Models who said they were ugly growing up

russh_kris_z

Reaction score
I can recall a few models saying they were ugly growing up and guys didn't want to date them ..or they were considered ugly or soemthing

Umm??

Maria Carla Boscono
Jessica Stam
Elise Crombez
Eugenia Volodina

and Gemma ward once said that she wasnt what Australia found beautiful or soemthing..

Oh yes also recall Julia.S saying her classmates calling her "bean bar" because of her height..

Anyways yea just asking..

Last edited by a moderator:
Gisele,but she still is.... LOL

Maria Carla Boscono - still ugly
Gemma - still an alien

Almost all the models, when asked what they were like growing up, have said that they were ugly.

I think it's a trend :innocent:

^ I could never imagine some models saying that though, the snotty ones.

And honestly most models start out as kids anyways haha

I actually think it's a little snotty to keep saying this... It's like 'I've always been skinny and everyone made fun of me', which literally means "I always looked like a model and everyone was jealous'.

I don't know how to explain this, but it's such a cliche for a model to say how ugly she was before she became a model, when the 'ugly' means exactly what she became a model for - like been tall and skinny. I mean, none of them say 'I was ugly, because I had spots' or something...

^ Exactly.

& Elise said she was boyish & never wanted to wear make-up, she didn't say she was ugly I don't think, she said that she wanted to be a model since she was little.

haha yea I think it is a little snotty to say that or maybe they are just saying it to give people hope who feel they are still going through 'the ugly phase in life'.

But I can imagine though that some people may not find certain models their cup of tea. I think there 'may' be some truth in the gemma account because I dont think she is naturally appealing but only after sometime do you find her attractive, certainly not on first glance, to me anyways. There may be some truth with the mariacarla story cause she does look a little 'awkward' in that her eyes are pretty wide apart, as I recall when i first saw her. However in general i fail to believe that ANY girl model will have trouble getting attention from guys cause that is just the truth of the matter. Unless there is some wierd cliche against them or they were like completely wierd and awkward, SOMEBODY is bound to find them attractive, although they may lose out the top spot in their situations to a lindsay lohan type or something (even though less modelisque simply cause of style/attitude).

what? Elise? No way D: Got a pic to prove? I'll prove her wrong.

Almost all the models, when asked what they were like growing up, have said that they were ugly.

I think it's a trend :innocent:
Maybe it's not really "ugly", but they just ar saying that they used to be more awkward and gawky.

most of the people from hong kong and japan like gemma because we like dolly look and big eyes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was "ugly" during my teenage years and I was taller and thinner than the other girls which added to the fact that my development was like three years ahead of theirs, you can guess how weird I felt. Now, when I meet any of my former classmates I always get looks of envy from them, so I believe these models when they say they weren't considered pretty during their childhood/teens, since I was totally convinced no one would ever look at my face without thinking how incredibly ugly I was.

Sometimes your face develops and a weird looking 13-year old ends up being pretty at 19, and very pretty children grow up to be plain looking adults. Also, beauty standarts are different in the "real" world, most of the time the hot/pretty girl of the class, the one who everybody considers beautiful, wouldn't have a chance in the modelling world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->