Pop Fall/Winter 09.10 : Tavi Williams with Artwork by Damien Hirst

This issue looks incredible so far. And so much better than I was expecting.

i'm love what i'm seeing so far. i love the photography of Kinga's ed. plus Stam and Lily Cole's ed. is nice! also The Chanels. :smile:

Wow. I LOVE everything, especially Kinga's edit.

Where has anybody purchased it? I hope Barnes and Noble has it, they used to carry the magazine when it was still being published, so I hope they will pick it up again and carry it! I need this!

Here's the Contents, Backstory etc. At the end of the contents you can also see the other covers that are out.

scanned in by me

oK ... thanks fearless ...

really REALLY excited by these upcoming Bufallo anniversary ....

but Tavi cover as iconic as Felix cover by Mr. Morgan ?
not even 50% sure of this ... but only time will tell ...

do like that they write about the backstory ...

for ppl who don't know what Bufallo is, I suggest you ALL to check the thread we have here at tfs about Ray Petri !
it's a gold mine !

Oh, I hope other stores will carry the Ed Ruscha cover. It sucks that it's limited edition. I wonder if we can pre-order online... POP is kind of a dream come true for art fans who are also a fan of fashion.

WOW, I just finally checked out all the editorials and can't believe how lovely and impressive the photography and clothing spread are!! Dreamy lighting, interesting stories- especially love the pastel hair-styles in:
This is Pop World, Free Your Mind, Put Your Head Back in the Clouds and Start the Ch-Ch-Ch-Change
with Model: Kinga Rajzak
by Photographer: Viviane Sassen

I also wanted to say for it's worth- that I often don't post many comments on the fashion spot because it seems that a lot of people on here are arguing just for argument sake. Always saying how they "hate covers," etc...
I think that Pop has obviously succeeded in stirring up a nice debate on fashion art and youth here. And I'd like to add that as a child under ten I created countless fashion illustrations and mock magazines, paperdolls and eventually started a tshirt design factory out of my parents garage at 11. I felt out of place in Ohio and dreamed of NYC, where all the magazines my mother let my buy seemed to be centered around. At 17 I went to Parsons for a fashion Illustration summer program and met other kids who felt the same way. If only I was a product of today , imagine what I could have done!! I would've loved as a kid to be encouraged to make a blog, reach other creative people- make Zines -(kids in music and bands and even models start out this young all the time)
I guess my point is don't begrudge someone's creative efforts or spirit cause "they are just a kid" what a perfect age to already know what you LOVE doing. As an artist I can say that art is subjective, and since it's never going to be the same thing to everyone why bother arguing with such fierce energy. p.s. thanks to all of you who scanned the big editorial spreads-!!

This looks like a great issue. Thanks for scanning all the eds.

From Tavi to Cicciolina?:rofl:
I love spent!The colors in that editorial...i'm in love.
Thanks for the scans.

Last edited by a moderator:
this issue looks seriously amazing, especially the editorial with hanne in it. i love all the colours.

art is subjective, and since it's never going to be the same thing to everyone why bother arguing with such fierce energy

Because if everyone saved that fierce energy and stopped sharing in debate, then tfs would simply become a wilderness of scans - it's people and their interactions that makes tfs what it is. The notion of subjectivity as a reason to stop sharing opinions... subjectivity is what makes opinions so damn interesting to read!

oke let say it like this : i can not wait to get the issue that i can see the naomi campbell editorial :wink:

Here's two single shots, still trying to scan the rest.

Back on Board
Model: Irina Lazareanu
Photographer: Tung Walsh

Polariod/Accessories
Celeb: Sara Brajovic
Photographer: Fiona Scarry

scanned in by me

These new scans are great. Nice to see Irina doing some work. This issue seems really good.

The Return of the Independent Spirit
Model: Anna, Kaya, Deana, Laila, Heather
Photographer: Jason Evans

scanned in by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"