Lanvin S/S 2021 : Paris Hilton & Sherry Shi by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

This is totally unexpected. How good! I've always had a soft spot for Paris. I like her. She ages beautifully and looks absolutely fantastic in this ad campaign. This hair suits her soooo well.

This is as good as her iconic VP cover. It would be fabulous if she goes along with that HF image just for 6 months. That has always been my frustration with her..

Fabulous and clever campaign. And judging by the video for their FW collection, they are playing the early 00´s game to the max!

My thoughts exactly. That “Rich Girl” soundtrack, complete with a special appearance from Eve, and now this, it seems that they are aiming to cash in on the early 00s nostalgia. Not sure if the move can give Bruno’s Lanvin an identifiable signature though, as I’m still struggling to find what are the attributes that one can strongly associate with the house’s design nowadays. Having said that, campaign-wise, this toned down, sophisticated take on what used to be one of 00s gaudy icons is a very inspired move.

My thoughts exactly. That “Rich Girl” soundtrack, complete with a special appearance from Eve, and now this, it seems that they are aiming to cash in on the early 00s nostalgia. Not sure if the move can give Bruno’s Lanvin an identifiable signature though, as I’m still struggling to find what are the attributes that one can strongly associate with the house’s design nowadays. Having said that, campaign-wise, this toned down, sophisticated take on what used to be one of 00s gaudy icons is a very inspired move.

It relates Lanvin to a certain idea of fun and hedonism. It’s very clever because Lanvin glorious recent era started in the early 00’s. Alber is an amazing designer so he managed to use that 20’s/30’s feel of Lanvin and modernize it.

Lanvin clothes used to be very recognizable but it’s not the case anymore so, it’s clever to attached the brand to a feel....

It’s the opposite of Versace actually and I find it clever...

Yes and yes! I think this is probably the best Paris has look in a campaign. That close-up shot makes me think she is definitely better than many working models today.

That bw coat image is very strong. It somehow reminds me of Givenchy, Bottega Venetta which I think is a very good direction for the brand. I think if they keep this up, Lanvin will have a great future ahead.

I’m happy for Sherry, but what’s the logic behind putting a random model next to Paris Hilton in a campaign?

The B+W Picture of Paris would be the perfect VOGUE PARIS cover. She looks so gorgeous and effortless.

Paris is definitely seeing a fashion resurgence. First Valentino, now Lanvin. Gigi, Bella, Paris, Lisa Rinna is somewhere seething and asking when it will be her daughters turn.
See I never understood why the daughters of Yolanda, one of the the least famous/iconic housewives, blew up the way they did unlike more popular Housewives' kids

See I never understood why the daughters of Yolanda, one of the the least famous/iconic housewives, blew up the way they did unlike more popular Housewives' kids
their dad is like a billionaire - his kids were gonna be set up no matter what. they just happened to be decent looking enough to slap in a designer bustier with chunky sneakers and call a model.

Pleasantly surprised by this! She looks great and this is fabulous but unpretentious.

I did not recognize Paris until reading the comments. She’s so chic.

Cancel culture stays being strangely selective.

Why? What has she done?
I see Kim's name is being mentioned in a few posts above. Makes me suspicious. These two would do anything for a headline even if it's from TMZ, and I mean annnnyyyything!

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw these shots. Paris is radiant and so elegant and I find this formula refreshing and hope that it will allow lanvin to boost their sales. Mert & Marcus we managed to transform her into a total chameleon it's in my opinion her best HF job Kim K could never

their dad is like a billionaire - his kids were gonna be set up no matter what. they just happened to be decent looking enough to slap in a designer bustier with chunky sneakers and call a model.

I especially think that the Hadid sisters as well as Kendall arrived in the industry at a very good time .... The rise of social media and they can thanks Cara Delevingne who opens the door for models to turn into social star. Lisa Rinna's daughters came to the party too late and honestly didn't contribute anything to the industry except making drastic (à la Bella Hadid) changes and working nonstop but they did. we seem to care a little more about filling out their Instagram feed than their portfolio. And not every one has a Kanye West or Carine Roitfeld backing them

Why? What has she done?
I see Kim's name is being mentioned in a few posts above. Makes me suspicious. These two would do anything for a headline even if it's from TMZ, and I mean annnnyyyything!
Paris seems more quiet now or at least its an impression

That could be it. And there’s nothing wrong with that, but when you pair a random model with such a big celebrity, it comes very close to tokenism unfortunately.

I see your point here and to push Sherry career they should have done some duo shoots with Paris to make us feel that is was not just for representation or appeal to a market.. would have been a good stratégy ..Sad that's a waste opportunity

I see your point here and to push Sherry career they should have done some duo shoots with Paris to make us feel that is was not just for representation or appeal to a market.. would have been a good stratégy ..Sad that's a waste opportunity

All the brands with a strong presence in China do this as a rule of thumb, casting an Asian model. 90% of all times said model is Chinese. I actually applaud it as forced as it may seem. Could it be more authentic? Certainly! But above all else, it shows how Chinese editors and consumers have leveraged their purchasing power over time. If you buy something you get to have a say in how it's being sold to you.

One of the biggest complaints Madame Wang had was that Alber's Lanvin wasn't established enough in China. As in, they didn't care for the brand. It was justified, and they've tried to correct it over the years. The new CEO, or interim CEO, is Chinese so it stands to reason that she may well succeed where others have failed in positioning the brand in front of consumers in her country.

I don't like the one shot of I've seen of Sherry. The styling is off, top doesn't go well with the skirt and while I like the hem length on Paris, it looks sloppy on Sherry. I suppose it's all on the photography.

Maybe Carlos should do less work with the 'edgy' photographers and do more with M&M!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->