Linea

raijin

Reaction score
Heres a thread for Linea pictures, I know some people in the Dior Homme thread requested them.

I will post S/S 05 pictures when I get them.

Let me say some details about the Linea asethetic that I have gleaned from runner. Its based on a modular system of 3 x 3.
White,Black,Grey colors and Light, Medium, Heavy clothing.
The clothing is supposed to be like a 2nd skin, most of it fits tighter than DH.
Every piece has a minimum of sewing,seam,etc for a new minimalism.

White Salted Leather Coat.. a truly amazing piece.
127510.jpg

Leather Jacket (I believe its laser cut)
127513.jpg

The pants have this texture up close resulting from a special blend of fabrics. I believe this to be a kind of trademark of Linea,
The pants themselves have a simple design but the unique fabric is really a stand-out.

128200.jpg

more pictures to come in a moment.

raijin said:
Heres a thread for Linea pictures, I know some people in the Dior Homme thread requested them.

I will post S/S 05 pictures when I get them.

Let me say some details about the Linea asethetic that I have gleaned from runner. Its based on a modular system of 3 x 3.
White,Black,Grey colors and Light, Medium, Heavy clothing.
The clothing is supposed to be like a 2nd skin, most of it fits tighter than DH.
Every piece has a minimum of sewing,seam,etc for a new minimalism.

White Salted Leather Coat.. a truly amazing piece.
127510.jpg
I have to say that this looks more like a costume. Would you ever wear this yourself Raijin? I like DH because it's wearable and masculine. This is a bit too feminine according to my personal taste.

I would defintely wear it myself.
Linea pieces seem all very wearable to me, maybe with the exception of that jacket.
Especially Lmaltieri pieces tend to be extremely so.

Hedi has a bit of costume in some of his earlier works.
Remember the napolean jacket and kimono outfits?

I agree that it is more masculine though.

For the time being there are more pictures at:

www.lift-net.co.jp/fla.html

--> collections --> Linea

S/S 05 pics coming soon.

One thing I really love is the unique fabrics, as mentioned before.
Trio is a Leather,Linen,Cotton blend.
And the above zoom-in of the pants is wool,cotton, and nylon

basilmus said:
I like DH because it's wearable and masculine. This is a bit too feminine according to my personal taste.

2nd. I'm not denying that the white jacket is a piece of the most impeccable craftsmanship....but I dunno, for some reason it just has a "look, but don't touch" vibe to it, to me at least. The most wearable of the Continues pieces to me is probably the leather shirt, that item is classic.

I completely understand your views.
Its not a look for everyone.

On a side note: Fade to Black, a buyer friend of mine told me that someone he knows at Helmut Lang said the jackets will be cut shorter and a bit tighter from now on. I guess this is good news.

I think the white jacket is really beautiful, but I agree that it'd be quite a daring piece to actually wear in public. As for the other stuff, it's clearly nice, but looks quite ordinary in pictures and needs to be seen in person. And since I've never seen it in person, I really can't form much of an opinion of it.

I'd wear it all, yeah. I admit I would probably wear anything if I thought it suitably amusing but that stuff I think is genuinely wearable...

The coat is very beautiful indeed, I tried on the black version in japan.. perfect fit.
Unfortuantely, Linea is removing leather from its line-up next season.
However, these kinds of jackets will still be available in made to measure form from Sartoria.

I heard that Sartoria is opening a studio in Tokyo (if this is not true, correct me - runner) It will be interesting to see this 'digital hand-stitch' up close. so I think in 2-3 years I will get myself a Sartoria piece.
Time to start saving.

Well,I just love that black coat. However,the general style is a bit too nomadic for my taste.

where is runner???

i saw that blk coat in paris at colette and it is to DIE for...
it's simplicity is part of its beauty...many people don't appreciate how diffficult it is to pare things down to the very minimum without losing the aesthetic...it's a real art form...

and i love how androgynous all the pieces are...in fact...i would not hesitate to wear that white coat if i had it in my wardrobe...it happens that i have a wht lthr 3/4 coat from paul smith...but it's not even in the same league as that one...it reminds me of a bohemian version of this dior couture... :heart:

Attachments

• diorcouture99.jpg
    diorcouture99.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 31
:cry:
If i had the money I would run to paris and buy it. :lol:

Hopefully Sartoria can make any designs of seasons past that you want.

I think the hem of the white leather coat is horrendous, but apart from that I find it really gorgeous, it's very minimal as you said. I like the treatments and the material blends, it's all very original, and quite wearable. I myself would wear that jacket, but I don't think it's for everyone. I love what I've seen so far, very aesthetic.

I find the hem to be one of nicest details of the coat...
The wrinkled leather is truly spectacular.

Maybe I have a different outlook from other people because the processes and craftsmanship behind the items fascinates me as much as the items themselves.

Im not sure wether it is a good or bad thing that Linea is sold next to nowhere.
But since they forever eschew expansion, the quality will still stay amazing.
Im told that even A's stock is not particuiarily good.

Hopefully I'll have S/S 05 pictures to post soon.

I find the craftmanship fascinating too, but I dont like the ripped look, it has nothing to do with the craftmanship, it has to do with what you like or dislike.

i may be mistaken...but i don't think the hem is 'ripped'...i think it is the natural shape of the skin...hence the 'raw' feel...and i agree that it is the best bit for me... :heart:

You're right, softgrey:flower:, but please do note the fact that I did add the word "look" behind "ripped" meaning that it looked ripped. But you are right, it is the natural form the leather takes. As raijin said, it involves minimal stitching, I usually love the idea, but on the jacket I find the hem rather unattractive.

Actually, it doesn't even looked ripped at all, just looks totally bare and natural, raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->