Leonor Varela

From Jan. 2006 DETALLE (Chile:( cover and an article (in Spanish) about Leonor. My own scans - all new scans - never posted before - (several versions of some scans:(

The indie film Where God Left His Shoes, (director Salvatore Stabile, also dir. of Gravesend) with John Leguizamo & Leonor Varela, will be screened on a number of occasions at the up-coming Tribeca film festival (end of April - May '07), here in New York. Check it out here at the film's official site:
http://www.wheregodlefthisshoes.com/

Samantha Rose & David Castro are the children.
Pictures from http://www.wheregodlefthisshoes.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting...
in some shots she is stunning...
and in others i dont see the appeal at all...

thanks for all the photos...

adorefaith said:
interesting...
in some shots she is stunning...
and in others i dont see the appeal at all...

thanks for all the photos...

She's a beautiful woman (and a fine actress who deserves a big break) with a strikingly, singularly beautiful face - even in spite of, or, better still, bacause of the scar on her upper lip. But she is, for sure, very often fashion challanged, poor girl. Those things she's wearing in the DETALLE scans are pretty ghastly! Someone help her! In the right dress she's a goddess! Like here, in the red dress, at the NCLR awards, May 2006 (not repeats from a previous post:(

All above images are from www.leonor-varela.org/
Thanks to Mel (Melanie) for doing such a great job supporting Leonor at that site.

More of lovely Leonor, looking completely smashing in that red dress. (Anyone know the designer? MTIA for a name). All new posts, thanks to Mel at www.leonor-varela.org/

Leonor in the red dress, May 2006 NCLR awards - concluded. Thanks to Mel & Katja at www.leonor-varela.org/
Click on thumbnails for BIG pictures:

]

Wish I had HQs of all of the preceeding!
Also, check out all the details of one of Leonor's latest film projects Caleuche - El Llamado del mar here http://www.caleuchecine.cl/
It's a supernatural thriller set on an isolated island in the far south of Chile. Also starring Santiago Cabrera of US TV's Heros. Jorge Olguin is directing, Guillermo del Toro is the FX consultant, and Leonor Varela herself is the executive producer.

Five HQs of lovely Leonor (click on thumbnails for BIG pix) arriving at the premiere of Where God Left His Shoes, (in which she stars, along with John Leguizamo) at the Treibeca Film festival here in New York, Fri, 27 April '07. Let's hope the film is a hit and goes into general distribution. This girl deserves a break.

Pix from Celebrity City
Check out Where God Left His Shoes here: http://www.wheregodlefthisshoes.com/

yeah she really is stunning and hot at the same time. i first noticed her while watching Americano with Joshua Jackson. Today i watched Cleopatra and remembered her. she is just perfection in Cleopatra like goddess!i would love to see one of her french movies.

She is really beautiful. Is Americano any good?

It's a romantic comedy. Think Notting Hill, maybe - only transferred to Pamplona, Spain, during the running of the bulls. Leonor & Joshua Jackson go well together. Too bad it didn't get very wide distribution here in the USA. Allegedly Tom Cruise did all he could to keep the film out of cinemas here. Seems Tom is out to get Joshua Jackson for having dissed Scientology as well as his (Tom's) marriage to Katie Holms, Joshua Jackson's former co-star from Dawson's Creek. I personally don't know what the truth is. It could be all Hollywood gossip BS. But if you can find the DVD catch Voces Inocentes (Innocent Voices). It's Leonor's best thing to date: a harrowing story of a single mom and her three kids during the Salvadoran civil war twenty years ago.

Thanks so much for the info^

Do you have any of Joshua Jackson's quotes about Scientology...I had never heard that.

I will definately have to rent Innocent Voices, it sounds really good :flower:

Thanks so much for the info^

Do you have any of Joshua Jackson's quotes about Scientology...I had never heard that.

I will definately have to rent Innocent Voices, it sounds really good :flower:

I have no direct quote on scientology. It's one of thoese "he said he said" types of things, that I read somewhere else - can't remember where now. Sorry. As far as the marriage goes it seems he said something like: what's a nice girl like that doing marrying a nut like that? It's just too bad Leonor got caught in the crossfire. This girl just can't get a break!

Premiere Of "Where God Left His Shoes" At The 2007 Tribeca Film Festival

POM Tea Hosts Byron Williams Salon Opening
Aida Bernal and Leonor Varela

getty

You can search for more pictures on Gettyimages.com, there are many pages full of Leonor's pics. She's adorable! i wonder what movies is she doing right now. I hope to see one as big as Cleopatra again!

She is gorgeous, my first impression was a mix between Sophia Bush & Penelope Cruz :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gal4dior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->