Karl Lagerfeld For H&m

Originally posted by Alura@Nov 14 2004, 10:18 AM
maskedmannequin, I have to disagree, the collection is well cut and well designed when you put it in the H&M perspective and the limited amount of costs. It's true the items don't look very good when they are hanging there but once they are on they have a nice cut and combine very well with eachother. Although some items look more like M&S lingerie, such as the silk 'hot pants'. If you are not a fan of the Chanel or Dior Homme looks than I can understand your point, the collection is very much based on what Lagerfeld is known for and therefor safe to please his following.
[snapback]431058[/snapback]​

Yeah, seeing how eastendsnob and diorella look in the clothes they bought....wow....Karl did a good job.

they definitely look better on...
the quality is not the best...but the fit is much better than h&m's usual...

i was very surprised...i bought a camisole that i don't think anyone else here bought...and it is AMAZING...i am so very pleased with it...and i wasn't even going to get it because i didn't think it looked like anything special...LOL...

I wanted to go and get some stuff, but since I have like 10 euros in my account right now.... Only thing I wanted anyway were the sunglasses. They may be cheap but expensive ones break so soon anyhow or you lose them.

It's mostly sold out in Europe, even in fashion-less Holland! Maybe I'll have to ask my bank if I can go into red, that way I can squeeze in some nice things here and there.

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 13 2004, 06:25 AM
tom ford would be a dream for them...could you imagine the hysteria if ford did h&m?...
:lol: :innocent:
[snapback]429921[/snapback]​

Watch Tom coming out with a line for Zara :lol:

i went back for more today......

i got a white Karl tee and a silver tie

the tux shirt in the womens collection is gorgeous i might have to nick it from my sister :blush:

I just checked out Ebay and typed in Karl Lagerfeld H&M

there is a TON of stuff. So if there is something you didn't get and are interested in paying a lil (or a LOT in some cases) more than check that out.

I just checked on my sunglasses and mens bag. But alot of them are up to 50-60 for the glasses and 150 for the bag. eeekkkkkkkkkk. But i want them, so i'll still search

Originally posted by Alejandro@Nov 14 2004, 01:53 PM
[snapback]431353[/snapback]​

I was going to say the same thing about Zara.

They're probably planning a VERY special collaboration right now.....

I like how he stuck to his own aesthetic for the collection, and it turned out very nicely I must say.

Pity I left the UK 2 weeks ago! :(

Originally posted by Alejandro@Nov 14 2004, 01:53 PM
[snapback]431353[/snapback]​
That would REALLY disapoint me. I can only hope he doesn't.

Originally posted by twilight fairy@Nov 14 2004, 02:59 AM
I'm officially not going to buy anything from this H&M collection. Everything is being bought. I mean EVERYTHING. So I disagree with whoever said that H&M shoppers don't know who Karl Lagerfield is. I think most females that care about their looks and are interested in fashion (which most females are) know who he is, therefore are taking this opportunity to own something that is designed by him.
[snapback]430836[/snapback]​

I think the majority of people flocking to H&M to buy the collection are not H&M's normal customer which is really the point of the whole thing.

It's more about H&M earning some creditbility among the men and women who follow the shows, buy the fashion mags, and know who Karl Legerfeld is and getting those fashion conscious people to spend more money at H&M. They don't really care about introducing the H&M customer to Karl Lagerfeld.

To be honest, the only thing I even remotely liked from the collection was the cocktail dress. I haven't seen any of it in person yet though-I just couldn't be bothered with the crowds. After seeing the melee on TV I was even more glad that I didn't show up on the first day. :shock:

Most of the smaller sizes are gone by now. I was disappointed with the quality. The black pants and suit jackets are not even as good as my Benetton ones. And the pouffy cocktail dress was not flattering. I liked the silver tie tho. Did anyone else get the rings? I think I might go back to get the tee, they only have the XL sizes but I guess I can re-sew it or something.

Originally posted by Alura@Nov 14 2004, 04:18 PM
maskedmannequin, I have to disagree, the collection is well cut and well designed when you put it in the H&M perspective and the limited amount of costs. It's true the items don't look very good when they are hanging there but once they are on they have a nice cut and combine very well with eachother. Although some items look more like M&S lingerie, such as the silk 'hot pants'. If you are not a fan of the Chanel or Dior Homme looks than I can understand your point, the collection is very much based on what Lagerfeld is known for and therefor safe to please his following.
[snapback]431058[/snapback]​
Ah! You got me wrong! When I said I wasn't a fan-I meant I hadn't seen much of his work before and so was going in unawares!
I didn't try anything on, as it's not really my style.Bit too...erm what's the word...conservative. So ouldn't know about the cut.
I just found it odd that in some cities they went wild (e.g. Paris) whilst in others like Manchester (where I might add-the people are very stylish-but in their own individual ways) there wasn't a huge interest.

