V/Supreme Model Search: The Finalists

oh actually mode's blog entry is still up... (when i went through google though it said it was deleted)

As youarearockstar reports in Kasia's thread, she's now up on Supreme's site.

^Yepper, Kasia Zych is offically up on the Supreme website. Still no official statement that declares her the winner, but this looks promising for Kasia.

I know that these contests are rigged to some extent but wow! I think it's shady that the finalists were with agencies before the contest or were below the radar/entered on the last day.

I think Julia and Oksana are better than these girls but I like Amanda overall. I have to admit that Kasia's test shoot was my favorite though. Congratulations to Kasia for being signed to Supreme!

Great, Kasia was my favourite :stuart:
What happened with cutexpaste? I thought at first things were looking quite promising for her :huh:?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kasia wasn't bad but I just don't get the fact how they could let Amanda go, it's beyond me!:huh::ninja:

I know that these contests are rigged to some extent but wow! I think it's shady that the finalists were with agencies before the contest or were below the radar/entered on the last day.

I think Julia and Oksana are better than these girls but I like Amanda overall. I have to admit that Kasia's test shoot was my favorite though. Congratulations to Kasia for being signed to Supreme!

As I said a dozen times before in the last thread....
IF ANYONE HAD ACTUALLY READ THE RULES AND GUIDELINES TO THE CONTEST!!
You would notice that it clearly states the girls running on the website are not the only ones. Models could enter by snailmail, email, go in person, whatever. The votes on the website are only "popular vote" and that means whoever won that would get selected to simply do a shoot in NY and yadda yadda. Not sign a contract with the agency. Do you honestly think the agency would just allow random unprofessional people on the internet to select who they should sign for them to market? That's insane. So the online stuff doesn't count in the real run, it was more or less just V's advertising. Supreme had full rights to sign girls who didn't receive a single vote because they're the judges, not the voters.
Votes = popular vote for prizes
Judges for actual contracts = the agency
so no, just because the girls everyone voted for didn't get picked doesn't mean it was rigged. Just means you didn't read the info about said contest.

****edited. See tFS guidelines.****

Wouldn't it be much easier for Supreme to find a model themselves (since they obviously picked the girls already signed to agencies) than doing it by online vote promotion! novella I agree crap to the bone!

RULES AND GUIDELINES

The rules said you couldn't be signed to an agency. Maybe they meant "American agency", but that's not what it said. So girls with agencies kind of were removed from the web sites after we tracked them down.

The rules named the countries that could compete. Kasia is probably Polish, like her agency, not "Latvian". Poland is not one of the countries allowed to enter. She might be Latvian, we just doubt it!

Anyway it's amusing. Was there NO real on-line entry that was worthy of consideration? It would have been better if they hadn't encouraged the obviously too-old, too-short or just not model-like girls, and removed those ones from the popularity voting.

Hunny, you haven't said anything in this thread and for people to gues what "last thread" according to you means is somewhat broadly complex.:flower:

Wouldn't it be much easier for Supreme to find a model themselves (since they obviously picked the girls already signed to agencies) than doing it by online vote promotion! novella I agree crap to the bone!

Last thread as in the thread covering the V/supreme model search before this "finalists" thread which many people here were also subscribed.
The point wasn't to find a model, they obviously can do that on their own. It was an advertising collaboration. That's what businesses do. As do agencies for coverage. It's simple enough to understand if you understand how agencies work. Of course a girl can't be signed to an agency in the area, they wouldn't be able to sign them by law and contracts if that were the case but they are freely allowed to be represented by agencies in other areas/countries. Just because the selected girls are represented by someone in say, Canada doesn't mean they don't have the right to be apart of a contest for a NY agency.

****edited. See tFS Guidelines.****

Anyway it's amusing. Was there NO real on-line entry that was worthy of consideration? It would have been better if they hadn't encouraged the obviously too-old, too-short or just not model-like girls, and removed those ones from the popularity voting.
There were at least 10! :wink: You know what, it's okey for them to pick the girls based on their "side quest" missions but adding them last minute to the site and then picking them as the finalists is very much twisted and ignorant toward people who actually took their time to vote and took this into a consideration as being something productive and rational from an established and respected agency(don't know for how long now though)!:lol:

The online voting counted as "the popular vote." The popular vote did not establish who would be in the finalists or signed (the judges for that part were specified), it just specified they would receive certain prizes.
I'm in Supreme, I've inquired about it throughout the duration of the contest. They didn't have those finalists girls selected from the get-go.

