Lourdes Leon, madonna's daughter's fashion blog?

It's sad that 1980s fashion is still so strongly relevant these days. I don't hate 1980s fashion, in fact I like a lot of the references from that decade, but to literally transfer it into 2010 is irritating and daunting. It would be REALLY good to just drop it and focus on the future.
In my eyes Madonna was only a fashion icon in the 80s. She's just redoing it.

Seriously, this is exactly how me and most of my friends would have sounded at 13. Most 13 year old girls skip the grammar etc because it's 'cool' (or something). Lourdes just has the chance to broadcast it to the world.

I've been thinking, why does this kid have to be releasing a line of anything? Cant she just be a normal child without spruiking another money-maker for Madonna...? If I were Lourdes's parents, I'd be protective, keep my children out of the limelight and have them focus on school - try to provide them with as normal a life as possible. A lot of children of celebs grow up pretty messed up, and seeing Madonna has been so fame hungry and provocative over the years (and then desperately maniacally controlling of her kids), it's going to be some tough teenage years for Lourdes.

As much as I find Posh & Beck to be irritating, not even they are allowing their children to be doing anything like this. In fact, I dont even really know what those kids look like....

Are we seriously picking on a 13 year old? I admit, she seems annoying and needs to learn proper grammar but jeez.

Online Lola

As you know, Madonna’s daughter Lourdes who goes by Lola is the inspiration behind Madonna’s new clothing line for teens called Material Girl. In support of the launch, Lola is now blogging on the collection’s official site, her first entry posted this week. Click here to read in its entirety. These are my favourite parts:

“Helluuur thurrrr, I’m Lola and this is my first blog entry so it’s kind of like ummmm….
I’m just going to use this blog entry to tell y’all a little bit about myself. I’m 13 and I’ll be 14 in October, so I can’t wait for that because I am FINALLY allowed to dye my hair… THANK YOU MOTHER!!”

Mother!!!

Please. It’s amazing. And this:

“Music wise My Chemical Romance is THE BEST BAND EVER for realzzzz. They are so awesome it hurts. If you don’t know who they are just… go away OR download their songs.”

Lola goes on to ask about rompers and while she’s certainly not directing her question to an old b*tch like me, I do LOVE rompers which probably means they shouldn’t. Also, if you’re still wearing gladiator sandals, Lola thinks you’re a loser:

“OK but no joke gladiator sandals are OUT. They came out in summer 2008 and I was like, ok those are really cute. Then 2009 comes around and people are still wearing them so I’m like, ok whatever it’s just a phase. BUT NOOOOO. Because good old 2010 is now coming along and people are STILL wearing them, and then I was just like OK NO! It’s been three years people COME ON!!!!!!!!! I’m just like what????”

She does have a point, right?

And this is how Lola signs off:

“Ok so I think that is sufficient for my first blog entry and what do you know, it wasn’t all like “ummmmm”. I look forward to writing my second one. Stay tuned if you don’t already think I’m annoying.”

Of course she’s annoying. She’s 13. That’s what they do. They annoy you. In that way, Lola then is pretty typical. Or seems pretty typical. Because of course Madonna would have had to approve this. And Madonna never approves anything without strategy. And that’s the Madonna mindf-ck of it all. Did she approve it because she wants us to think Lola’s typical? Or did she approve it because Lola is typical and she wants us to know? Is there a difference?

As for what the clothes look like – click here for a preview. Yes, obviously, her mother. I think that’s pretty cute.

http://www.laineygossip.com/Madonna..._fashion_line_30june10.aspx?CatID=0&CelID=100

and i'm like.... and then i'm like.... so i was just like....

god, don't tell me that she's not stupid cause she's just 13
i wasn't like that when i was 13, AT ALL
:yuk:

It's actually a relief that she sounds like every other 13 year old girl out there.

if that's what 13 yo girl supposed to sound like then i'm GLAD that i wasn't living in this year as a 13 yo, seriously...

First and foremost, I love gladiators, I brought 5 new pairs this season. I love them like I love my boot cut jeans, I hope they never go out of style. So pfft to you Lola!

Second, that child has had private school education from the womb, so its doubtful she speaks like that. She's just trying, way to hard if you ask me, to fit in with the lingo of today's cool youth. Three things that bothered me: her use of realzzz, helluuur thurrrr, who is she Madea? And giving fashion advice, is she serious? Those sketches are not exactly groundbreaking, I have seen those pieces all summer at Forever21, Nordstrom, Charlotte Russe, etc. Btw, the lace frilly skirt is so last year! If Madonna and child had a better sense of style, I would take them more seriously. Really, 80's fashion as inspiration? Ewww.

I'm also quite surprised at Madge, she is allowing her daughter into a hornets nest of judgment. Her kids can't watch TV, which I call shenanigans on, but she's letting her design and blog about it?

^^^^ uh oh you bought gladiators....this season??? call the fashion police they are 'sooooooo' out:innocent: Just joking:lol::flower:

I am not really relieved, that she speaks like this. I would much prefer her to speak in structured sentences at the level a 13 year old should. I know lots of lovely 13 year old girls and whilst yes they can be annoying, they can also spell at the level one should when they have been in school for 7 years.

:rofl:

I don't even believe it's Lola that writes those blog entries. No way does a girl that goes to a British private school write like that. I'm sure there's someone else behind all this, especially since it's just a promotional thing.
For some reason I always had the impression Madge didn't want her kids to become some random hipsters, so I find it hard to believe she would support that snobby behaviour in her daughter. But who knows. The blog is hilarious nonetheless.

I'm a little surprise if in fact Madonna allowed Lourdes to blog publicly. She's very protective of her children.

Lourdes is young and she could have any fashion clothes she wants. About the grammar... I think it's a new-chat-texting way of writing on the web (as teen are use to). She's probably too young IMO to have a clothes line... but I don't think it's Lourdes who take decision (Mother is). She's just the image of the line (Marketing Queen is behind).

Her clothes are made for teenage girls (or nostalgic 80s Madonna look). Those clothes are out (military jacket with leggings was IN from 2006-2007... Does Lola are aloud to look at fashion magazines???)

And I still find Gladiator sandals cool... even if it's Out (anyway... I don't really mind about what's in and out).

Clearly her brain left with her mono-brow, if gladiator sandals came out in "summer 2008" and "because good old 2010 is now coming along" how can people have been wearing them for three years?

Consider what a large percentage of her life that is :wink:

I´m not shocked by the grammar only . Since when Lola is for Lourdes? It is for Dolores, for f*cks sake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"