Originally posted by fullfrontal@Nov 15 2004, 02:29 PM
I think the majority of people flocking to H&M to buy the collection are not H&M's normal customer which is really the point of the whole thing.

It's more about H&M earning some creditbility among the men and women who follow the shows, buy the fashion mags, and know who Karl Legerfeld is and getting those fashion conscious people to spend more money at H&M. They don't really care about introducing the H&M customer to Karl Lagerfeld.
[snapback]432954[/snapback]​

very well stated.... :flower:

Lagerfeld at H&M: sizzling in Paris, lukewarm in London

By Suzy Menkes International Herald Tribune

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

LONDONThe reports were coming in from Paris of customers lining up from 6 a.m. and crowds snapping up streetwise couture. Yet only four people were standing in the drizzle outside H&M at Oxford Circus at 9:30, as Karl Lagerfeld's much heralded line of accessible fashion went on sale last week.
.The massification of high fashion has been hailed as the next big thing. Swedish clothing giant Hennes & Mauritz showed billboards and TV spots with the designer, heavy metal finger rings to the fore. In France, where Lagerfeld's name is a household word after two decades at Chanel, the entire shipment of his and hers jeans at €49.90 (about $65), white cotton shirts at €39.90, skinny knits and a sparkling sequined tuxedo (for women), sold out.
.In London, after a flop of an opening, a respectable number of purchases were snapped up, but there was no rush for "Liquid Karl," the fragrance to go with the clothes.
.The first people through H&M's doors included foreign visitors and fashion students, and one couple said it was "pure coincidence," as they knew nothing about the Lagerfeld promotion (which was boldly displayed in a side window).
."I think in France people want a piece of him because of Chanel," said Christine Ramphal, a Swiss fashion student at Central Saint Martins in London. Maria Lee from Denmark said that she had read about the project in a magazine. Cédric Soulie and Charlotte Bateau, on vacation from France, had expected a manic line of shoppers, but said: "We have no Top Shop in France, where the prices are the same" (referring to the store that is a byword for fast fashion in England).
.The H&M store manager, Paul Roberts, said he thought that "the English are a little bit wary of having someone like Karl Lagerfeld working with a High Street name."
.The idea of high design moving down from class to mass is not so new. Last year, the American designer Isaac Mizrahi produced a cheap and cheerful range for Target. This week, Jean Paul Gaultier will unveil a collection for the French mail-order catalogue La Redoute. And in England, Debenhams department store offers lower-priced lines by British designers such as Jasper Conran, Ben de Lisi and Philip Treacy.
.Yet the Lagerfeld collaboration had seemed to mark a watershed when the differences between the top and lower levels of fashion were to be ironed as flat as the crisp white cotton H&M shirts. As the designer himself put it: "My concept of ready-to-wear today at whatever level is that it has to be as good as the most expensive brand. Design is very important and design is not a question of price any more."
.The collaboration has been a publicity coup, with Lagerfeld in a frenzy of interviews that promote H&M. But both sides admit that this is a project with no planned future: a deliberate one-season wonder. Don't expect mass market Chanel any time soon.
.Jessica Michault reported from Paris:
.The line was already around the block at 9:15 on Friday morning outside the H&M on the rue de Rivoli in Paris. Women of all ages stood in the bitter cold, determined to be the first to get their hands on the Karl Lagerfeld creations designed exclusively for the store.
."It's a secret," said a woman of a certain age standing at the front of the line when asked what time she had arrived. She later admitted that she showed up at the store at 6 a.m. to grab a coveted spot by the front door.
.A group of ingenious fashionistas had a more tactical approach to getting to the front of the line. They spread out to different H&M stores around the city and called each other on their cellphones to discuss which store had the shortest line. One of them, stationed at the rue de Rivoli store, scurried off to another H&M, where she hoped to have a better chance of getting her hands on the clothes.
.This turned out to be a smart move. Like a swarm of locusts, the crowd at rue de Rivoli descended on the Karl Lagerfeld section of the store. Women snatched up the clothes with little regard to size or style. By 10:15 the section was cleaned out. Some women who arrived at the store too late hovered around the dressing rooms in hopes of picking up items left behind by shoppers. One woman stood in the checkout line, holding a modern silver Lagerfeld ring and looking dejected. "I had to buy something after all that effort," she said.

:o gaultier for la redoute.... :woot:

Virtually none of the menswear has sold in Newcastle yet...the cuts are way too tight for the average Geordie-customer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->