Kris van Assche Homme S/S 06 Paris

kit

Reaction score
PARIS : Kris van Assche Tailors Sportswear

From Fashion Wire Daily

By Godfrey Deeny

Kris Van Assche had a packed out audience this Saturday for his spring-summer men’s collection, a healthy sign that his status as a young designer to watch is being taken seriously.

Any men’s magazine worthy of the name had an editor or stylist at show in the battered old rock concert venue of North Paris, Elysee Montmartre.

Wise, evidently, beyond his years, Kris’ second collection a clever extension from his first show, and like the debut its focus was the delicate act of balancing tailoring and sportswear.

Van Assche’s inspiration was Buenos Aires, and the almost religious ritual that toreros go through every time they get dressed. “It would be nice if more men took that time, that trouble, just a short quite moment to prepare themselves,” the designer opined to FWD backstage.

Opening with a few curly haired models in Bermuda pants styled like truncated sweatpants and dress shirts cut sportily, Van Assche set the tone for the controlled, street savvy chic he favors.

Classic shirts came with bullfighters epaulettes, jackets exited with built in pocket-handkerchiefs. But the heart of this collection were the dandy suits, cut with neat short jackets and fatigue style trousers. They did not all work – too often there was one strap, zip or tie too many. But when they did – like with a super micro hounds-tooth suit with patch pockets - one could only admire the dexterity and ability to make a new sort of tailoring.

Events ended with an accordionist playing an Argentine lament as a dozen models appeared in trim pants and tank tops, one of which bore the face of Carlos Gardel, that country’s greatest tango singer. Now, if it’s hard to imagine Gardel in some of this casual gear, his grandsons, if he left any, should grab the collection with both hands .

I really like his stuff...one i'm keeping a close eye on.

this season is nice, anyone found more pics?
53184565.jpg
53184527.jpg

53184537.jpg
53184530.jpg

thanks for posting amchan...
curious to see more myself...

:flower:

More Pics :heart:

53184581.jpg

53184563.jpg

53184537.jpg

53184536.jpg

53184530.jpg

53184527.jpg

All pics from Getty Images .

My apologies for the watermarks . :cry:

does anybody know if one of those models is called Milan Krouzil?

I adore the colours he uses!
He himself is quite easy on the eyes as well...

What I am seeing is realy great! It's laidback and very cool, which I like. Definetly would wear some stuff here.

is that Kris in the bottom pic...

if it is, i'm liking his look...

I like the non-going-to-the-beach part of the show a lot. I also like how he does volume without it looking sloppy.

Quite good, though I wouldn't wear it. I agree with Faust about the volume.

he is definitely off and running...
a very strong showing...imo...

some issues here and there...but overall, a very good direction...
thx for posting all the pics thomas...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->