Models Who Have Lied About Their Age

Having skipped one class and doing her final exams this year, Toni should be born in 92 and thus celebrating her 18th birthday in 2010.

Toni was (according to agents) 16 two years in a row. I tend to think that she started younger than what the agents said at the time.

She isn't lying about it technically, but in that MUSE issue dedicated to her...the times lines did not match up for Natasha Poly to be as young as they said she was.

whew! I've been looking for a thread like this. So the women clearly lie about their age, but what about the men. Do male models face the same kind of pressure to retain a prepubescent look. I know in Europe where the dandy-rocker look is quite popular now, designers tend to favor waif-ish (and younger) looking male models. But it generally seems that male models can work well into their 20's unlike female models who are considered ancient by that age. So have male models lied about their age. If so, who?

Not to cast doubt on these male models, but the recent it boys of the moment Jacob Coupe and Simon Nissman don't look 19. At least, not like any 19 years old I've ever seen.

She isn't lying about it technically, but in that MUSE issue dedicated to her...the times lines did not match up for Natasha Poly to be as young as they said she was.

I've always guestimated Natasha to be older than her stated 24 years. She's been in the business forever and definite looks older....

In my opinon Joan Smalls lies about her age way too much.. She has been around forever and we all know it. She has to be at least 23, and she is still saying 19!

A thing always amazed me, it's the fact a girl can lie about her age to casting directors because the latter never ask to see their official ID card.
I guess they voluntary close their eyes to hire under-16 girls...and then they are all "we trust the girls about it" etc. Take us for fools...:rolleyes:

In my opinon Joan Smalls lies about her age way too much.. She has been around forever and we all know it. She has to be at least 23, and she is still saying 19!
i agree. she's not 19yrs old, if so...that's a rough looking 19.
she has to be older...22 or 23.

I've always guestimated Natasha to be older than her stated 24 years. She's been in the business forever and definite looks older....

Natasha hit the runways with 18 years if i'm not mistaken.
So she is in the buisness for 6 years now. Thats long and she has done soo many campaigns, shows, eds ... so i think it feels like she is in the business since ever.

Also the blonde hair makes her look older but sure , maybe she also lies a little bit about it B)

is Tayane Leão Melo really 14 or 15yrs old? i find that hard to believe. she looks maybe in her early 20's.

I always imagined Natasha could be older than 24 yo. But actually it is entirely possible, she has been on the international markets since 2004-ish(?). She wasn`t even so young, compared to someones.

But does anyone know did she break through at one season and has worked ever since, or did she do any development trips to Asia or Europe before 2004?

^her wiki page says she modelled locally (in Russia) from 2000, and she's listed as being born in July 1985, so that would make her almost 25- consistent with a November 2004 issue of Vogue UK that listed her as being 19 at the time.
Some models don't have that breakout season immediately after they start, so it fits with what we know I guess.

Suprised, or then she just got confused with English words :D

whew! I've been looking for a thread like this. So the women clearly lie about their age, but what about the men. Do male models face the same kind of pressure to retain a prepubescent look. I know in Europe where the dandy-rocker look is quite popular now, designers tend to favor waif-ish (and younger) looking male models. But it generally seems that male models can work well into their 20's unlike female models who are considered ancient by that age. So have male models lied about their age. If so, who?

Not to cast doubt on these male models, but the recent it boys of the moment Jacob Coupe and Simon Nissman don't look 19. At least, not like any 19 years old I've ever seen.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=7804009&postcount=1193

That doesn't look like someone who could be 19?

i think david gandy is older than he says he is. he has wrinkles and i dont think he takes care of his skin properly.

Yes, he looks like he could be 19, but that's the thing with a lot of guys- they look younger than their age. Models like Marcel Castenmiller, Mark Cox, Johannes Niermann and Ryan Koning all look younger than their age. I was surprised to learn that they are all in their mid-twenties. Since I posted my original comment, I went back and took another look at some of Nessman and Coupe's pictures, especially any personal photos where there's little to no make-up or styling involved. And I will say, they do look younger to me now. But that does not change the fact that Nessman is an old soul- he's extremely mature for his age, not to say that he can't be 19/20 but it does still cast some doubt in my mind.

Recently FmenTV did a little promo feature on Benoni Loos and they had his birth year listed as 1984; NYmagazine has him listed as being born in 1987. Here's another: Jonatan Frenk is listed as being born in 1993/1992 in his thread, but in his mtccasting video he says he's 22. So...:rolleyes: EDIT: I also found two different years of birth listed for Nessman as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Irina K is apparently a year older than what her agency says. Most sources list her birthdate as August 6, 1991 but it seems she was actually born 16 November 1990.

Irina K is apparently a year older than what her agency says. Most sources list her birthdate as August 6, 1991 but it seems she was actually born 16 November 1990.

Really? I get changing the year, but why would the agency change her birthday as well?

Siri was saying she was 18 until she was 20 and a half :wink:

@ 1:00

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->