Louis Vuitton S/S 2009 : Madonna by Steven Meisel

According to STYLE Magazine Singapore, she was reportedly paid 15 million to front the campaign!!!

Is it true??? Because although Style is a very well respected magazine, that amount of money is seriously too much, even for Madonna. And the campaign wasn't even revolutionary!!! And I thought that was an economical crisis. Is this to recoup the money that she lost when she divorced from Guy Richie?

*sorry, i'm just bitter because I just got a letter from the bank:(damn you Lehman

I agree, it's way to much. Don't get me wrong I like the campaign, but it's not even worth 1 million in my eyes :innocent:

^OMG, Shalom would have been perfect. She's like a super good supermodel, but she's not really the kind of model that steals thunder from the campaign*coughsNAOMIcoughs*

+LV would have saved at least 14.5 million presumably Shalom charges >$500 000, but at the same time, the ad would be much better.

is that true the average payment for shalom is on that average number??

Here's a look at the first printed ad for the new Louis Vuitton campaign from the February issue of Elle UK magazine. Scan courtesy of www.madonnalicious.com

Attachments

• elle_0209_louisvuitton_advert.jpg
    elle_0209_louisvuitton_advert.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 54
is that true the average payment for shalom is on that average number??

It was just a guess on my part. but she's a well established model, and from what I heard/read, it's around there. It may be lesser or more.

At least it beats having to pay Madonna.

the outfit is actually the same like in the one where she's raising her leg...

madonavuitton1ih6.jpg
first page

but for some reason, the bag looks smaller in the first pic...

i prefer the lying down photo tho.

oh yeah I just noticed that actually, thanks for pointing that out. How many images are going to be in print? It usually a pretty low number compared to some other campaigns.

Thanks robster16:flower:
I like the first image best of all:D The middle pic....blaaaahhhhhh:ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
The new second picture looks SOOO GROSS :ninja:
LV underwear is something beyond cheapness!

:heart: the first one, the colours are amazing. the second shot is discusting, i hate all that lifting her leg crap. it's almost as if its her personality is been advertised more than the collection.

I cant even BELIEVE that second shot!!!.....Words escape me...

I don't get why/how people are so revolted by the second shot. Is it because she's over 50 ? Why can't she be sexual at that age, she is fully covered and I think the picture is more suggestive than anything overtly vulgar. I for one have no problem seeing a woman of her age spread her legs especially when they look as good as she does.

She's a beautiful and sexy woman with an amazing body, why shouldnt she show it off, at the end of the day it's an advertisement and we all know that sex sells plus its Madonna , its her thing lol.

^^For me age got NOTHING to do with it, its vulgar and not cool, not even for an underwear ad, and if this was some 19 year old model/starlet i would feel the same way, nothing against M and her age.I blame LV & Marc, instead of making a great ad campaign of the fantastic collection, they did cheap tricks like this!

I cant even BELIEVE that second shot!!!.....Words escape me...
My thoughts EXACTLY! WTF!!! That is just uncalled for, did NOT want to see that, now im dreading opening my mag and seeing that on two pages, hell no!!!

The other shots are good though, i love the third one.^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->