Models Who Have Lied About Their Age

^that is true about jaquelyn jablonski, some of her videos on fashiontv list her date of birth as April 1992 but recently they have been listing her birth year as 1991. Either way she's still amazingly beautiful. I remember the first Polaroids of her started circulating years back. The industry was going crazy over her polaroids!
Posted via Mobile Device

The Fashion Model Directory lists Miranda Kerr's birthday as 20th February, 83 but other resources claim April 20th.

It's either April or February. Before I think other resources used to list her b'day as Feb.

I believe that Agyness deyn and Anna Selezneva have lied about their age. However I'm not sure if its just their agencies trying to make them younger for the sake of jobs.

Agyness 1983 = 32 in 2015
Anna 1986 = 29 in 2015

I wish they said their real age (if they had to say it at all) because it would work really well PR wise anyway.
People can't claim 14 year olds are selling women's clothes.

^
She turned 24 in 2012 (September), so I guess she's actually 26 in this video

Agyness 1983 = 32 in 2015
Anna 1986 = 29 in 2015

I wish they said their real age (if they had to say it at all) because it would work really well PR wise anyway.
People can't claim 14 year olds are selling women's clothes.

I can sort of excuse Agyness for this. When she started the industry was still very obsessed with age, as opposed to now. Still, she couldve actually turned it on them when she ended up big, lol. Nowadays there's no excuse for lying about your age. I remember Lakshmi Menon started when at 28 or something? And look how far she got.

Maybe Vogue Italia got it wrong? Don't think Vittoria would actually lie about her age.

Anais Mali year of birth is listed on Wikipedia as 1991 but she herself said on Instagram that she celebrated her 30th birthday yesterday. Which means she was actually born in 1988.

^another one lying about her yob:rolleyes:.
Wikipedia has Arlenis Sosa's year of birth as 1989 but on Instagram she says she just celebrated her 30th on May 7th, which means she was actually born in 1988.

^ Doesn't sound like a lie to me. Wikipedia must have just confused her age. There's really no point in deducting just one year, if she wanted to appear younger to people, she would deduct more than that.

Fernanda Liz has been in a lot of photos from Cannes. Her bday is now listed at 1991, which is funny because she was 26 in 2014 after transitioning to HF from 10 years of commercial modelling. Time works in funny ways.

Is Tanya Dziahileva born in 1991 or 92? She was always said to be 14 during her debut season in September 2005 which makes her 15 years old when she opened Versace S/S 2007. But some people say she told them that she opened the show at age 14, she might have made a mistake bc it's hard to imagine a 12-13 year old looking as mature as she did in 2005.

Has anyone ever mentioned Adesuwa Aighewi? She’s claimed to be 4 years younger than she actually is (29 as compared to 33) for several years now…

It is quite fascinating that age is still taboo in the industry for new models when in reality a lot of top models continue working well into their 30s, beyond if they’re a legend.

The most egregious example I can think of is Christelle Yambasiya, who was born in 1988 but told to say she was six years younger when she started modelling in the early 2010s. At least we seem to be past the stage where agents were trying to pass off 14 years olds as 16/17 year olds...

it's funny how 10 years ago it was a huge deal how models like saskia and aymeline got their big breaktroughs in their late 20s, but nowadays it's nothing unusual thankfully

And models who have their break out moment in their adulthood tend to last longer. There are a lot of lies in this business, ages and heights are altered, inches are subtracted from waists and hips, inches are added on busts, etc.... but in the end you are going to get measured during the fittings and your real measurements will come out. Why does age matter if you have taken good care of yourself? Many "older" models like Alek Wek, Liya Kebede, Raquel Zimmermann, Anna Selezneva and Kasia Struss are still as fresh as ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awhetstone1018
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->