Moschino S/S 2021 by Steven Meisel

Every time Meisel shoots a new campaign, I feel like a child who got a new toy! Can't explain how much joy this man brings me in times when I barely even bother checking the Ad Campaign forum because I can't stand the disappointment. As expected, the campaign is absolutely stellar. I must agree that Irina and Bella are the highlights so far, but I'm also in love with Julia and Yasmin's duo! Yasmin is a stellar model and I hope she gets a solo shot as well.

Happy to see Yasmin! I think she looks great. Irina and Bella are really serving as well, especially Irina. Her and Meisel just work magic together. Can always count on a Moschino campaign to swoop in during the season.

Yeah! Glamour at its best. My favourite campaign of this season (suck that "answer at prada.com"), I love the cast. Steven is the only photograpber that can shot bot, commercial and editorial girls for the same ad/magazine (please Edward, give a damn cover to Irina by Steven). I hope he lives 1,000 years, I love this man. And his team, brilliant! They are the best in this decadent Industry. Jimmy, Pat, Jason, Carlyne, so much love for them.

Oh lovely! Well...compared to the other campaigns so far (and dare I say it even that Miu Miu campaign by Steven and Lotta Trashkova) . Irina and Yasmin are selling this concept the most to me (I can't recall Jeremy's last show but Gemma Ward has a VI edit by Craig McDean with the puppet concept as well). Bella looks very Meghan Douglas in her image, but both her and Achenrin's image feel a litle bit forced to me. And Julia doesn't fit the Moschino aesthetic, but whatever, just proves that being overrated and Caucasian/loved by Steven can get you anywhere...let's not even recall the mid 00s to early 10s when black and Asian models (Chanel, Jourdan, Liu etc.) might walk a designer's show 6-8 seasons in a row but wouldn't even be up for casting for their campaigns :rolleyes:. Anyway it's 2021 now so I guess I'll shut up. I do like her here I guess.

Patiently waiting for Zara now.

Omg stunning!!!! IK people are very tired of random Julia appearances (post-retirement lmao) & have quite strong opinions on Yasmin (I actually share those sentiments) but I think their poses & overall shots are the winner here. Irina looks amazing, but the shot doesnt make sense with all pthe strings around her. And Bella & Achenrin look a tad stiff. Overall still a stunning campaign, one of if not the best campaign this season for sure

I think the stiffness lends itself to the overall doll-like sensibility. So in that sense, Bella—with the help of her botox-injected face—actually captured the premise really well. Irina’s may be the most dynamic, but she looks too alert. Yasmin and Julia’s shots are the best. To me, this is the best campaign of the season.

Good concept, bad execution, which makes those strings feel unnecessary, the models should have looked as stiff as marionette!

Irina's shot is the best so far. It has elegance and her beauty translate through really well. I don't mind the other cast but Bella shot is the weakest. I really think that comes from the fact that she can't really find a way to make use of her beautiful face.

this is probably the best bella has ever looked! i'm loving this, kinda reminds me of meisel's louis vuitton s/s 2012 campaign

Makes me chuckle every time I see hate for Julia. Next year, 2022, marks a decade of Meisel loving Julia. The man has been shooting her for 10 years, at this point it is only amusing to see this hate and that she does not deserve her career and is a bad model. I am biased, because I have always been a fan of hers, but c'mon, her portfolio is bigger and better than portfolios of Irina, Yasmin, Bella and Achenrin combined.

..... but c'mon, her portfolio is bigger and better than portfolios of Irina, Yasmin, Bella and Achenrin combined.

:lol: What portfolio? In her 10 years, she booked one of the top 4 covers and that was only because of Meisel. Without him, Raf and Willy nobody is checking for her. And let's face it, she will NEVER book all top 4.

Bella has UK Vogue, VP and VI down already, and Irina UK and VI. Irina and Bella were also the models who booked the most Vogue covers in 2020.

So no, Julia Nobis can stay retired.

Gorgeous campaign! It's always a joy to see Meisel shoot something, and I love his work with Moschino; it's what fashion photography should be about.

:lol: What portfolio? In her 10 years, she booked one of the top 4 covers and that was only because of Meisel. Without him, Raf and Willy nobody is checking for her. And let's face it, she will NEVER book all top 4.

Bella has UK Vogue, VP and VI down already, and Irina UK and VI. Irina and Bella were also the models who booked the most Vogue covers in 2020.

Not liking her as a model is one thing, but dismissing her accomplishments from the last ten years is a bit too much if you ask me. Have you even looked at her portfolio over at DNA Models? She may be on a different level compared to Irina and Bella, but her work is blue chip throughout. And the fact that even though she is retired, she’s still booking these high profile gigs once in a while says enough about her standing in the industry. Wether you like her or not.

To paraphrase the great Latrice Royal: the level of Julia Nobis-erasure... Far too much!

You know Julia Nobis is just a normal girl, who is studying in medical field, and Bella Hadid got popular because of her mother and her sister? And Irina got famous, because she was married to Bradley Cooper?

Julia achieved it on her own merit. Without being born or married to right people, Bella and Irina wouldn’t even hold a candle to Julia Nobis.

All these tears when I specifically referenced stats on Vogue covers, which btw were factual enough for anyone not to counter argue on.

Anyway, nice campaign! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->