New Year Style Resolutions 2008

1. Wear heels more often. The flipside of that is to stop buying heels since I never wear them!
  2. Stop wearing 20% of my stuff 80% of the time. I have lots of clothes, jewelry and shoes that I like that never see the light of day.
  3. This is related to #2, but go "shopping" in my closet instead of spending money. Put together new looks with old items.
  4. Try to limit my shopping as much as possible. I already have too much. Try to be less of a consumer and more of a creator. Think about the people around the world who don't even have a change of clothes.
  5. If I must shop, try to go to local boutiques and support small designers instead of automatically heading to chain stores.
  6. Plan my outfits ahead of time (lay them out the night before) and try to keep track of what I wear.
  7. Stop throwing my clothes on the floor.
  8. Only buy jeans that fit perfectly and are perfectly comfortable.
  9. Give myself pedicures on a regular basis and keep my nails looking nice if not painted.
  10. Get rid of the clothes I know I don't want anymore -- sell what I can and donate the rest to charity.

1. Make more an effort.
2. Branch out from what everyone else is wearing.
3. Stop caring about trends and go with what I like/look good in.
4. Fit those grey pants I just got
5. Wear less blue jeans.
6. Start building up my wardrobe so I actually have something to wear when I graduate and I don't have to wear a uniform anymore.
7. Invest in sturdy classics that can transition through seasons and trends.
8. Find a better stores to shop at where people won't give me dirty looks like I'm going steal something...

- Buy things I actually need- layering tops, basic skirts, etc rather than things I love but which go with nothing else I own.
- But still not buy things that I don't love but supposedly fill a gap- they never get worn in the end.
- Donate or sell things I don't wear, rather than hanging on to them in the hopes I'll still find a way to wear them.
-Finally wear all the various accessories I buy and don't know what to do with.
-Take more risks.

I have to add a #11 to my list -- I resolve to start a fashion blog in 2008! I'm already working on my first post.

-clean/organize my closet and *keep* it that way (heh, usually it just takes a few days for me to scatter things all over the place)
-take the best care of my clothes that i can (get a few padded hangers, a few more cedar blocks to protect wool etc against moths)
-don't buy anything unless i absolutely love it (have been working on this for the past year or so).
-find more pieces in the color cobalt!
-be more creative with the outfits that i actually wear

Not let the idiots of the world bring me down. And, if necessary, bring them down myself.

I always feel that I look good, but that I make dull or *shudder* SAFE choices.

I used to be very daring (in my younger days:lol:), and I miss that.

The past few years, Ive grown up alot and that shows in how I dress. I tend to look very professional and conservative (=boring)

So I want to take more risks, try new things, and think outside the box.

I want to uncover my style. I wear a lot of black and even though I won't change that, I do want to change the originality of my pieces.

- Buy more basics
- Own more heels
- Wear more color
- Own more structural purses
- Think minimal
- Shop more often
- Think QUALITY, not QUANTITY
- Experiment with my style

Go to the hairdresser ASAP.
Get back into thrifting (eBay does not count!)
Buy a Chanel bag.
Put focus on great accessories.

• Stop buying items that look identical to items I already have (no more black turtlenecks and gray cardigans)
• Incorporate color into my wardrobe. It's inevitable that I will wear black, but I need to mix it up a bit.
• Be a bit more experimental. I think living in a small town keeps me from being as funky as I want to be.

I resolve to:

* Wear some of the gorgeous things I save "for a special occasion" - everyday is an occasion!

* Not buy things in sales just because they're a bargain and then never wear them!

* Wear what I like and not play it safe just because some people might not like it.

I hope you all have a superbly stylish 2008!

Not let the idiots of the world bring me down. And, if necessary, bring them down myself.

This isn't much of a new year style resolution, right? :doh: :blush: (I was so mad yesterday I didn't even read the thread title right).

Okay, my style resolution is: not be ashamed of wearing the things I like. I have so many great ideas for outfits but I'm always afraid of what people will think. I'm not going to care anymore. :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Find a good black pleated skirt.
  • Wear more skirts in general.
  • Incorporate bold prints into my wardrobe.
  • Learn how to wear white dresses/shorts.
  • Experiment more with materials.
  • Buy a new black coat..
  • give flats a rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adspttsa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->