Jil Sander Spring/summer 2005

just lovely...very grown up and wearable...

see...bows can be beautiful and elegant...they don't have to make you look like a little girl or a little doll...

i love the looseness of the silhouettes and the crispness of the fabrics...reads very 'spring' to me...and i am addicted to flat shoes these days...

just very chic and simple...no need for all the extra bells and whistles wee see at so many other shows...

yay jil....!!!

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 3 2004, 04:18 PM
just lovely...very grown up and wearable...

just very chic and simple...no need for all the extra bells and whistles wee see at so many other shows...

yay jil....!!!
[snapback]383834[/snapback]​

yay softie, yay helena :flower:

What is with all those strange hats this season, seeing them everywhere :S

very clean and simple signature Jil Sander,
not exactly my cup of tea but I find some dresses lovely :heart:

00100f.jpg

00270f.jpg

00370f.jpg

i still can not get over the white and yellow dress, it's amazing :heart:

the first dress that plumour posted reminds me of when you put a hot iron for too long on a piece of synthettc fabric...it scorches and melts and shrinks up...just like that area on the front of the dress...

it's such a cool effect...

:heart: this look

sander15.jpg

Not too fond of all the loose silhouettes though..

I like it, very lovely :heart:
my favourite bit about her designs is how she takes a simple idea and makes it interesting - without losing the subtle edge and the wearable aspect of the design :flower:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Oct 2 2004, 01:14 PM

[snapback]383109[/snapback]​
Love these, especially the second look. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jil Sander also had bags on her runway, a first for the designer, who built her reputation and business from clothes. This was a smart and lyrical collection, perhaps because of Ms. Sander's cool use of cotton (in seersucker stripes, as sleeveless dresses with a grille of delicate pleating) and superlight synthetic blends that gave a natural volume to coats. One writer said the clothes, the blue tones against oyster, reminded him of Cape Cod. (Well, there is a beachy ease here, felt also in Stephen Fairchild's caftans and faded sea colors.) But Ms. Sander's stars-and-stripes prints were noticeably hazy, her ikat patterns blurred, and her pretty dresses tied at the shoulders in soft knots. You were not meant to read too much into the clothes, just react.

Cathy Horyn from NYT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->