Prada for H&M?

helena

Swim Upstream
Reaction score
PRADA FOR H&M
spacer.gif
MIUCCIA PRADA for H & M? Oh please let it be true. The rumour that the Italian fashion house is to follow Karl Lagerfeld and Stella McCartney's hugely successful collaborations with the Swedish store has surfaced again, but still they're saying nothing. "We don't know anything yet and we're not expecting to know for some months," a spokeswoman for H&M, which yesterday announced a 21 per cent rise in profits for the first fiscal quarter of 2006 to £134 million, said. Asked last year whether she would consider the idea of working with H&M, Miuccia told VOGUE.COM that she wasn't anti it. "I have talked about it as they did ask me," she said. "I think it is an interesting concept and I would love to work on an entire collection using inexpensive materials." Her only reservation is that she would be opposed to "the idea of copying the main collection straight out", stipulating that it should "be treated as a whole new collection". H&M's company’s design chief, Margareta van den Bosch, has indicated that Muiccia Prada is one of her favourite designers, and that she is keen to recruit a designer who can also do menswear (Have you seen Prada's star print men's shirts, Marg?). Fervant fashion followers caused chaos at the launch of Stella MacCartney's line at H & M's Oxford Circus flagship store last November, with crowds gathering outside in the early hours of the morning and fighting to get their hands on the fashion gold dust. The chance of an affordable piece of Prada will no doubt see the scenes repeated. (March 30 2006, AM)

Stephen Doig

from www.vogue.co.uk

hahaha, we were discussing how cool (and appropriate) Prada for h&m could be.. this Prada guy is a genious

i dont support indie designers for h&m, but lux labels, yes,
let them have a piece of the mass market cake,
brings out their true roots
h&m would 'copy' them anyway, why not make a bit more buzzzzz :D

I love this! she would create an even greater buzz than stella did last year. i really hope this is true......

Why can't it be Nicolas Ghesquière? *insert moping smiley*
Yeah, Miuccia is great and all, but I fear something really dreadful like Miu Miu Fall 06 - or worse, Prada Fall 06 :ninja:

The_Ida said:
Why can't it be Nicolas Ghesquière? *insert moping smiley*
Yeah, Miuccia is great and all, but I fear something really dreadful like Miu Miu Fall 06 - or worse, Prada Fall 06 :ninja:

...with the exception that all the nylon and fur is going to be fake and cheap-looking (not that I approve the use of real fur)... :lol:

...oh, and the Prada-triangle will be re-made especially for H&Ms, but in plastic... :rolleyes:

tricotineacetat said:
...with the exception that all the nylon and fur is going to be fake and cheap-looking (not that I approve the use of real fur)... :lol:
I just can't wait to get that faux fur-sleeved polyester coat for £90. And the faux fur helmet is gonna fly off the shelves.

Haha, I love your catastrophic visions but in fact I'd looove this news to be true. Please, Miuccia, please... ^_^

I liked some of Karl's designs for Hennes & Mauritz, but Stella's were a huge,enormous disappointment.

I'm not sure if I'm excited about this. I like Prada, but I'm not sure what H&M would do to it. We'll see.

Ill judge an opinion on it when i se it .. all though my opinion of prada has gone way down resently as prada is the new lacoste .. the brand of choice for scallys/chavs :( so so so sad so i can see them going mad for it.

doesnt miuccia have an army of designers working for her? therefore im not really impressed with the choice. i would have much preferred someone with a singular vision.

The Prada look is rather simple, I would if it would translate as intresting at all in a watered down way. But if they did it more like Miu Miu it mighnt be cool.

Sounds like it could be interesting, but I dunno. The high-end designer collabs. with H&M seem to be very hit-or-miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->