Mark Fast F/W 10.11 London

LolaSvelt

Reaction score
I love his use of plus-size models because it isn't patronising.

Mark+Fast+Runway+LFW+Autumn+Winter+2010+9a4PUvZEip8l.jpg
Mark+Fast+Runway+LFW+Autumn+Winter+2010+bC_ZZXhoWAnl.jpg
Mark+Fast+Runway+LFW+Autumn+Winter+2010+bCr5AlZTmBGl.jpg
Mark+Fast+Runway+LFW+Autumn+Winter+2010+CnF9Uimuhyll.jpg
Mark+Fast+Runway+LFW+Autumn+Winter+2010+QgN9FyV1ZAbl.jpg
Mark+Fast+Runway+LFW+Autumn+Winter+2010+SrWYnDOe3Lfl.jpg
Mark+Fast+Runway+LFW+Autumn+Winter+2010+pLwgHRgzJcml.jpg
Mark+Fast+Runway+LFW+Autumn+Winter+2010+GHg0UnJy00Yl.jpg

zimbio

im sry to say he did not do those models justice with this collection..well so far
idk if its the models, the photographer, or the clothes. Somethings not right here, I need to see more

Really hard to not to do model- or weight-talk in a thread like this, but I do have a question regarding both. Does Mark Fast do plus-size clothes as a rule or is it only his casting?

Intrigued with what's posted so far, though. Doesn't look very coherent at the moment, but I assume with more looks posted it'll make more sense.

Interesting. The clothes wouldn't be pretty on any size model, I think. But it looks particularly bad on these models because some of the fitting is just...distracting.

yeh I actually quite like Marks designs but I think hes trying to carry the hype on from last season (and you can already see the headlines) but it doesn't work if hes trying to make a name for himself as a good designer! Isn't that Amber Le Bon too?

the outfits on the plus size models are not falttering, 3 sizes too small.
WTF are they thinking?

a complete mess.

poor models, its not their fault, its the clothes

OMG this is absolutely horrible. I feel so embarrased for the models. But back to the collection..you can't even TELL what it looks like because it's so tight.

This is such a LAZY collection!!! They can't even walk, it's so tight. I don't get it, if a mix of sizes was his intention, then wouldn't it cross his mind to make clothes in different sizes, besides the samples needed for editorials, etc..

With such a stellar first collection, this guy is going downhill FAST.

Yo Mark, just because it stretches doesn't mean it's gonna fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very few clothes look better on plus size models, and his possibly look the worst. Stupid, attention-seeking move on his part, no one is even looking at the clothes, just how bad the clothes and models look in them..

GOD you're conservative!
I love everything about this, i would wear every single piece.

It's kinda ironic how first the models are too big, and then the dresses are too thight for the skinny models... how about every human being unique?

^^ There is nothing wrong with his choices in models. IT'S THE CLOTHES.

The body con dresses mostly look gross, on the skinny models as well as the 'plus' sized ones.
The draped capelets are adorable, and the rest of the draping is really nice.

Very few clothes look better on plus size models, and his possibly look the worst. Stupid, attention-seeking move on his part, no one is even looking at the clothes, just how bad the clothes and models look in them..

I'm not crazy about the collection, but to state that "very few clothes" looke better on a Crystal Renn figure is absurd and false.

I'm a fat girl too..but actually everyone knows fat girls in clothes,especially mark's knit, are diaster..I still prefer the traditional models

:lol::lol::lol::rofl: Ok so i didn't watch the whole video till now
and if you guys can get through it watch the front rows reaction to the collection, i just could not stop laughing...It seems like someone was trying CC Gareth Pugh and didnt succeed:lol::lol: the model at 2:49, i just felt so bad for her she tried so hard to make the dress work...ugh

There are some really beautiful clothes here and I became inspired with his extremely organic "I threw this fabric on and that is what I'm wearing today" drapery.
Though I have to agree - the body-con dresses do not look good on the bigger models. I'm disappointed that he doesn't create more flattering pieces.
Very nice collection, though.

the dresses look awful on the bigger models. nobody can deny it. i don't think this collection was as strong as the last

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->