Louis Vuitton S/S 2009 : Madonna by Steven Meisel

That last shot is beautiful. I don't understand her shoving her crotch in our faces though.. there are other ways to show off your flexibility without making us dry reach. It takes the focus away from the clothes too.

The more I see this campaign, the more I love it! (So I changed my mind!)

overall what i thought is:

(Good Collection + Good Photographer + Good Styling) x Rubbish 'Model' = WTF...

especially the open legs ones...

P.S. there must be a lot and a lot of photoshop-ing!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, unretouched pictures of Madonna leaked recently and she has FLAWLESS skin!

Anyway, there's now a 5 minute behind the scenes making of the shoot on the official Louis Vuitton website, where you can see Madonna and Marc Jacobs at work during the shoot! It's really cool and Madonna is just the epitome of cool and style! Love it!

Actually, unretouched pictures of Madonna leaked recently and she has FLAWLESS skin!

uhm, i've seen those leaked pics and damn, her clothes are too tight, her skin is like wrinkle central, she squints so badly that her eyes look closed most of the time.

flawless is something else.

i meant unretouched pics of her Meisel shot for Hard Candy. not the Vuitton shoot.

and damn, they had the green Kalahari GM on set but didn't release it. a*sholes!

^ Oh, ok.. :D

And yeah, the Kalahari in Green looks really good, it actually looks better than the Kalahari in Masala which they'd be releasing. *sigh*

thank you for posting the 'behind the scenes' video.
It's starting to grow on me. The clothes are fantastic..
I love the shots of Madonna lying on the wall seat :wub:

Thanks for posting the video :flower:
I actually like this campaign very much. I know it sounds cliché, but I love the atmosphere of that french café...
I just think that the problem is with the styling, because a lot of feathers (or whatever these green, orange etc things are) were used, without a lot of variety.

it's just a question of personal taste, i guess...? i don't like ray of light. she hasn't done anything impressive since erotica imo...

Thanks for sharing the video! It was nice to see Marie-Amélie Sauvé even thought only for a few seconds!
I love the collection and I really like the colours and the smokey ambiance of the pictures, especially for a SS collection.

it's just a question of personal taste, i guess...? i don't like ray of light. she hasn't done anything impressive since erotica imo...

Totally agree!

I like the ray of light era, but erotica was definitely so much better... She hasn't done anything really impressive (I mean controversy, not music) since the Sex book.
The confessions on a dancefloor era was interesting, but I can't even compare with erotica. Even though erotica (the album) wasn't successful in charts Madonna got more attention, because people hadn't liked her sexual acts.
I think she is related to sex in anything she does, but not as much as she used to... There's still something sexual in these ads, but a bit forced.

those are not reasons to retire, I would expect that of someone like Kate Moss, who is only a model and now looks horrible (skin, hair, body, everything...!) so she should retire right now cause she is only a model, she has nothing more to offer.

... and it has nothing to do with age, just look Claudia Schiffer, 5 years older than Kate and she looks fabulous.

Madonna is not a model, she revolutionized the world and will be a source of inspiration for so many people even if she's 80 years old.

^_^

when i said i thought she should retire it was just a way of saying that i think madonna has been irrelevant since the mid 90s, and that she's been trying too hard lately. i didn't mean be taken so seriously... i don't care if she retires or not, really. the fact that she got this campaign has no effect in my life besides the fact that i don't like it and that i think it will be a 'waste' of attention paid to her and not to the beautiful collection. i totally understand if you disagree with me, but i believe that's not a reason to start a discussion about retirement (well not in this thread), much less about kate moss... it's just my opinion, no one has to agree with me. we have different tastes, i respect yours, and vice versa.

when i said i thought she should retire it was just a way of saying that i think madonna has been irrelevant since the mid 90s, and that she's been trying too hard lately. i didn't mean be taken so seriously... i don't care if she retires or not, really. the fact that she got this campaign has no effect in my life besides the fact that i don't like it and that i think it will be a 'waste' of attention paid to her and not to the beautiful collection. i totally understand if you disagree with me, but i believe that's not a reason to start a discussion about retirement (well not in this thread), much less about kate moss... it's just my opinion, no one has to agree with me. we have different tastes, i respect yours, and vice versa.

I certainly didn't take your "Madonna should have retired already ... since the late 90s.." that seriously, but I have to confess that I was very curious because she was very successful in the late 90's, a lot of Mtv Awards and Grammys ..... so she was clearly relevant for a lot of people independently of personal opinions.

that's it :wink: have a nice day :flower:

I'm hoping louisvuitton.com will upload HQ's soon ^_^

Hahah, me too, been checking the website :lol:

But i got the feeling they would post the HQs much later around mid-Feb to March,
like what they did for SS08, they usually post the making-of much earlier :flower: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->