Lanvin S/S 2007 : Coco Rocha, Stam and Tanya by Steven Meisel

This isn't very exciting at all, but I still want to see more before I judge! I had such high expectations for these! Got nothing against Coco though...but I would have prefered someone else...

The 'shut your mouth,love' approach is so yesterday...but I have nothing else to ad.

could have been alot better..
the collection was a step down for lanvin anyway

Really bad :( I'm in no way a fan of Coco, but I more or less came here expecting to be disappointed because I'd have to admit to myself that it was good, but I think the fact that it's so...bleh, disappoints me even more :lol: Lanvin has so much potential for beatiful ads and editorials, it's a shame to see something so mediocre coming out instead.

That said, maybe the other ads will be better?

I dont like it much, it could have been better with a greyscale background and different makeup...

thanks for photo though BerlinRocks :bounce::kiss:

To me the problem really starts and ends with the model.

Coco is so undynamic, imo anyway. There's nothing striking or even attractive about her face and her one facial expression.

I think the ideal choice would have been Ajuma who closed the show. Even in a boring ad, I think her features could have added a certain edge.

That said, the background color really is off, it's so overpowering and the dress is so minimal you don't even notice it.

Had the background been changed to a more flattering tone - think a lighter shade of red - this ad would have been mediocre. See the edited version created by me below: Without the distracting and unflattering background, the picture doesn't appear nearly as harsh.

Made by me using BerlinRocks' picture.

I think it looks much better in print..the picture doesn't look too good (maybe because of the flash)

breathe.couture said:
Weird..compare her legs in this shot to the Balenciaga.

Her legs here haven't had their shape changed as much as for balenciaga I guess.

I don't like it, or really hate it. :rolleyes:

This smiley is codenamed Coco ---> :o

city girl said:
could have been alot better..
the collection was a step down for lanvin anyway

I liked the collection but this ad is very disappointing :huh: I really don't think Coco was the right choice for this.

Crakk said:
I wish they would give the other girls some shine. Im so tired of Coco! Mouse face! Close your mouth before a fly flies in it!

:lol: :woot: :rolleyes: :lol:

I never mind when a girl takes over all the ad campaigns - Kate, Freja, Coco. I don't see the big deal. All of these trends are TEMPORARY.

I dont really like the mens ads either, maybe they will grow on me. To be honest I didnt really like the collections as much as the past seasons...[men&women]

^ me neither. it made me kind of sad for lanvin..like it was a cop out (if that makes sense)
i do prefer the mens ads though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->