Louis Vuitton S/S 2015 Paris

helmut.newton

Reaction score
First Look! :woot::woot::woot:

sqlf1z.jpg

instagram/irreverence

That one look with the velvet bikini/bra with the matching trousers was so damn badass. I loved it.

Nothing even remotely new in this collection, pretty safe and dull, im actually starting to think that Nicolas isnt fit for Vuitton at all, where's the WOW factor he used to have? i mean, he now has a bigger budget to be wild and this is what he comes up with?...NO BOO, NO!...

Easily the best of PFW SS15. The new monogram in red letterings instead of the usual beige letterings are TDF.

And that's the way how retro is supposed to be done... *cough*saint laurent*cough*

Enjoyed it. No gimmicks, pseudo social commentary, stunt casting like at the other shows. Guessing the opening screen intro was for/about the new building? Collection felt cool, fresh and wearable. Didn't care much for those velvet pieces though.

i'm a bit disappointed, with that amazing decor i was expecting something more than this. It was a nice collection anyway, just not what i was expecting..

Last edited by a moderator:
The building is really cool. Looks like a space ship landed in the Parisian park...

When it comes to the clothes I'm kind of split. I'm not sure if this collection is better than his first one. The shiny striped dresses are not very appealing. The hairy white vests under the black jackets? And ugh, the printed velvet pieces! Not something I'd like to see from the worlds biggest luxury house. He tried embroidery, but it doesn't really look good, does it?
The bags are fine and have a cool design and there's some really flattering pieces here and there, and an overall feeling of wearability, which sometimes is forgotten in fashion.

Im dissapointed honestly, am I the only who expected more from Nicolas? I used to look forward to his Balenciaga shows before, because they always felt new and exciting. This just looks lazy.

The bags were better than the clothes. The clothes haven't evolved enough compared to his previous collection imo.

Sooo disappointed!! Nicholas used to be so creative and full of surprises! This was just really naff! There was no rhythm in the show, from the styling, set design, lightening to the horrible casting (although it's always nice to Lia and Freja)! I hope he'll put more effort to his next collection for the house and it will be much better! You can do MUUUCH better Nicholas! :P

Velour pants, every woman's nightmare! I see a lot of late nineties influences. I think the show is too long and the collection is badly edited. A lot of it is simply fugly and way too commercial. Yeah, disappointed.

I really loved those ruffled/embroidered pieces that looked striped (like the ones that opened the show) and I strangely dug those velour outfits but like everyone was saying it's just too similar to the fall collection to really blow you out of the water (which I almost alway expect from Nicolas). Even resort was a departure from his first show, maybe he's just sticking to this formula again after all the covers he's been getting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->