Let's keep this on topic, guys. no need to turn this into personal-toned, who-knows-more competition. such posts will be removed. and you know that. :flower:

smokebreak said:
I'm in Supreme, I've inquired about it throughout the duration of the contest. They didn't have those finalists girls selected from the get-go.
That's good to know.

Just because the selected girls are represented by someone in say, Canada doesn't mean they don't have the right to be apart of a contest for a NY agency.

But if the rules specifically said that you can't have a contract with another agency, wouldn't that forfeit said right?

(Though, as said before we don't know if these girls signed actual contracts, they could have been with them on a non-contract basis, who knows)

But anyway, for the record, and to end all of the if-you-had-read-the-rules arguments, here's the rule about eligibility:

1. Eligibility. V MAGAZINE LLC. AND SUPREME MANAGEMENT (COLLECTIVELY, “SPONSOR") ARE THE SPONSORS OF THIS CONTEST (“CONTEST”). THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO FEMALES WHO ARE, AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND AWARD OF PRIZE: (A) AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE AND BETWEEN 5'7" AND 5'11" TALL AND (LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, RUSSIA, LATVIA, ESTONIA, THE UNITED KINGDOM, CANADA, DENMARK, NORWAY, SWEDEN OR BRAZIL. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE FOREGOING CRITERIA, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE (EACH, AN “ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANT”). Models who have previously performed services for other agencies, but who are not currently under contract, are eligible to enter provided they have not earned more than $25,000 in modeling fees in any one year during the last ten years. Models under contract with a modeling agency or who have earned more than $25,000 in modeling fees in any one year during the last ten years are ineligible. All employees of Sponsor, its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees, are not eligible. Void outside of United States, Russia, Latvia, Estonia, the United Kingdom, Canada, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Brazil and where otherwise prohibited.
Anyway, it's odd they haven't officially announced the winner yet, either on V or MDC, it's been like over a month now :unsure:

it's odd they haven't officially announced the winner yet

It's a magazine contest, so it has to wait for the magazine's lead time, probably 2-3 months.

we don't know if these girls signed actual contracts

Any agency who entered a model in this contest would have them under a mother agent contract, or they would risk being cut out of the money by an agreement between the model and Supreme. They don't promote girls out of the goodness of their hearts.

It's not that the winner was pre-selected was the issue, it's that Supreme ran a public contest and then took winners from its usual source of models, the agencies. Boooring....

I think Ford did a little better with its Myspace competitor for its Supermodel of the World thing. At least the public perception is better.

Any agency who entered a model in this contest would have them under a mother agent contract, or they would risk being cut out of the money by an agreement between the model and Supreme. They don't promote girls out of the goodness of their hearts.
Ah, good point.

but didnt it state in the guidelines, "the contestant should not be in any biding contract with another agency?" or did that pertain only to the online popular vote? :huh:

*i understood that the online popular vote does not necessarily get judged.

As I said a dozen times before in the last thread....
IF ANYONE HAD ACTUALLY READ THE RULES AND GUIDELINES TO THE CONTEST!!
You would notice that it clearly states the girls running on the website are not the only ones. Models could enter by snailmail, email, go in person, whatever. The votes on the website are only "popular vote" and that means whoever won that would get selected to simply do a shoot in NY and yadda yadda. Not sign a contract with the agency. Do you honestly think the agency would just allow random unprofessional people on the internet to select who they should sign for them to market? That's insane. So the online stuff doesn't count in the real run, it was more or less just V's advertising. Supreme had full rights to sign girls who didn't receive a single vote because they're the judges, not the voters.
Votes = popular vote for prizes
Judges for actual contracts = the agency
so no, just because the girls everyone voted for didn't get picked doesn't mean it was rigged. Just means you didn't read the info about said contest.

Modeling agencies have no jurisdiction of their model's contracts outside of their area. In this case Supreme is a NY agency therefor they could not in anyway be in a binding contract within their area in which they would have control. The agency cannot make rules against having current binding contracts with agencies in other countries because that is out of their jurisdiction. This is common law of modeling under agencies so they must not have felt the need to specify that by assuming it was common knowledge to those interested. Whether the finalists are signed with agencies elsewhere or not I fail to see what difference it makes. If the girls are already signed to agencies they would know the rules with international contracts and if a girl didn't know the above information then it most likely means she wasn't with an agency so there's no harm either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->