Lanvin S/S 2010 : Jamie Bochert by Steven Meisel

Ok. Seriously...can we move on from the fact that her face is not showing?

I know, it's like one person starts and the rest fly with it ......
It's not like her face is a monstrosity !! Her features are striking and unique .

This is gorgeous. I want to see more. I love all of the recent Lanvin campaigns and this is no exception.

I like it.
Though it has that element of brash, ugly forced posing like the Mulberry winter campaign.

Eventough I don't like Jamie I like this ad.It looks so powerful,I like her poses,and the dresses they used totaly represnt Lanvin in a beautiful way:heart:I can't wait for more shots for sure:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not surprised by everyones reaction to her face, everyone around here seems to only go for the stick figure, boring, blonde fem-bots :rolleyes:
Anywho, I really like the ad, I wish that the head was in two different positions then both of them being back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really like this, which is a shame 'cos I was really looking forward to it. Jamie's strength is definitely in her posing, as seen in her Marc Jacobs campaign, but it just isn't really working for me here. Especially the left-hand pose - it looks very strained, very forced. Almost uncomfortable. That was probably the objective I know, but I for one would have preferred a more natural sense of movement. In this I get the impression she's posing on one spot rather than moving, if you know what I mean...

why is it so sterile looking? i loved the collection but this leaves me uninterested.

Very nice. Love the motion in the pic.

Okay, here's my honest review:

I don't care for Jamie, especially not for Lanvin. I get appeal in her face, but it's not my cup of tea, and I don't think it's right for such a feminine brand. If they put on the right makeup and photograph her well enough, I guess I won't mind too much, because right now it looks to me like they were trying their hardest not to have her face show... there's just some tension in her neck or back that looks forced. I was kind hoping Olga Sherer would get this, even though she and Jamie both don't have very feminine, womanly bodies (Olga more so, but she was wearing a billowy dress in her dazzling SS08 campaign), maybe not the best in these tight clothes. Speaking of which, I don't think these clothes really capture the gem of a collection this is :ermm:

But on the positive side, I do love the poses, minus the neck/back thing, and the clothes are still beautiful. I love the poses too, and I love how Meisel captured the entire thing. The concept is unique and interesting, in good ways ^_^
I am hoping for more pics...

^We really do! Generally I have an impression that the ad campaigns are flowing so idly this season :judge:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->