NBC's 'Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Search' reality competition

Aquarius22 said:
Man... I don't think any of those girls can even compare to the current SI girls. Most of them had great bodies, but facially I don't think they are up to par with Daniela Pestova, Petra Nemcova, Elsa Benitez, Veronica Verikova.. etc..:huh:
I cut them a little slack for this... if there were any girls who were as pretty as Petra Nemcova or Elsa Benitez, they'd probably be signed up to agencies already! No way would they try out for a trashy reality show. :wink:

But yeah, overall these girls were disappoints... even compared to just regular models-- not even supermodels! :(

this show is like America's Next Top Model meets Are You Hot? (that other reality show)

I actually kind of liked the show. I also think that if Alicia can get her body into better shape (as the judges requested) - she has a great chance of winning. She could most definitely model, regardless of whether she wins the SI competition or not. She is gorgeous! :woot: I think that they kicked off two of the prettiest girls last night though! It kind of made me mad that they kept a couple of the Paris Hilton looking girls and kicked off one in particular that was beautiful and natural. O-well, that is the way it goes. I will keep watching this show because I like the look of Alicia and I have met one of the judges (Joel). He is actually very nice in person, but definitely speaks his mind.

Alicia
alicia4ah.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
they all look like two-bit hookers - sorry, that was mean, not a nice way to introduce myself to this forum! okay, they all look like very nice girls, but the models in my delia's catalouge have more range .... and most of the girls looked like they were posing for playboy - that audition is two blocks down girls

vikingqueen said:
they all look like two-bit hookers - sorry, that was mean, not a nice way to introduce myself to this forum! okay, they all look like very nice girls, but the models in my delia's catalouge have more range .... and most of the girls looked like they were posing for playboy - that audition is two blocks down girls
I agree that some of the models did look like hookers, but there are others that I see potential in. Welcome to TFS!:flower:

I just checked out the website, and those girls look rank. Pretty in their own way I guess, but the kind of pretty you'd find in a dirty smut magazine.

ChinaLove said:
Not to mention a little funky in the face
I actually like her face in a different way, but I would certainly not be showing off that stomach and those thighs. I've decided now that it's alright for me to be saying this, because after all, it is for a sports magazine. The young women should at least be fit to reflect that image! And really, they could have found a much more attractive group just but walking down the street of any major city. :rolleyes:

purplelucrezia said:
I hate to be judgemental, but most of them are a little chunky... :ninja:
:lol: True. Could I say they look more American than European, whereas a lot of the girls on ANTM looked more European than American?

WOW I can't believe you are saying these girls are CHUNKY???? are you serious?

These are swimsuit models not runway or fashion models! A few of these girls could stand to tone up just a tad.. but otherwise they have the typical swimsuit bodies. Swimsuit models are selling an image- a SEXY one at that... 95% of women AND men would rather see a sexy swimsuit model with a bit of curves and somethin to grab on to. But I do agree a few need to tone up- but NOT loose any weight.

i guess swimsuit modeling doesn't really take much talent, just a pretty face and a nice body.

a real model can't just be pretty. he/she needs his/her own unique look.

Has anone been watching this show? I love it. & I've finally lost my reality show guilt- it's just too hypocritical now that i watch the apprentice every season, project runway & this. if you do watch, anyone like alicia? i think stacy is going to win, but i like alicia's flawed spunk & drive. plus i always have to root for the person everyone else is hating on... :P

Well, I originally refused to watch this show... Now I dont mind it because the women know perfectly well what this competition entails, etc... There are some really pretty girls on this if you ask me. And I agree with purple, it's much more accurate than ANTM..

I like Stacy even though she doesn't take the best pictures.. Maybe it's because she's from MN :lol:

stacy_4.jpg

pointup said:
Well, I originally refused to watch this show... Now I dont mind it because the women know perfectly well what this competition entails, etc... There are some really pretty girls on this if you ask me. And I agree with purple, it's much more accurate than ANTM..

I like Stacy even though she doesn't take the best pictures.. Maybe it's because she's from MN :lol:

stacy_4.jpg

hey, where are the boobs..its SI

Last edited by a moderator:
you know? i never really noticed the lack of boobies until now. the men are not gonna like that! hee hee. doesn't "the audience" ultimately vote for the winner?

baby lauren hutton in person, but not so much in pics...
shannon_6.jpg

maxim material...
jenna_4.jpg

looks like nikki taylors baby sis...
stacy_1.jpg

the best...
alicia_6.jpg

I love Alicia........

Stacy? Are you kidding me? look at her face it's so long and big mouth.......Alicia has the hair......the skin ....and the youth........."plus" the drama LOL. She said she grew up in foster homes andone foster family to another.......
The girl looks like a Million dollar beauty! She looks like a young Paulina Porizkova mixed with Adriana Lima. SI here's your girl!!!!!!

Stacy is full of herself now, Jenna is hot but has the tendency to be a beer girl, if you know what I mean! (translation: CHEAP, p*rnstar)

I love shannon, she look like a cross between Lauren Hutton and Carolyn Murphy. But as the fabulous Roshumba said, She must have spent herself way too much in the sun (translation: you're OLD, b*tch)

My pick is Alicia, very determined, very driven, she has the eye for the price!!! I love her!!!!! She's like Eva from ANTM , she's like the bad girl with vulnerability, you know she's bad but you still ROOT for her!! I hope she wins.

I totally agree that Alicia is the best! There was another forum that someone started on this where I say that I think that she should win the whole thing. I just hope that her attitude, although I don't mind it, doesn't get her cut.

Even if she doesn't win the SI Competition, she has the best chance of getting into high fashion modeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->