Makeup Brushes

I do think that face brushes are harder to make than eye brushes, and I think you have to invest (a lot) in face brushes.

yeah, i have about a million **** face brushes that i can't tolerate using and about a million **** eye brushes that i can.

I got my first face brush in this store called Sasa, surprisingly cheap and it's been with me for a few years. It's so soft, I once told my friends that it was a "gift from God" - :lol: I just want a new one because the brush is white... I want an all black collection.

31hHrkUh14L._AA200_.jpg

amazon

do any of you know what the elf brushes are made of? i know the studio line brushes are taklon, but what about just the regular line? i tried googling it and it doesn't say on their website :(

do you guys wash your brushes every time you've used them?

do any of you know what the elf brushes are made of? i know the studio line brushes are taklon, but what about just the regular line? i tried googling it and it doesn't say on their website :(
I haven't got the slightest clue :blush:

^ haha its seems as if now one does! I mean, it doesn't really matter, I was just curious to know if they're natural or synthetic...I have the blending brush (which by the way looks nothing like the one on the website :innocent:) and it seems as though it could be natural, but I'm just not sure. It works really well though...I tried it for the first time today to apply concealer and I was SO happy with the results. I definitely need to get more!

i've been attempting to wash them at least once a week recently.
before, they'd be lucky if i washed them period :[ i was a bad girl.

So I had been planning on getting a MAC 187 for a while now, but yesterday I was just wandering around Target and stumbled across this brand called Studio Tools. I don't know if any of you have used them, but I had never even heard of it. Anyway, they had a dupe of the 187 so I decided to get it since it was only $6.99! I tried it to apply liquid foundation & I was really happy with the results! I've tried the 187 before & have to say, this brush is very comparable. This brush is amazing, especially considering that it's only about 1/6 the price of the MAC.

have any of tried the 109 MAC brush??? how is it? im considering buying it but wanted feedback on it first...also are there any good dupes of it that are a fraction of the price?

I received a lot of make-up for Christmas and I need brushes, because earlier I only used mascara, lip gloss and foundation and now I have tons of different glosses, eye shadows, bronzers, etc.
Can someone please tell me what are the basic brushes you need? The size and stuff. Pics would be great. I am going shopping tomorrow.

^ I can't wait til someone gets back to you on tha, Ievut. :flower:

For a friend's birthday, I bought the Ecotools brand from Ulta. They were a lot cheaper, so I guess that's why I went stingy since she asked for 2. :P They are probably not as good of quality but I figured since Ulta carried them, they might work well.

n6w8iv.png

ulta.com

I received a lot of make-up for Christmas and I need brushes, because earlier I only used mascara, lip gloss and foundation and now I have tons of different glosses, eye shadows, bronzers, etc.
Can someone please tell me what are the basic brushes you need? The size and stuff. Pics would be great. I am going shopping tomorrow.
Here are some vids with some pretty good advice, I'd say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXq445MgdOU

Last edited by a moderator:
My mum got me the MAC 109 in the airport (please come home from Thailand soon...lol), and I might buy the 138 brush as well:

M7YR.jpg

maccosmetics.com

It's the most expensive brush they have. It's $52 in the US which means it's about double the price in Denmark :doh:

^You should check out MakeupAlley for reviews! And maybe look up the most popular/reviewed brushes :D

Ievut, if you're new to the makeup brushes world, I would recommend Coastal Scents. If you want to go a step further without spending too much, you could try Sigma Makeup. Benefit also makes brushes, but I don't know if they're any good. I use Sigma brushes and I'm happy with them - they're a lot like MAC brushes, but way cheaper.

How much do Lancome make up brushes cost in your country guys?

I wanted to buy some(since we don't have MAC in our coutry so I wanted some good ones) but when I saw the prices,they were too much for my student budget.I think just a regular blending brush was like 36euros,which is like 50$.

An blending shadow brush from Lancome would coast around $27 in the US, though you could check out the manufactures website to see the typical price range for their products. But close to $50 for an blending brush sounds ridiculously expensive :shock: I'd hate to see one for an foundation or face brush.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yes,she showed me the one that is 27$ on that site.I know,it's really pricey,especially for standards in my country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->