Karl Lagerfeld For H&m

i found this pic of one of the most popular pieces...the silk chiffon women's tuxedo blouse with removable collar... :flower:

How rude of him... like he was skinny all the time... screw his diet, he should lay off the crack :doh:

Here is the article:
FASHION GURU'S FAT INSULT TO BRIT GIRLS Nov 29 2004

GERMAN fashion guru Karl Lagerfeld sparked outrage by claiming British women are too fat to wear his clothes.

He threw a tantrum when High Street chain H&M made his designs bigger to fit the average British woman - who is size 16.

The 66-year-old said they had been designed for 'slim, slender people.'

Directors of H&M have demanded an apology from the designer for offending their customers.

Lagerfeld, who runs fashion house Chanel, signed a deal to provide affordable clothing for H&M and his range has proved a success.

But he has vowed to never work with the Swedish chain store again after it dared to increase his sizes.

He said: 'What I really didn't like was that certain fashion sizes were made bigger. What I created was fashion for slim, slender people.'

H&M marketing director Jorgen Andersson, hit back, saying: 'I can see why the women of Britain feel upset and I think he should say sorry to them.

'Fashion should be fun for everyone, so I can understand why people got insulted.

'We've been very clear from the beginning that it was to be a full size range.'

MP Ann Widdecombe said: 'Lagerfeld's comments are absolutely barmy. The fact is, most women are a size 14 or over, so why should they be denied the joy of his fashion?'

I know we've had discussions on this before but here is a new article, directed especially at brits. Also just to let people know who don't already that a british size 16 is equivalent to an american 14 or european 44. And I agree ale. last time I checked, karl hasn't been skinny that long.

The article may be two months old, and I do remember reading it and following discussion about it before, but I stand by my opinion that Karl Lagerfeld is still an ***.

As You Like It said:
The article may be two months old, and I do remember reading it and following discussion about it before, but I stand by my opinion that Karl Lagerfeld is still an ***.
:flower:

However old it is I think it is unfair and even disgusting for him to voice such opinions. No wonder so many people have eating disorders....

He shouldn`t have bitched like that...but the clothes really were HUGE like tents...even the smallest size (34) was hanging on me...

As You Like It said:

agreed...my point is only that this is not NEWS and that karl lagerfeld being an *** has been well documented and discussed already...

if i could find the link...i'm sure this very article has already been posted and discussed...it's somewhere in designers and collections...

is all... ^_^ :flower:

hot

I think KL is sexy! Im glad he dissed H&M & i only regret that he's in bed with tommy. but hes been so great so long I say let him cash in at age 80. i love his designs since the 70s and his work for Chanel has been breathtaking. he's also an excellent photographer & whoever he does the ad campaigns with gives Chanel possibly the best ad images in fashion.
I find his trimmed down physique amazing admirable and sexy. How can anyone complain about KL's anti-fat bias when 'thin is in' is the mantra for the entire fashion world? agencies tell girls to lose weight everyday, the entire modelling industry preaches an unhealthy slimness why is KL taken to task for voicing that truth? he also looks like a member of the 60s Thunderbirds and captain Scarlett TV show from england. that to me is sexy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, "thin is in" for models. Not everybody is a model. You're idea of sexy is my worst fear realized.

KL's diet plan?

did KL ever say what his secret to losing weight was? I mean a special diet or what? Most people know that being overweight is a huge medical problem. it's more healthy to be slim, and more attractive. Im not saying starve yourself, and Im not recommending that anyone get scary thin like hana, but it is healthier to be thin! I read a study in the ny times that said that underweight people live longest! do you think KL got so thin its almost anorexic? I dont know!! maybe he actually achieved his ideal body weight! Has anyone accused him of being anorexic? I havent heard that. I am as concerned about anorexia or bulimia as anyone, but there is no getting around the fact that the fashion business preaches Thin Is In. KL simply verbalized that and I find his new physique admirable! I wonder how he did it? It takes great self-control to be so slim. I have a fairly rigorous & specific diet that Ive followed for years but I would still like to be about 10 pounds less, my body type is average but Id like to be slimmer yet.

lady grey said:
I think KL is sexy! Im glad he dissed H&M & i only regret that he's in bed with tommy. but hes been so great so long I say let him cash in at age 80. i love his designs since the 70s and his work for Chanel has been breathtaking. he's also an excellent photographer & whoever he does the ad campaigns with gives Chanel possibly the best ad images in fashion.
I find his trimmed down physique amazing admirable and sexy. How can anyone complain about KL's anti-fat bias when 'thin is in' is the mantra for the entire fashion world? agencies tell girls to lose weight everyday, the entire modelling industry preaches an unhealthy slimness why is KL taken to task for voicing that truth? he also looks like a member of the 60s Thunderbirds and captain Scarlett TV show from england. that to me is sexy.

I mostly agree.

And the question is: does the "average size 44 woman" care to wear Lagerfeld? I think not.

Women who care about Designer Fashion mostly don`t care to take care of themselves to fit into the clothes.

F.e. Gucci goes up to italian 46 (=german size 42). So "the average woman" wouldn`t fit into Gucci! Nobody complains about that.

Beside that, I somewhat disagree that "the average woman" is a size 44...maybe in the USA or UK, where obesity is a huge problem...but probably not on the european continent. I work in a Designer Store myself and when we get new Collections the most pieces come in size 38 and 40 (and a lesser number of pieces in 34/36 and 42/44).

So, according to my own experience "the average woman" is one or two sizes bigger than Models and "the average young woman" is Model size.

lady grey said:
did KL ever say what his secret to losing weight was?

Yes he did! And he wrote a Bestseller Book on it!

It`s the "3D Diet" (he only ate Soup & Proteine Drinks mixed by doctors) for a year and lost 60 kilo / 132 pounds in that time.

lady grey said:
did KL ever say what his secret to losing weight was? I mean a special diet or what? Most people know that being overweight is a huge medical problem. it's more healthy to be slim, and more attractive. Im not saying starve yourself, and Im not recommending that anyone get scary thin like hana, but it is healthier to be thin! I read a study in the ny times that said that underweight people live longest! do you think KL got so thin its almost anorexic? I dont know!! maybe he actually achieved his ideal body weight! Has anyone accused him of being anorexic? I havent heard that. I am as concerned about anorexia or bulimia as anyone, but there is no getting around the fact that the fashion business preaches Thin Is In. KL simply verbalized that and I find his new physique admirable! I wonder how he did it? It takes great self-control to be so slim. I have a fairly rigorous & specific diet that Ive followed for years but I would still like to be about 10 pounds less, my body type is average but Id like to be slimmer yet.
In my opinion, without a doubt he has either developed anorexia or some other ED, and not judging solely on his EXTREME weight loss, but by his anti-fatism attitudes, horribly distorted views on food and disgust with the act of eating, ect. He may be a fashion genius or whatever, but he , in my opinion is seriously messed up :shock: and obviously obsessed with thinness....BIG red flag:important for anyone who knows anything about ED's. Sorry for bringing this topic back up, i wasnt aware that it was previously discussed, i was just livid after finding this article. So we can close this discussion since it already was threaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->