Model Casting S/S 17

I said that in general. Not necessarily this season. ^
And diversity of looks doesn't apply to skin tones/race only.

Welcome to tFS.

I wonder how many non-white models you need to satisfy the "diversity" quota. Givenchy with at least 8, not enough. Dior with at least 10, not enough. Probably need a chart.

Givenchy was indeed a bit of a letdown. I mean, loved seeing Blanca Padilla and Joan is always lovely for the brand, as well as many of the usual Givenchy girls (Mariacarla, Lineisy, etc).

Still, I feel like this cast looked very much like the last season's cast.
I miss diversity in the sense of range of models. Just different types of girls instead of runway fillers.

Welcome to tFS.

I wonder how many non-white models you need to satisfy the "diversity" quota. Givenchy with at least 8, not enough. Dior with at least 10, not enough. Probably need a chart.

8/54 is weak. It's like doing the bare minimum and then patting yourself on the back for being so inclusive.
Models "of color" come in dozens of ethnicities. Having only 8 is nothing to be proud of.

Matilde Rastelli, last season's exclusive Givenchy opener and campaign girl who is currently in Paris was NOT at Givenchy.

What a sweetheart Riccardo is, huh?

^ 8 MOC in 54 looks is hardly something to be proud of, especially since Riccardo likes to see himself the paladin of the diversity.
Agree, but it's better than 0. I remember that one season where Chanel had a 90+ ensemble and I think only 1-2 MOC (or even 0). It's a pretty sad situation.

Not the biggest fan of hers but so glad Blanca walked Givenchy, that's really good for her :heart:

JESUS! Alek at Balenciaga has got to be my fave part this season (also liya at Prada) <333

I'm late to say this, but glad that Marland is seen once again on the runways, specifically Balenciaga. Been wondering where this girl gone... :wub:

I won't be surprised if Demna loves Marland so much, she walked two of Demna's shows last season in Paris, so that might explain why.

VS did wonders for Romee didn't it? She's literally everywhere this season! I've never thought she would book these big shows again. She looks great on the runway so it's good for her.

See, I'm so tired seeing her doing all the shows. Yes she has a nice body and her walk is decent but her face is just so extremely boring and bland. She does nothing for me. Probably doesn't help that her social media appearance is equally as boring.

Sacai's always on point, probably the only show where Michelle Lee gets it right. And wow at Hermes, can't believe how such a high end brand comes up with that kind of irrelevant cast, they need Ashley asap, hell, even Katie/Anita would bring some level excitement to the brand.

^ Michelle Lee/Karl Temper sure keep a solid fave list. If it's those two you know Alice Metza, Amanda Googe, Binx, Camile, Harleth, Jessie, Jing Wen, Julia Nobis, Kiki, Kirin Dejonckheere, Lexi, Lineisy, Lululeika, Marjan, Mica, Selena Forrest, and Yana Van Ginneken are going to be there. Which pretty much is a showlist in itself. All you have to do is throw in a Pavlova sister and few newbies and there you go.

Although I love Sacai, the casting could be a bit better.

Last edited by a moderator:
We won't be seeing Kendall Jenner no more, she left Paris after what happened to Kim.

^ Such great news! Thank you faux-police. ( obviously Im not condoning criminal behaviour, but apparently good things can happen from bad situations)

Oh dear. Felt bad for her too, but still. Anticlimax ending failed, at least for now...

Moving on to normal programming, it seems

Sacai's always on point, probably the only show where Michelle Lee gets it right.

Patrizia Pilotti cast Sacai this season. But you could easily see that Templer has the biggest say.

Romee & Sara are with Katie Grand so looks like Miu Miu will be Victoria's Secret Show 2.0

headless thumbnails in a miu miu collection's thread please

Who cast Hermes? Or they don't use any CD?

^ Maida Boina (you know, from Maida & Rami but then only Maida)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->