Models Who Weren't Scouted

If being in a modeling contest were to count, then Denisa Dvorakova and Francis Lane might have been self-starters. But I've always assumed that people who participated in big modeling contests were in some sense maybe "recruited" to participate, and/or had previous modeling experience... and were therefore possibly discovered beforehand. Maybe it depends on the individual participant. I guess I don't really know what getting involved in them entails.

And even though it's not the same as being scouted, I don't feel that a relative or friend submitting someone's pictures to an agency or "volunteering" them for the job exactly counts.. I guess that kind of circumstance is sort of a gray area.

^ then why Denisa always shows the "I don't care about this at all." face if she did volunteer to do modeling? :lol:

Rasa Zukauskaite wasn't discovered, her sister sent her pictures to the agency in Lithuania.

If it weren't for her sister, Rasa Zukauskaite could still be aiming for a career in engineering instead of becoming the face of Prada.

modelinia

Yulia Terentieva

How and when did you started modeling ?
- I started modeling a couple years ago. I came to the agency and said : ” I want to be a model”

All About Models

Julia Saner was a winner of Elite Model Look in 2009.

As I recall, Arlenis Sosa wasn't discovered. Didn't she just walk into a modeling agency and got signed at the spot?

No, she was discovered by a designer in her native Dominican Republic who sent her photos to an agency. She signed with them and her career blew up weeks later. Hers really is a 'Cinderella story'.:D

Does being on a competition mean that a model wasn't discovered? I mean, maybe some were also discovered by someone & let them enter the competition.

Does being on a competition mean that a model wasn't discovered? I mean, maybe some were also discovered by someone & let them enter the competition.

Exactly. It does not mean that models were not discovered by someone.

Lindsey Wixson went to an agency.
Sigrid won the French Elite Model Look contest in 2006,
and Constance Jablonski came in as runner up in the same year.
And Arlenis Sosa apparently went to many many different agencies that would hire her.

Sasha wasn't exactly "discovered". Her photographer boyfriend (now husband) sent pictures of her to IMG. Alice Burdeu won Australia's Next Top Model. Ali Michael won a modeling contest. Anja Rubik entered a modeling contest but then was scouted so I'm not sure if that counts. Charlotte Calypso won a modeling contest. Constance and Denisa entered a modeling contest. Dorothea won Elite model look and Eniko won Elite model look.

I thought Abbey was scouted while on a beach with her grandmother? Or something like that... That's the story I seem to recall hearing from her in videos.

It's a bit odd really. I know she won the GIRLFRIEND magazine coversearch, and then she moved to Sydney at some time, after she finished high school I assume? And she got scouted on a beach? But she had some Australian chainstore campaign after the model search so I'm sure she would have been with an agency, maybe she was scouted by a different one? I don't really understand it.

^well maybe, she was discovered on a beach by an organizer of an event and then won the competition.

Also, the GIRLFRIEND magazine coversearch seems to discover models that actually make it in the real modeling industry. Cat Mcneil won it also, right?

^She was discovered on a beach at 15 and entered the competition at 17. I'm not sure when they finish high school in Melbourne, but in a lot of Australia it's 17 so she may have finished before the competition.
Alyssa Sutherland, Samatha Harris, Pania Rose, Ruby Rose and Cat McNeil were all finalists or won the Girlfriend competition too. I don't think anyone from the competition has hit it big since Abbey though. Miranda Kerr was discovered in the Dolly magazine competition.

She later went on to win the Australian 2004 Girlfriend Model Search. After high school, in 2005, she moved from Melbourne to Sydney to begin modeling. She lived 100 meters from the beach and it was while at the beach where she got scouted by Chic Management's Kathy Ward.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbey_Lee_Kershaw

Isabeli Fontana, Alessandra Ambrosio, Lindsey Wixson and Chanel Iman all applied for modelling. I read on Wikipedia and also in interviews on Youtube.

^ Not true, Isabeli was discovered while having lunch with her mom in Brazil. Isabeli thought about being a model and was interested. In that same year Elite Model Look took place in Brazil and Sergio Mattos; owner of 40 graus models called her grandma up to convince Isabeli to participate. She went and ended up with the 3 finalists and went to the finals in Nice, France.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->