Makeup dont's that you do!

:shock: OMG, how do you curl your eyelashes with a knife? i mean, wouldnt they be snipped off or something?!:blink:
sounds scary but I know how to use it right:lol:. U put the big finger under the lashes and then somewhat press on it with a knife. No, they wouldn't. Of course I do not use such scary knifes that are used for cooking. It should be blunt

draw my eyebrows too dark - (not too thin though)

and even though I usually only wear dipliner on top of my eye, I sometimes also wear eyeliner under ;[

oh, and matte. I know I said it before, but sometimes I like to be so matte that I look dead.

I'm amazed at what some people have heard are 'makeup no-no's'... things like wearing "80's blusher" or whether to wear mascara on the bottom lashes - most of those things are down to preference, not rule of thumb.

Most hygiene rules are there for a reason though - pumping mascara (I really don't know why you'd need to pump your mascara) curling lashes after mascara, and throwing away makeup past it's shelf life are all based on common sense.

Wear what makes you look good, it doesn't matter how you apply it usually. There's nothing wrong with wearing concealer as lipstick, and there's nothing wrong with using lipstick as blusher. It's for each person to find out what they like.

I'm not guilty of any makeup don'ts - I wear makeup the way I want to, but still follow basic hygiene.

no matter the effort i always end up with darker foundation on my face than my natural one on my neck..i've always used the palest shade of many lines but they're never as fair...although i'm starting to see a cure after modelbehaviour's rant about revlon colorstay foundation in the makeup thread so thank you thank you thank you!:flower:

I love wearing eyeliner even though I have darker skin around my eyes...
I wear both black eyeliner and a bold lipstick, even though I've always been told that you should only do one or the other-it's inspired by Eva Green's heavy eyes and lipstick.

I don't wear any lip pencil and I use only clear lipglosses and sometimes my lips seems to desappear..I don't have full lips and not using the pencil dosen't help.
I don't use any foundation I just apply mosturizer , bronzer or powder.

I have been going paler with my powder lately and it looks really nice on me, despite being paler than my skin tone.

I curl my lashes after mascara - ALWAYS.
The curl never holds after I've loaded my lashes with mascara, I guess it's the moisture; I've had some scary times where I haven't waited long enough for my mascara to dry, so my lashes have stuck to the lash-curler. I still do it, though.

Lately I've taken to using a brown eyebrow pencil as a lipliner. If I blend it well enough, I think it actually looks pretty darn sexy.^_^

I do that to at times. Usually when I'm too drunk to even make it to my bed.

That happens to me all the time, specially when i go out and put on a lot of make up i just crawl to my bed when i get home and last thing i can think of is to clean my face, aaand i wear waterproof mascara so by morning my upper and lower lashes are almost glued together.:doh:

I match my eyeshadow with what I'm wearing. I just found out that this is supposed to be a don't but I honestly can't say I care since its too much fun - I don't see why its a don't to be honest. If I'm wearing green I'd like my eyeshadow to at least have more of a greenish tone and so on so forth.

I also use St. Ives religiously. I didn't realize it was supposed to be bad for me :ninja: I just love the way it feels.

i think that i broke every single rule about make up.
when it comes to make up, i am just cluless:blink:

I match my eyeshadow with what I'm wearing. I just found out that this is supposed to be a don't but I honestly can't say I care since its too much fun - I don't see why its a don't to be honest. If I'm wearing green I'd like my eyeshadow to at least have more of a greenish tone and so on so forth.

I also use St. Ives religiously. I didn't realize it was supposed to be bad for me :ninja: I just love the way it feels.

I do those too!! I think matching eyeshadow with what you're wearing looks awesome. And St Ives... I couldn't do without that scrub at least 4 times a week, my skin just doesn't feel as good without it!

All too often my foundation doesn't match my neck, and I know it, but I go out like that anyway, and hope nobody notices...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->