Jil Sander S/S 11 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Janard Williams, Sep 25, 2010.

1. ColorScreams

ColorScreams New Member

Wow boring, and I don't feel it at all.

2. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

you can use those colours in an interesting way and he didn't

3. masquerade

masquerade God Save McQueen

I don't know if the shapes look sloppy, but they aren't flattering on the models which means they definitely won't look flattering on women who aren't as tall and lithe as models. I like the colors, I just don't like what he did with the shapes.

4. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I wonder if I can hate anything more than Jil Sander this season. Full stop.

5. Manuva

Manuva congratulations, nerds.

In a season where everyone is attempting to make minimalism trendy I really hoped Raf would step up and show all the newcomers how it's really done, and it's not just a passing trend.

Unfortunately, this collection will just merge in with the mess that has been this season. This has been the first Jil Sander collection I haven't liked since Raf arrived at Jil Sander.

6. hommeboy10

hommeboy10 Member

I enjoyed the show. I love the shapes he made, the colors were vibrant and the models looked all tall and beautiful.

7. JuiceMajor

JuiceMajor New Member

i want to see the HQ's

8. deer_st0p

deer_st0p New Member

I like the coats in the last two pictures, but that's about it. The colors feel a little too 80's technicolor for me, and most of the silhouettes look very unflattering.

9. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

I really love this :ninja: I think there are some really beautiful pieces in there, even though most of it is pretty repetitive

10. Sweet rus

Sweet rus Well-Known Member

I loved the colours but what's up with the shapes? These baggy and shapeles pieces don't look good even on models, what will they look like on an average woman? I am disappointed :(

11. Magic Spells

Magic Spells Active Member

Jil Sander S/S 11 Milan HQ
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    style.it

#71 Magic Spells, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited by moderator jramz911: Sep 25, 2010
  12. Magic Spells

[​IMG][[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    style.it

#72 Magic Spells, Sep 25, 2010
  13. Magic Spells

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    style.it

#73 Magic Spells, Sep 25, 2010
  14. rip_ian curtis

rip_ian curtis Well-Known Member

OMG, I thought I would NEVER say this about Jil Sander, but I absolutely HATE this collection! It looks like Oscar de la Renta and Michael Kors threw up in the same spot. There isn't a trace of the ageless, unisex Jil Sander cool. And the pumps, what on earth?? Has there really been some input from US Vogue team? I hope they cut the ties as soon as possible, I hate to see this house delivering something this bad!

15. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

Hmmm....not my favorite from Jil Sander...and this is coming from someone who can safely say that I love every single collection that Raf has done for the house up until this point.

However, despite not loving this collection as a whole, there are many looks that I really love. I think the first look on Alla is so gorgeous...the white basic tee with the voluminous green trousers (?). Very beautiful. I'm also crazy for all the suits...especially the looks with the three layers of color. Very attractive.

The music was awesome though.

16. helmut.newton

helmut.newton New Member

Details :flower:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    style.it/

17. helmut.newton

helmut.newton New Member

I love this collection. It was supreme and it stood out in the sea of shows that we have seen so far (with the exception of perhaps Prada and Marc).

The shapes were infinitely appealing in their strangeness. Sure, at times they were 'unflattering' but I think Raf was making a point with these languid shapes. I'm sure the pants will be tapered a little bit for production.

Also, I agree with all, the music was absolutely sublime.

18. kiseki

kiseki Member

I love this collection,,,it's nice to see Raf adding something new to the brand,,,
    the shapes are very inventive and the florial print pieces are brillant,,,,well
    realistically speaking, some of pieces and looks are very hard to wear if you don't have at least 5 FT 9'', otherwise you might end of like a pile of stuff, instead...

19. Shelton123

Shelton123 Member

Is it me or is EVERYONE doing some kind of simplistic bright orange dress? Though I like Jil Sander's actually...

20. mackos

mackos Alluring

I'm actually getting more and more convinced to the splashes of the flower prints, especially on this dress. The volume here works so beautifully with the printed petals.

[​IMG]
    daylife.com