London vintage / secondhand shopping

buddleja

Reaction score
Im going to London next sunday, what are the best places to shop there..for vintage, second hand, trift...and would be with reasonable prices... less than £40... or so...for simple pieces, jackets and coats can be over that also.

Yay! Vintage in London....my fave topic! :D

A good place to start is Brick Lane in East End. There are quite a few vintage stores on Cheshire street which is off Brick Lane. The main one being Beyond Retro which is a massive warehouse full of cheap vintage clothes. You can get jeans for £5, dresses for £10.
There's another vintage cave on Sclater street which is really dingey looking but is full off vintage bargains.
Then there's Rokit on Brick Lane which sells vintage in an organised and accessible way. Very reasonable prices. There are branches in Camden Town and Covent Garden. The cheapest one is the one in Camden I find.
If you walk along Brick Lane, you'll find quite a few vintage stores all selling cheap-ish vintage stuff. On Sundays, you get Brick Lane market which is like a flea market and you can get SERIOUS bargains (I got a leather handbag for 50p once!)
On Hanbury Street, you have Absolute Vintage which sells the BIGGEST selection of vintage shoes you can imagine all colour organised. They also have a selection of vintage Burberry trenches all under £50. Oh and their cashmere selection is wicked too.
On Sundays, you get UpMarket near Dray Walk and Spitalfields market which has a few vintage stalls - all great for rummaging.

If you haven't spent your whole day around the Brick Lane area, then I would head over the Camden Stables Market where there are a ton of vintage clothing stores. It's a bit of a maze here, but it's great fun going around looking for stuff.

Don't forget to check out Steinberg and Tolkien!!! They have amazing stuff! A little pricey, but great pieces!

Steinberg and Tolkien193 Kings Road, SW3 5ED

candicec

susie_bubble said:
Yay! Vintage in London....my fave topic! :D

A On Sundays, you get Brick Lane market which is like a flea market and you can get SERIOUS bargains (I got a leather handbag for 50p once!)

What time is the market there??

steinberg + tolkien :heart:
brick lane as susie said . . one of my absolute fav. places to shop !
& petticoat lane . .
+ all the markets mentioned :wink:

rokit...is that the one on mercer st in camden?...

i got some great stuff there and the owner was SO COOL...
he gave me all the dirt on who shops there and for what...

ie-designers...stylists...etc...

i don't think there's a mercer strt in camden ?! :unsure:
rokit in camden is on the high street ! :wink:

oh sorry...i meant covent garden...ooops!!...:blush:...
there is a mens' and women's vintage store there...it's a tiny street...
not far from poste mistress in covent garden...

^Yeah, I kno which one you're talking about. That's the biggest Rokit of the three stores.

:lol: soft you have me so confused ?!
b/c rokit in covent garden is on shelton street !
. . . are you sure it was a mercer st. b/c i don't know of one . . :shifty:

yes strawb ! ^_^
it's a mecca :heart: & i'm sure you'd love it !

maybe it's not rokit then?...cause it's def mercer st...

i know i told meg about it and she found it...:D

Yeh...Chanel's right....Rokit is on Shelton Street. But do you kno what IS on Mercer Street....a vintage store split into two shops of menswear and womenswear. I'm not sure what it's called....Retro something....but it's cheaper than Rokit and the Japanese ladies who own the place are really nice. Mercer Street is just off Long Acre.

Strawberry - Beyond Retro is amazing. So many stylists go there and rummage.

Edit: Just looked it up...it's called Wow Retro. Very cool store.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's the place!!...

i don't think the japanese girls own it susie...
i spoke to the owner...older guy...
and all his staff are japanese...
:wink:

he used to be in camden until it all changed to rave and techno stuff...
apparently it's a family business...
they have a huge warehouse somewhere full of boxes off stuff...
and they pull stuff out when it becomes 'trendy'...

a few more brick lane places to check out . . ;
junky styling
the laden showroom :heart:
planet vintage

& petticoat lane markt
is evryday frm 10 - 2.30 . . i think !
+ you should try portobello markt too !

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh...I think I kno who you mean...I was wondering why there was this old guy speaking Japanese to his staff. I only found this place a few months ago when I was styling my uni magazine's fashion shoots.

Chanel - I LOVE Junky Styling....the way they recycle clothes is amazing!

I remember I started a thread on this a while back, theres lots of info there to. Just do a search :flower:

yeah...i basically found it because i made a wrong turn trying to take a shortcut away from the crowds in covent garden...

:lol:

but it turned out to be very cool...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->