Model Casting S/S 10

^ Well I'd say it's more diverse than usual for YSL. Chanel Iman, Kelly Moreira, Liu Wen and Tao Okamoto vs. just Chanel & Tao last season (usually just Chanel though) is better. Not good enough but better than usual, for sure. I guess they're not the one the BI is about though.

YSL kinda makes me look at the cast twice it can be a bit random at times, for sure. And I'm not talking just new girls but also girls who aren't that visible during FW and then just pop up out of nowhere at YSL which is one of their only blue chip shows.

well I don't think adding 1 more black and 1 more asian model really lives up to the blind item.. although I guess it is a 100% increase in both LOL.. but if that is the blind item then that is jank lol

Oh guys you are giving me so interesting info, enjoying reading it!

You know, I'm really surprised that with all the fashion insiders we have here on tFS, we don't have some major casting scoops. I would think we'd have all the details on every major fashion house.

Well it's because casting/confirmations can be a very fluid process (Not to mention still secretive)...Even if it's not Prada, the final model selection may not solid until a show actually happens, so there is not much point in saying anything :smile:

(Plus if too much is given away, where would the feelings of surprise be?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I guess real insiders don't want to reveal too much information. But I'm not even talking about revealing stuff ahead of the time. I'd eat it up even after, lol. Like why a certain brand used so many new girls (established girls were unavailable, too expansive, it was intentional, etc). What exactly happened in that Fendi/Dolce fiasco.

I guess I need to become bffs with an insider, because I'm always so curious about all that. Not even like the negative stuff or the gossip, but just the process in general. Why this girl got cast. Why this girl wasn't. Why someone wasn't cast who's been always cast in the past? Why someone suddenly starts getting cast? I guess for those who're in that world it loses the mystique, etc.

ETA: Faith you want to be bffs? :wink:

(Plus if too much is given away, where would the feelings of surprise be?)
Talking about suprises... Miranda Kerr at Balenciaga was pretty suprising and unexpected.

Here is Wayne's take on things:

The ever camera ready Miranda Kerr nabbed a major moment at Balenciaga SS10, sending dedicated modelwatchers in a tizzy over her stealth appearance at the show. Because Ms Kerr was just as sleek as all the other girls in the cabine, untrained eyes had to search to discern the presence the signature VS beauty. But there she was, rocking one of the stand-out pieces of the collection, prompting TI to hazard a quick suss of the details of that great runway coup. Here is a taste of what Miss Kerr had to say... for the full story check MDC's Feed.

TI: How did you come on the radar for the Balenciaga SS10 Miranda?
MK: It was a total unexpected surprise when I was requested to meet with Nicolas and Marie Amelie for the runway casting. I wasn't planning on doing any shows and had confirmed booking with Victoria's Secret everyday. They were so kind to move things around so as I could make it to Paris for the fitting and the show.

theimagist.com

^^I guess the bottomline explanation is simply that for the most part (Unless your name is Balmain), everything is unpredictable. But I would also venture to say that unfortunately, the "negative stuff or the gossip" that you don't necessarily want to know about can usually serve as answers for many of your questions as well...the industry is still ultimately a business, and with business comes relationships/rivalries/etc. that can end up affecting something as simple as who gets to walk which show.

All in all maintaining the "mystique" is still a safer option than revealing the ugly truths :smile:

So all in all, McQueen had a very disappointing cast, imo. Did they spend all the money on high tech and had nothing left for the big names?

Who are Alexander McQueen's favorite models? I thought he just has a casting director like everyone else but he focuses more on the clothes than the casting process, imo.

I would say that Alice Gibb & Tara Gill walked his shows along with being in his campaigns.

Yeah, I guess real insiders don't want to reveal too much information. But I'm not even talking about revealing stuff ahead of the time. I'd eat it up even after, lol. Like why a certain brand used so many new girls (established girls were unavailable, too expansive, it was intentional, etc). What exactly happened in that Fendi/Dolce fiasco.

I guess I need to become bffs with an insider, because I'm always so curious about all that. Not even like the negative stuff or the gossip, but just the process in general. Why this girl got cast. Why this girl wasn't. Why someone wasn't cast who's been always cast in the past? Why someone suddenly starts getting cast? I guess for those who're in that world it loses the mystique, etc.

ETA: Faith you want to be bffs? :wink:

I've never understood that either. I mean, there are so many models out there that you'd think they'd just grab a bunch of comp cards and pick a few who somewhat aesthetically fit the brand and stop there.

Well sometimes the casting process can be a mystery to even the girls who are getting casted. I asked Sofi Berelidze once why she was always booked for Marc Jacobs (3 seasons in a row) and Louis Vuitton (ditto, and opened her 1st season) yet she never walked marc by marc jacobs.. she responded by saying something along the lines of "beats me, maybe you can tell me?"

I think the big show with the diverse cast is Kenzo. ^_^

^ it was Louis Vuitton! :D According to yaars, these ethnic girls walked the show:
Chanel Iman
Jeneil Williams
Liu Wen
Lyndsey Scott
Rose Cordero
Shena Moulton
Shu Pei
Tao Okamoto

5 black girls & 3 asians! :clap:

While LV's is impressive it seems like it's Kenzo...at the end they paraded out Shena, Hind, Gracie, Lyndsey, Adama, Kinee, Gaye, and had Kelly Moreira close :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->