MET Costume Institute Gala 2018:"Heavenly Bodies: Fashion & the Catholic Imagination"

Discussion in 'Star Style' started by Armani, May 6, 2018.

1. Pricciao

Pricciao Well-Known Member

Just saw Elon Musk and Grimes photo. gagged and pulled out my throat. Too good to be true

2. marismm

marismm Member

Natalia V. also looks so good!

3. modelista

modelista Well-Known Member

Issa Rae

Joe Jonas

Adut Akech

Lena Dunham

Hailey Baldwin

Deepika Padukone

Adwoa Aboah

Yara Shahidi

Alek Wek

Anya Taylor

Cynthia Erivo

Kiersey Clemons

Diane Kruger

Mindy Kaling

Gabrielle Union

Andrew Garfield

Poppy Delevigne

Paris Jackson, Stella McCartney & Miley Cyrus

Ansel Elgort

Emily Ratajkowski

Jaden Smith

Cindy Crawford

Laura Harrier

Kate Upton

4. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

I have a soft spot for Grimes but she does have a few double standards and therefore makes total sense with garbage like Elon Musk..

Natalia and Alex looked great :heart:.. I thought Shailene and her ‘flight attendant of this Mars-bound aircraft’ getup was one of the worst but nah, she was just two years too late for the futuristic theme, the absolute worst for me was Selena Gomez.. I feel like in general it must be difficult to dress her and make her stand out because she doesn’t have anything physically remarkable going on and to keep putting her in these tragic creations by Coach (of all things) that literally look like a DIY project of old curtains or a pillow cover plus psychotic hair that’s supposed to drive attention immediately to the ethereal face she does not have, why...

Also secretly amused by how null that Emily girl becomes the moment she covers her boobs :lol:..

#304 MulletProof, May 8, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Aviar: May 8, 2018
  5. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Best
    Taylor Hill, The Gucci Squad and Christian Louboutin were realy fun and kitschy in all the right ways.
    Juliette's look was a little too 80's for my taste but it was wonderful.
    Anne Hatheway wearing my favorite Valentino dress even if totally out of theme.
    Kim K was perfect, on theme but not try-hard, same goes for JLo.
    I've grown tired of Zendaya but that dress is glorious either way, best dressed for me.
    Eiza Gonzalez giving me telenovela villain vibes mixed with Walter Mercado, so bad it's good.
    Andreea Diaconu looks was so expensive and chic.
    Diane Krueger, it's a bit too much for her height but it does make for quite a moment from behind.
    Rihanna as the Pope, obviously.
    Anna Wintour in that pristine silver look, the cross was in theme yet tasteful.

Nice try but...
    Imaam Hammam we've all seen Balenciaga single seam and chou dress and this is nowhere near that level of perfection.
    Blake Lively, her crotch is so distracting and I hate printed thights.
    Madonna looks like she Pretty in Pink'd her dress with some cheap table cloth, the idea is not bad but the execution is messy af plus her face looks so droopy with that veil.
    Ariana Grande too much highlighter and that headpiece looks like it belongs on a five year old bed. The dress would have looked cute in her otherwise.
    Cardi B is just too overwhelming, a sexy Virgin Mary look would have sufficed.
    Rooney Mara looking like a wax statue is not surpising but kind of sad considering I liked that Givenchy dress.
    Frances McDormand. It doesn't suit her but at least she had fun.

Worst
    Scarlett as a soccer mom in a fundraiser gala was particularly awful.
    The SL squad looking haggard in those sad glittery rags, no glamour.
    Lena Dunham looking like one of the ugly step sisters in an 80's remake of Cinderella.
    Kate Upton, that dress is too tacky even for her.
    Cara Delevingne looks lie she dyed her hair in her home's sink and that dress makes her look like a confessional booth.
    Sofia Coppola was carrying so much fabric on her small frame it made me uncomfortable.
    Chadwick Boseman's suit is wearing him, too much of everything and he looks like the Pope Mobile came to life.
    Greta Gerwig looks like a demented nun ala Nurse Ratchet.
    Lena Waithe, sorry but that's tacky, period.
    Shailene Woodley.

6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Source: Fashionweekdaily.com

7. LuellaLuella

LuellaLuella Active Member

Ok I know I’m coming in 6 months too late, but is anyone going to say ANYTHING about Ariana Grande?? Imo one of the best dressed. She went all out on the theme, the colours of her dress are breathtaking, her bronzed goddess skin goes perfectly, she’s not wearing a stupid ass halo but instead a gorgeous, soft and radiant bow, and LOOK AT HER NAILS DAMMIT. Plus her usual eyeliner only adds to it all. It’s not surprising she did well with the Met because she’s a Halloween fanatic and always rises to that occasion.