John Galliano - Designer, Creative Director of Maison Margiela

I loved this collection but I was tired about it and watching the making of process again and again is boring
all the year long with the same thing it is not fun

I was genuinely waiting for the co-ed to suddenly surprise us! Can u image, they could’ve transitioned it into a Co-ed show at the cinema, like JG’s SS11 show :/

I still have mixed feelings about this because it feels kind of self indulgent and cringe, and as a consumer I inevitably want to ***, but I do feel it makes sense in parallel to the restrictiveness of the arts/crafts / art nouveau movement’s response to the Industrial Revolution. Which I can only imagine back then felt a little more black and white, and what we’re going thru rn is way more confusing and sinister.

I think it’s quite exceptional to think that Maison Margiela has just presented 1 collection this year. It’s hilarious…

I wonder what are the terms of his contract then…

I think it’s quite exceptional to think that Maison Margiela has just presented 1 collection this year. It’s hilarious…

This. I don't care if you don't want to stage a show, but it's a drives me batty when a brand won't at least shoot a lookbook against a white backdrop.

There's definitely in-house materials produced and also for wholesale. We don't need anything polished –especially for a brand like Margiela!!!

It's frusterating when brands refuse to document their collections for future posterity and archival reference.

I guess if you really drag out a collection for an entire year, this is what you get... an eternal collection.

I don't know if you see Galliano portion on the first episode of the 90's documentary on Disney+...AW and Vogue (Hamish, André,etc) were very instrumental in supporting John and making it happen...

I guess if you really drag out a collection for an entire year, this is what you get... an eternal collection.
It’s weird that after a critically acclaimed show, nobody is capitalizing out of that. Not even a RTW version of some looks…
Interesting strategy.
I don't know if you see Galliano portion on the first episode of the 90's documentary on Disney+...AW and Vogue (Hamish, André,etc) were very instrumental in supporting John and making it happen...
Nothing under the sun, it’s a well known story at this point.
He is one of those (many) designers who benefitted of the support of US Vogue.

I’m pretty sure the RTW for this was the last show. The one that Lulu opened with the shirt collars. They just did it out of order

Nothing under the sun, it’s a well known story at this point.
He is one of those (many) designers who benefitted of the support of US Vogue.
That i know, i just don't remember watch footage and backstage from that show...
If she likes you, Anna W is your ride or die girl lol...
Also i've felt a bit nostalgic so see him so young and full of dreams...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suriiyy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->