blandly unexpected from mert + marcus.
- still an incredible cast though.

Its very clean and simple, but in a boring a dull way

no more jumping?! I like the cast and the whimsy of the new theme :smile:

^No more jumping! yeahh!!!
This is real GOOD for Lacoste, Jon and Noah are so sexy

lol

i love this

it's actually really fun! which is something i expect from Lacoste, but this a different kind of 'fun'. this makes me smile cause it's such a quirky idea.

These are great! I love the absence of the whimsical theatrics from the previous ads. These are classy, clean and most importantly they sell the clothes. Great casting, too.

This is definitely a 180 degree shift in terms of execution and art direction and though I do think it's a step forward in one way or another, I can't help but feel like something is missing. Maybe it's just the result of a weak collection presented simply as is. I guess I shouldn't expect to be wowed when such a mediocre product is being marketed in a way that it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
LACOSTE’S NEW LOOK: After 10 seasons of its “Un Peu d’Air Sur Terre” ad campaign, Lacoste will introduce a new concept under the tag line “Unconventional Chic” in January. The ads feature individual models — including Liya Kebede, Anja Rubik, Jon Kortajarena and Noah Mills — in each iteration, rather than the groups of models that populated the previous ads. Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott shot the new campaign, working for the first time with Lacoste.

“After five years it was time for a change. The previous ads were very product-focused and we felt we needed a campaign that was an affirmation of the brand statement as a whole,” said Christophe Chenut, chief executive officer of Lacoste SA.

The new ads show each model wearing the iconic white Lacoste polo shirt over evening dresses and formalwear. “We’re showing that you can be chic in a different way, not just when you are dressed up for a party or for the office,” explained Chenut.

The global campaign will break next month in print, outdoors and online. Lacoste and its licensees will spend about 50 million euros, or $66.3 million at current exchange, on the campaign in 2011, up slightly from 2010, said Chenut. The media buy will mirror sales geographically, with about 30 percent in the Americas, 50 percent in Europe and 20 percent in Asia.

A separate, product-focused campaign for the Lacoste Live brand, which targets a younger consumer, will be introduced in March, and will also bear the “Unconventional Chic” tag line.

wwd.com

^^ Yeah. I agree.

Anja has a svelte body which borders on athletic and Lacoste is a high-end sports brand so... you guys get what I mean~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->