Makeup Brushes

no, I can't because I live in Europe :smile: I can't seem to find a place to buy them, frustrating!

which ones do you have from chanel? they have 3 or 4 brushes for blush?

yes, they are really soft :D

Last edited by a moderator:
which blush brush do you like best? I see they offer 6:shock:

I would go for either the 20h angled brush or the 17 round brush, the others are either too small or too big for versatile application. Round is better if you mosly apply color to the apples of your cheeks while angled is better if you apply to the highest part of your cheekbones.

no, I can't because I live in Europe :smile: I can't seem to find a place to buy them, frustrating!

which ones do you have from chanel? they have 3 or 4 brushes for blush?

yes, they are really soft :D

Sorry, I didn't see your location! :doh:

I have the Le Pinceau Joues #7 Blush Brush and Le Contour #10 Contour Face Brush.

has anyone tried sigma brushes?
apparently theyre are very good quality cheap alternatives to mac, they even have comparisons to the 188 and 187.. which are coincidentally called the ss188 and ss187..
im thinking of asking for them for my birthday, as even though i live in the uk the postage and packaging isnt unreasonable as it is on certain other sites.. *cough* coastal scents*cough*
do you think £47.30 is a reasonable price for 12 brushes? it equals out at £3.94 per brush

Last edited by a moderator:
^Oh my, I was coming here to post about the Sigma professional kit. :D They are great - very similar to MAC brushes in shape and quality, but much much cheaper. I got my set last week - it took less than ten days to arrive. I totally recommend it.

do you live inside or outside of the uk? how well are they packaged? just that i dont want to end up with damaged brushes

which set did you get the complete one or one of the smaller ones ?
sorry for all the questions i just wantto make sure

^ Ask away. :flower: I live in Brazil, and shipping cost was US$ 14, if my mind serves me right. They are very well packaged, and yes, I got the complete set, the one with 12 brushes. I must say that the powder brush sheds a little, but it's nothing to be worried about. :smile:

i just really want a proper set of them, as the ones i have atm are a mix of cheap plasticish ones, paint brushes and theyre all just mix and match, i want my brushes to look nice in my room!

^ I know how you feel. But paint brushes are actually a good option to some of their makeup counterparts - I had two paint brushes doubling as concealer ones before I bought one from Coastal Scents. But it is indeed much better to have a proper set when you can afford it.

I got a couple of sigma brushes...I'm now thinking about ordering a full set. I got the ss239 which i love! The ss188 is just ok for me right now. Its fraying a bit. will wash and reshape again

ahh i'm glad others are buying the sigma set and are happy with it! i bought the full professional kit yesterday after a lot of uhmming and ahhing about spending a chunk of money - but i figured i may as well buy them all now, rather than one by one which would end up more expensive. hope i like them and get to grips with them okay - i'm definitely no brush expert

me too, i think iv decided, on the website theres a whole load of videos explaining how to use each one
ive worked out that buying a smaller set isnt even going to be much cheaper at £30 something so i mayaswell pay £10 extra and get the larger full set

very excited about ordering and recieving them!

So, how often do you guys wash or clean your brushes? And is it enough to just wash them with water + soap? Or should I simply buy a new one? :huh: Because I'm really not fond of using a (more or less) dirty brush on my skin...

I try to wash my brushes once a week. I like to use Cinema Secrets brush cleaner because it just makes it so easy, all I have to do is dip my brushes in the cleaner and then wipe them off. Plus they dry very quickly this way.

I've been dying to get a set of Shu brushes. Most of my brushes right now are MAC and while I like them a great deal I think that some of the older ones could be replaced. I recently got a great brush for the crease from Laura Mercier and have branched out with some Nars brushes as well.

What do you guys recommend for beginners, in terms of buying brushes? I usually just wear mascara and eyeliner on a day to day basis, but have recently wanted to start experiementing more with different shadows and other eye lining products. So basically, I think I'm just looking for useful eye brushes. I don't wear blush, foundation, etc so I don't need any brushes for that. I checked out the Sigma brushes that a few were talking about here and saw that they have a kit just with eye brushes. Has anyone used this, how is it?

^If you want a good, lasting set, you should definitely go for the Sigma eye set. But if you want something cheaper just for starters, you should consider Coastal Scents.

What's the quality like on Lancome brushes? I'm really tempted by the Lancome blue brush set that Nordstrom has for their universe sale, mostly just because it's really cute...but I'm usually a MAC girl when it comes to brushes.

Me too I actually saw it today and got very tempted but I don't think the quality is good after touching the bristles they feel cheap.... not very soft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->