Lanvin S/S 2010 : Jamie Bochert by Steven Meisel

this could have been a disaster but it's surprisingly good.

It is eye-catching at first glance; the movement, the clothes, tone and mood. That is until one takes time to dissect the details :lol: I agree about the background appears photoshoped, the shadow is weird. On the right photo, her shoulder looks a bit bulky. Nonetheless, as an ad campaign I think it captures the interest of people in general

I'm not really liking this as I would have preferred to see face and I even more don't like how it looks she has been photoshopped onto the background .
Those are my two complaints, though I have a feeling we'll see more of Jamie as new shots come out. I hate the background though, it doesn't add anything. I do love the movement. It's what I'd expect if Trentini, Zimmermann or Rocha had an epileptic seizure while shooting for Vogue, with surprisingly cool results.

I can't imagine how the same people who constantly insult Jamie haven't gotten tired of the same shtick already. It's for sure I have. :innocent:

I can't imagine how the same people who constantly insult Jamie haven't gotten tired of the same shtick already. It's for sure I have. :innocent:

Heaven forbid a woman doesn't look like a conventional model.
No, she doesn't look like a tranny. Yes she's androgynous. Yes she makes this campaign amazing.

It's what I'd expect if Trentini, Zimmermann or Rocha had an epileptic seizure while shooting for Vogue
:rofl:

I like this but I want to see her face ,idk, it would look more interesting and strong.

it looks like Jamie is being attacked by the cats from
the last campaign..its so amusing I want to see more

Great campaign! The clothes looks perfect! Jamie rocks. The only thing which is disturbing me is the chandelier.

I think it's absolutely brilliant. I wasn't enthusiastic when I heard Jamie does Lanvin this season (she's not my cup of tea to be honest) but I am glad my concern was pointless. This campaign looks great so far, very eye-catching

i don't like how it looks like she was photoshoped into the background, but i love the poses!

Well, I guess that I'm in the minority but I really like Jamie's face. I fell in love with her watching a backstage interview. She has this great aura about her that's unique as her beauty. Oddly enough I like this campaign because the emotion you feel is dependent on the body movements.

I'm impressed because it does not focus on the model but the clothing itself.
The movement made the ruffles noticeable. This is very very good.

Oh, so a new decade of Lanvin has been introduced. I'm not impressed. It's forced and lacks any kind of the spontaneity it seems to aspire to.

it's not bad; definitely dynamic in it's own way but i'm not really impressed with it. I like the concept, it's definitely humorous and very Meisel so i'll wait to see more.

yaya, i hope the hsots don't show her face or it will totally ruin it for me.

I wish there were more from this shoot!

but i really do love this ad, its different, the poses are unconventional and the clothes look stunning!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->