Pale Or Tan...

julieanne

Reaction score
I find both pale and tan skin attractive, but am more fond of pale. I love porcelain, white skin on dark haired women; but love a dark haired man with a tan. :smile:

I think the overly tanned look (AKA tanning-bed look) is un-attractive. I think a little tan and healthy glow is nice.

This is beautiful-

I like a guy nicely tanned, but I like women pale..same as you Julieanne.It can be really striking, rather aristocratic.

Pale and interesting imo, i have nothing against tans i just prefer pale skin.

Totally agree with what prixi said about it being quite aristocratic.

I like being tanned - I get a nice tan in like 20 minutes in a sunny day, thank goodness cuz I could never use one of those self-tanning things, it looks so artificial. I don't do it often anyway, I never use sunblock although I really should, so I just *try* to avoid the sun whenever I can.

I don't have a preference regarding guys, I kinda prefer them pale or black, nothing in between for me lol.

Originally posted by carola@Jun 26th, 2004 - 1:44 pm
I like being tanned - I get a nice tan in like 20 minutes in a sunny day, thank goodness cuz I could never use one of those self-tanning things, it looks so artificial. I don't do it often anyway, I never use sunblock although I really should, so I just *try* to avoid the sun whenever I can.

I don't have a preference regarding guys, I kinda prefer them pale or black, nothing in between for me lol.
Use sunblock, the suns rays dry your skin out along with all the other dangers such as skin cancer etc, if you can get a tan in 20 mins without it your skin must tan pretty well, it wouldn't take much longer to tan with sunblock.

Sorry to sound like your mother hehe :P but i'm a real believer in sunblock.

I have no other choice but pale... I don't tan... if anything i turn pink or red in the sun... ooorrr i get freckles.. maybe if i stay out in the sun long enough, i'll get so many freckles it'll look like tan.

I love the look of a healthy tan (a hint of tan, not burnt), but I'm naturally on the pale side... not porcelain pale, but a fairer complexion that the average person. It's also really hard for me to keep my tan.. cause it just goes away after a while :smile:

I find that being too pale can be quite "goth" looking :unsure:

Originally posted by luna@Jun 26th, 2004 - 2:42 pm
I have no other choice but pale... I don't tan... if anything i turn pink or red in the sun... ooorrr i get freckles.. maybe if i stay out in the sun long enough, i'll get so many freckles it'll look like tan.
:lol: awh freckle tan

I live at the beach so I'm tan, my friends are tan, my neighbors are tan... I think a lot of people overdo it though. I dont tan easily but I'm at the beach almost every day so I have a good enough tan for me. But I think pale skin looks better on some people, it just depends on the person.

I love tan skin, but I am fair-skinned... maybe if I was very tan, it'd be the opposite. :rolleyes:

I don't REALLY mind it either way, as long as they're not to the extreme - super pale so the person looks sickly, or super tan, and all the person looks like is one bronze sheet with two eyes (Tara Reid and Lindsay Lohan as of late have been evidence of this)...

Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with hair colour - if you have light hair, I'd rather the person be paler, rather than tan. If you have dark hair, you can go tan, but still, not TOO tan (Nicky Hilton sometimes does this).

Right now, I've been trying to watch my skintone this year, (I'm mixed-Asian, so I tan pretty easily) because I'm going to get my hair coloured lighter than normal, so I don't want to become too tan.

I think some of the most beautiful women, though, have been combinations of dark hair, and pale skin - Andrea Corr (see picture), Angelina Jolie...etc.

On men, it doesn't REALLY matter, again, as long as they're not to the extremes. A little tan is good, but a nice healthy flush is nice to see as well. But I certainly don't mind seeing men with some little sun-related freckles on their shoulders - it's cute. :D

Originally posted by Ms. Diorella+Jun 26th, 2004 - 2:28 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ms. Diorella @ Jun 26th, 2004 - 2:28 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-carola@Jun 26th, 2004 - 1:44 pm

Use sunblock, the suns rays dry your skin out along with all the other dangers such as skin cancer etc, if you can get a tan in 20 mins without it your skin must tan pretty well, it wouldn't take much longer to tan with sunblock.

Sorry to sound like your mother hehe :P but i'm a real believer in sunblock.[/b][/quote]

i know.. it's just that i use it for like one day or two and then kinda forget about it afterwards.. i should start now while i'm still young, if not i'll end up with Elle Macpherson's skin :yuk:

I like this skin colour.
(Check pick below).
I'm porcelain-pale all year around, unless I use self tanner (which doesn't always end up well..)
I do like the slightly tanned look, though.

I'm of the pale eastern-euro stock, and I sort of have a thing for dark men. I love the look of their skin against mine.

-Pale can make a person look almost sick and unhealthy, but on some people it's attractive. Delicate, soft, sophisticated...

-Overly tan can make one look like a leather skin. However, darker tans (paired with the correct hair color, etc. etc. etc.) can make a person look exotic, exciting, and attractive as well.

I think it really depends on what look a person is going for, what their lifestyle is, how well they tan (or don't tan) in the sun...etc. I don't think one skintone is more beautiful over another. That's like asking me which shoes I like more: heels or flats...each has it's own uniqueness and purpose!

Me, I'm in between fair skinned and tan. I burn if I don't wear sunscreen, and it takes me awhile to develop a tan. I never overdo it...just enough to make me glow! :smile: So, I've chosen the best of both worlds: pale in the winter and tan in the summer; I coordinate my wardrobe, makeup, etc. to complement my skin tone at the time.

I am pretty pale and burn easily. It is harder for me to get a tan, but with work I can develop one (it doesn't stay for too long). I like healthy tans because they make you look slimmer and bare legs and arms look better with some color instead of pasty. Nicole Kidman and Julianne Moore look good with very fair skin though.

I prefer pale skin on me, the more ghostly the better...I have spent years perfecting my 'moon tan'. :wink:

As for guys, I don't really care.

~Amara ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->