Louis Vuitton S/S 2009 : Madonna by Steven Meisel

Those are so disgusting. You're a 50 year old woman, cover your damn legs for once. Those poses would be bad for anyone, even a 20 year old, but when you have a grandma doing them, it's so wrong. I get it she wants to be "edgy" to remain at all relevant, but doesn't she have anything at all to offer at 50, other than her spread out legs and her underwear?

As for the ads themselves, they are so heavy and unpleasant. The colors and the set up makes me depressed for some reason. And of course having Madonna there adds to the injury.

I love Meisel, love LV, love Madonna, but that shot with her legs wide open is too much.

that second shot it's disgusting...and for some reason I'm also beginning to feel sad when I look at them....like and old dusty house...

Last edited by a moderator:
the ads are just ok,nothing impressive really....maybe its Madonna's expression that pulls me off

hahahhaaa and the legs....we kind of GET that she is wayyyy fit but its too much now LOL

I like it, minus the one where she is spreading em wide open with the tacky monogrammed granny panties, that is just gross. Are they trying to be edgy, I looked at the Lanvin campaign with Iselin shot by Meisel and wish he did something similar

I have nothing against Madonna, I think she is a better choice than say something like ScarJo, but some of the shots are lackluster, the only one I really like is the one where she is lying down on the 3 chairs

I keep seeing the word granny being used so I think it is age related prejudice to an extent.

Also its ok for kate moss to get naked for an Interview magazine editorial but when Madonna opens her legs 'suggestively' while fully clothed in an advertisement she's 'disgusting' ??

weird.

I keep seeing the word granny being used so I think it is age related prejudice to an extent.

Well yes.. as you get older the acceptability of doing a spread eagle pose for a fashion shoot becomes less and less acceptable.

Don't fret.. Kate Moss eventually will get there, if she hasn't already

I wouldn't do that to an LV bag. I would have cherished it more than a child:innocent:

I didn't expect anything out of this, they pumped up the ads with Madonna since the colection itself was a disaster!:sick:

i think people are just used to seeing the vivid colors of mert&marcus... the dark setting reminds me of the old decadent parisian hotels. it's very vuitton, i think. and it doesn't help that i really love madonna and meisel so no bad comments from me.

mh. actually i can't imagine why one would choose Madonna (as a protagonist of a campaign) over any model.

:flower: no offence but if you come across donatella versace in milan who used maddy for Versace's advertising campaigns 3 times in the company's existence, then you could probably ask her :flower:

this was a great collection, and i love the color in these ads. too bad they chose madonna instead of a model. this is the kind of collection that shouldn't be, and definitely wouldn't need to be, outshined by such a big celebrity (who, by the way, should have retired already... since the late 90s...).

I love this campaign with Madonna, because she looks so great and the pics are amazing and i like this work of her and Meisel and thanks for posting the pics. :flower:

I love that shot of her lying on the couch with the bag balanced in the air on her foot:D, I think its sexy and Im so in love with this collection anyone could be modeling it and I wouldnt care, well not anyone,lol:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->