Prada for H&M?

MizBlue said:
I'm all for this mass market venture..But my issue is ..they don't make enough to go around, and its only in select stores..where you have to travel miles to get to a store to buy the merchandise if at all its available.

So while I'm all for the high-end designers going mainstream, It turns me off when I can't get a piece of the pie. IMO

it should come to chicago :D They have like 4 stores out here and 2 are like on two streets apart :lol:

Has anyone heard that Miuccia is going to design? Im dying to know! :flower:

I might have missed this, and if I did....Im' sorry:flower:

But if and when this happens, will it be Select Stores only, and if so which ones?

I really don't want this to happen. Prada has already had its image tainted because of such things as rap videos, etc. *If* they do work with H&M, I'm positive that the rush of people will be equal to, or greater than when Lagerfeld released his there. (we all know how that turned out, in the end. :innocent: ).

sstrang said:
I really don't want this to happen. Prada has already had its image tainted because of such things as rap videos, etc. *If* they do work with H&M, I'm positive that the rush of people will be equal to, or greater than when Lagerfeld released his there. (we all know how that turned out, in the end. :innocent: ).

it was WAY worse when stella designed than when karl did. when karl did, i could get in the store, when stella did, the line went around the block hours before the store opened.

From Miuccia's interview with New York Magazine:

What about all these rumors about your working with H&M?
They’ve asked me. I always said no, not because I don’t like the idea, I just don’t like the idea of doing bad copies of what I’m doing. And I don’t have the time, and maybe even the ability, to do a collection with them. If you want to do a collection that costs less, you have to do it with different materials and different ideas.

Why do other people do it?
I don’t know. Because of course they’re attracted by the fame you can get. Just because you want to do something new that people talk about. I don’t know how much real interest there is in doing fashion that is not expensive but is creative.
You can read the rest of the interview here

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm...knowing the type of designer Miuccia is, I don't think she'll end doing anything for H&M.

Organic: where was the location of the store you went to? Because the one in NY sold out the first day the collection was available in stores.

sstrang said:

Being a black individual how has "Rap" music tainted prada?

I apologize for the vagueness of my comment. What I meant was that Prada, much like Gucci, is one of those labels that is constantly being used in the lyrics of songs, particularly rap. While I do not necessarily dislike rap, the unfortunate truth of the matter is that often times people associate rap with crime and people of lower social status. By having labels such as Prada being used by people who are stereotyped as being gangsters, drug dealers, etc., it detracts from the high status of the label. And my main argument was that due to the constant mentioning of Prada within a musical genre often times looked down upon, working with H&M would only further detract from the high status and exclusivity of the Prada label.

sstrang said:
I apologize for the vagueness of my comment. What I meant was that Prada, much like Gucci, is one of those labels that is constantly being used in the lyrics of songs, particularly rap. While I do not necessarily dislike rap, the unfortunate truth of the matter is that often times people associate rap with crime and people of lower social status. By having labels such as Prada being used by people who are stereotyped as being gangsters, drug dealers, etc., it detracts from the high status of the label. And my main argument was that due to the constant mentioning of Prada within a musical genre often times looked down upon, working with H&M would only further detract from the high status and exclusivity of the Prada label.

Yea im soo sorry for taking it that way. Usually when someone says something like that around here, its like an indirect racial comment. Im sorry i guess i got a little carried away :( It tends to happen often i guess when one is surrounded with such problems lol

Though it's good for business for the house of prada in a business stand point but this idea seems to leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

High end luxury designs gives that unattainable appeal but with these recent collaborations....I dunno...

MIUCCIA ISNT DOING H&M!!!!!!! ok this what i found in another thread

CS- What about all these rumors about your working with H&M?
MP- They’ve asked me. I always said no, not because I don’t like the idea, I just don’t like the idea of doing bad copies of what I’m doing. And I don’t have the time, and maybe even the ability, to do a collection with them. If you want to do a collection that costs less, you have to do it with different materials and different ideas.

an excerpt taken from nymetro.com you can read the whole thing in http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/designers-collections/42814-prada-armada-nymetro.html

Last edited by a moderator:
^ that's not a "no"..and i'm sure they've reused an interview from a thousand years ago...

sstrang said:
hmm...knowing the type of designer Miuccia is, I don't think she'll end doing anything for H&M.

Organic: where was the location of the store you went to? Because the one in NY sold out the first day the collection was available in stores.

boston. for lagerfeld, it was like few people knew about it, and for stella, it was a mob scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->