Makeup and Eyelashes

karen k

Reaction score
I know I have tons of questions. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my eyelashes. I use neutrogena mascara and I lash separator after but it seems that my eyelashes always stick together even when I do separate what can I do about this?

Originally posted by karen k@Oct 18th, 2003 - 4:41 pm
I know I have tons of questions. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my eyelashes. I use neutrogena mascara and I lash separator after but it seems that my eyelashes always stick together even when I do separate what can I do about this?
If I were you, I'd switch mascaras...either that, or maybe your mascara is expired.

Okay Elle, what do you suggest I use? Which do you think is the best?

my favorite is my estee lauder mascaras but trish mcevoy is also good

I've heard raves about bourgois mascaras-havent tried them yet though!

maybe is the brush... Why dont you visit a Dior counter, if money isnt the problem, and try LongOptic, its brush separates and elongates your lashes... also Fascination, which its a freestyle mascara, cause you can separate, and you can also make your lashes look bushy, depending on how much you apply...OR, Dior Show! their new one, which is fantastic!

if you want a cheaper one, try mabelline full and soft and a metal eye lash comb

This is my recommendation... First of alll use some vaseline at night for example. That will make your lashes soft and will nourish them.
Then before you apply mascara curl them with an eyelash curler, I personally recommend Shu Uemura's curler.
Then as a mascara, the best for me are Lancome's especially Definicils or Flextencils (the last one curls and lengthens them) and what is very important, comb them after you apply the mascara to separate them, remove clumps and put them in place. For this, the best comb there is is Tweezerman's comb. Check it out on their website. It's a tool used by all pro's and it will last you for the rest of your life.
If you want a cheaper mascara, try L'Oreal Double Extend. One one side it has a primer to make the lashes longer and hold the curl and the other side is a mascara which makes the lashes very very intense. They look almost fake B) .

HTH,

Sofia

hey ribes! thanks for the suggestions. i wanted to know where could i find a Shu Uemura's curler? also, i just put the vaseline on my eyelashes and it will soften them up? i also read i should use a metal eyelash seperater, any clue of where i could find one? thanks so much!! :wink:

Originally posted by karen k@Oct 29th, 2003 - 2:31 pm
hey ribes! thanks for the suggestions. i wanted to know where could i find a Shu Uemura's curler? also, i just put the vaseline on my eyelashes and it will soften them up? i also read i should use a metal eyelash seperater, any clue of where i could find one? thanks so much!! :wink:
try sephora for the shu curler- its great i highly recomand it!

you can also purchase these items online :arrow: here

and the tweezerman comb :arrow: here

my favourite mascara right now is LAURA MERCIER composition mascara.

i used to have problems with my lashes in the past. they used to fall out when i cleansed my eyes.

I've been using TALIKA nourishing gel for over a year now (on and off). its a brilliant treatment which has been on th emarket for at least since my mom was a teen.
... and it really really works. my lashes are strong, visible and most importantly DONT fall out anymore :flower:

so i think the first step is to buy a new mascara :wink:

The vaseline will nourish your lashes making them softer and it should make them easier to curl.
As for the separator, it's the tweezerman's comb I was talking about.

Sofia

HEY THANKS RIBES. I WILL DEFINATELY TRY THE VASELINE THING.

I still havent found that miracle mascara that doesnt stick my lashes together.

My TWEEZERMAN comb is still my lashes' best friend! :flower:

lashes need extra care.
i just bought TALIKA eye makeup remover. i can just feel how soft it is to my eyes :blush: ....

its OIL FREE and works with silk proteins

I love Maybelline's Lash Discovery w/ the mini brush for day (it really gets in there and brings out those itty bitty lashes w/out sticking them together) and for night I love Benefit's new Bad Gal lash . . . so glam!

I think lancome has the best mascaras. Structured bristles with great application no matter your eyelash length.

I used to have a clump problem too, but I've solved it! I curl my lashes first (shu curler) and then use Chanel Drama Lashes mascara. I was unsure of it at first, but this is one of the best mascaras. Then I just run a eyelash comb over any little clumps that might be there. Trust me on this- my sister who refused to even touch her eyelashes with mascara has been trying to steal my mascara every time I leave my purse or make-up trunk around!

Has anyone tried Castor Oil on their eyelashes to make them longer? I was just wondering how to apply it to my lashes? Should I just dab the TIPS of the eyelashes or get a bit on the roots as well? Thanks for your help :P

Originally posted by BitterSweet@Nov 30 2004, 09:57 AM
Has anyone tried Castor Oil on their eyelashes to make them longer? I was just wondering how to apply it to my lashes? Should I just dab the TIPS of the eyelashes or get a bit on the roots as well? Thanks for your help :P
[snapback]444519[/snapback]​

Just get fake ones from the grocery store. That's hot.

i use shu uemura lash repair which is a conditioning lash treatment

you can also try malava or Talika lipocils

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->