MET Costume Institute Exhibition 2017: "Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons" red carpet

Where were Sarah Jessica Parker, Chloe Sevigny (she embodies the theme), Michelle Williams and Sienna Miller?

Favourites are Zoe Kravitz, Katy Perry, Claire Danes, Fei Sun Sun, Claire Foy, Felicity Jones, Rihanna, Ruth Negga, Julianne Moore, Mandy Moore, Sarah Paulson, Rami Malek, Andrea Riseborough, Lily Rose Depp, Lily James, Jessica Chastain and Isabelle Huppert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monica Bellucci and Valentino
6lcZ6iP.jpg

getty

The good is REALLY good. The bad is ugh. But, the makeup <3 I'm loving the risk takers!

I'm loving Solange & Rami.

Solange, one of the few who look like they are wearing a look, and the clothes aren't wearing her. So comfortable and confident!

Those not following the theme look so bland and out of place.

This year's gala is serving up the cheese, Gigi looking like a Drag Race contestant who's watched Dior S/S 2007 HC far too many times, Bella looking thirsty af in that cougaresque get up. Jemima Kirke seems to be chanelling her inner bag lady with her beauty look. Celine Dion's shoes are the worst. Blake Lively is in a level of tackyness of her own, not even 80's Cher would have worn that. Cara looks absolutely ridiculous. Lara Stone is lucky that it has become politically incorrect to body shame women, but her posture and that tacky dress aren't helping her cause. Nicki Minaj outfit should be thrown in a pit of fire. Period. Kendall Jenner and Stella Maxwell look like they took their dress inspiration from some cheap showgirl costumes but they got assaulted in their way to the gala, that swarovski thong on the former is something no one should've seen.

I liked Jennifer Connelly subtlety so far. I was expecting more from Stacy Martin but she's ladylike and chic in that Miu Miu. Rihanna lived up to the expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't like any of the looks:innocent:

But Lily Rose Depp is insanely beautiful, even if I don't like her dress.

Is that Franca Sozzani's son with Bee? I thought he was still dating Lana del Rey.

Anyway, a beautiful Mcqueen gown wasted on Bee again. She's not selling it to me.

That Carly Steel woman looks crazy in a good way. Loving it.

They are engaged.

Good lord Bella looks awful. And to see your ex and his new more famous girlfriend in that outfit, ouch.

Grateful to Rihanna and Katy for actually trying.

What happened to the days when fashion models were invited? Now it is only celebrity/VS models, besides Liu and Fei Fei, who look great as usual.

This night truly baffles me. Surely for this one night, you have access to pretty much any outfit you could want and you have Candice and Gisele competing to see who can look more basic and who cares less about being there. Most of the looks in this thread are an insult to Rei.

The Olsens look amazing. Cara at least looks unique and special.

i think Miranda looked amazing in that Oscar de la Renta dress (although shocked she wasn't in the LV squad?!)! i also loved Celine Dion and Rihanna! The lack of SJP and Chloe Sevigny is palpable... In their place are bland TV actresses who have no personal style beyond employing an 'it' stylist. overall i think it's been a pretty dull gala. The past few years the event has really grown in terms of mainstream attention, and it's like the energy has plateaued.

Did you guys really like Rihanna? I thought it was the most expected outfit of the night, it didn't surprise me one bit. I wish she went for something more understated from around the late 90s.

I think Solange ruled the night, along with Tracee Ellis Ross, Katy Perry, Caroline Kennedy and a few others. As always, the ones that embraced the theme saved the night.

Just read the entire thread.
About Celine & Cindy showing up with Donatella, I specified that it was only a rumor. I would be very excited if they all went together except for Kylie, but rumors are rumors, and that one wasn't true, although widely spread.
Kanye & Zayn didn't go, they both were invited but Kanye took care of his family & Zayn is in a wheelchair.
SJP, Michelle Williams were confirmed, don't know why they didn't go, but I would've loved to see both of their looks.
My biggest complaint apart from the repetitive "They aren't fitting the theme!!!" complaint is the lack of Asian people there, especially when honoring an Asian woman. Didn't see many apart from Liu & Fei Fei :(
A suspicion I have about this gala is the social media policy (which explains the famed MET bathroom selfies). Did they get rid of it this year? MANY designers, models & actors were filming & photographing the gala & posting it on Instagram and Snapchat. Weird.

After going through the whole thread, Sofia Sanchez de Betak and (to my surprise) Katy Perry are my favorites. 95% was a tacky mess as usual, Rei or no Rei theme.

Speaking of Rei, did anyone screencap her outfit on the livestream? Google came up with nothing.

Did you guys really like Rihanna? I thought it was the most expected outfit of the night, it didn't surprise me one bit.

You are living a high life my man. I have no idea how a CdG outfit can be checked as red carpet ready

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->