Prada Menswear S/S 2025 Milan

When you’re lost up your own a**, so you think it’s a good idea to steal from Loewe (shameful copy/paste), and Demna’s Balenciaga (the ballet slippers, the treated collars as if wind-blown etc etc) but still the overall result looks boring and dull because you can’t help yourself but to make everything boring and dull.
Miuccia herself was the best look.

The long, winding road to... uncertainty? Hesitation?

Sometimes with Prada you need a minute so rushing to immediate conclusions can make you feel like you've got egg on your face when the penny loafer finally drops.
But to hell with it! Gut reaction.

- über slim proportions -- shrunken, adoloescent. Tres Raffers.
- chemical brights. Again a hint of childhood, like stretched out Lego men. Interesting when mixed in with superfine worsteds in melange grey.
- ultra flat shoes. What works with this proportion in terms of trouser leg width or length is TBD but the argument to wean us from lug-soled shoes gets more convincing each season.
- summer tweed herringbone. Curious to see up close IRL.
- the logo non logo: a cut-out triangle. Would be sexy to see that treatment where they typically go on a breast pocket. Naughty.
- double-zip combinaison de travail worn under tailoring. Workwear with workwear. Blue collar with white collar. Hmph.

No Likes:
- über slim proportions -- we're not all rake-slim! A tough call for any man over 25.
- chemical brights. I need time.
- ultra flat shoes. Ditto.
- double-zip combinaison de travail worn under tailoring. Workwear with workwear. An old trick played out?

However in approximately 30 minutes I'm going to be lusting over (it) all. Probably.

The long, winding road to... uncertainty? Hesitation?

Sometimes with Prada you need a minute so rushing to immediate conclusions can make you feel like you've got egg on your face when the penny loafer finally drops.
But to hell with it! Gut reaction.

- über slim proportions -- shrunken, adoloescent. Tres Raffers.
- chemical brights. Again a hint of childhood, like stretched out Lego men. Interesting when mixed in with superfine worsteds in melange grey.
- ultra flat shoes. What works with this proportion in terms of trouser leg width or length is TBD but the argument to wean us from lug-soled shoes gets more convincing each season.
- summer tweed herringbone. Curious to see up close IRL.
- the logo non logo: a cut-out triangle. Would be sexy to see that treatment where they typically go on a breast pocket. Naughty.
- double-zip combinaison de travail worn under tailoring. Workwear with workwear. Blue collar with white collar. Hmph.

No Likes:
- über slim proportions -- we're not all rake-slim! A tough call for any man over 25.
- chemical brights. I need time.
- ultra flat shoes. Ditto.
- double-zip combinaison de travail worn under tailoring. Workwear with workwear. An old trick played out?

However in approximately 30 minutes I'm going to be lusting over (it) all. Probably.
Hahahha! I think in 30 minutes you’ll realize that the stuff you “like” is just boring and trite, as Prada has been for years now.

Miuccia looks good!
I don’t know if men still look up to Prada for fashion. I know it’s not a brand I see often and even the most fashionable of my friends aren’t buying her menswear.

She really needs to restart MiuMiu menswear.

This collection lost me, first look was super Prada 90’ / 00’ and some of the silhouettes / pieces were desirable and stylish ( crumpled suits, some knitwear etc.) but then you got this parade of Raf’s go-to nonsense: leather hoodies, plastic jumpsuits, this ridiculous trompe loeil belts etc. Shame, another chance for a decent collection wasted.

I don’t know if men still look up to Prada for fashion. I know it’s not a brand I see often and even the most fashionable of my friends aren’t buying her menswear.

She really needs to restart MiuMiu menswear.
Miu Miu menswear already relaunched recently. Very low-key with a small selection and insane pricing. I think they're testing the waters before a full relaunch.

I can definitely see the Miu Miu vibe in this Prada collection too, it's very youthful. Given my extremely low expectations for Prada menswear, it wasn't all THAT bad. There were some elements which I found interesting but overall it's again too much Raf for me.
The collections in the stores are always extremely boring, executed in low cost materials and still with that triangle everywhere. Add again absolutely insane pricing so yes I absolutely wonder who is still buying this....

I can see why the vintage/resale market is thriving TBH, there's still some interesting vintage Prada and Miu Miu menswear to be found.

I'm kind of... surprised.
This is one of the first Prada menswear collections that I look at with disappointment. I feel like we've seen this collection before, and nothing presented in a new or exciting way.

It feels like H&M does Prada.

the voluminous trousers with the shrunken tops are quite lovely, the tension works most of the time and you can see some prada's mens FW08 and Raf's FW05 history of my world in there which is nice, but its all so juvenile and too nostalgic. its disappointing to see a designer like raf, who used to be great, doing a parody of himself and miuccia's work.

even if his past work was informed by youth culture it still worked in a grown man wardrobe: summa cum laude, closer and riot riot riot were all about youth but men over the age of 35 could still enjoy those collections. this collection is so unachieved, childish, contrived, limited and sterile, from the colour combinations and goofy overalls to the awful footwear paired with the shapeless little boy tailoring (like seriously ?? would it hurt to send a few suits with a beautiful shoulder and a full chest ??)

i cant see this existing beyond the runway and influencing they way men dress. in the end all raf is saying to us, with these clothes, is that he's completely lost touch with youth culture and cant come to terms with his own aging which is a shame bc id love to see him making clothes for someone over the age of 25

on another note: i LOVE kpop and kdramas but i cant stand kdrama/kpop stans in the comments saying corny sh*t like "thanks prada for taking care of our beautiful prince 😍" ugh f*ck off stop infantilising grown men and go stream nct - 2 baddies and leave the fashion comments alone

I will be in the minority, but I like it. It looks like a mix of current and older Prada. I really like the colour palette, absence of too many unnecessary gimmicks and a not so monochrome look like many previous collections. Trompe-l'œil pants and knitwear are good, playful and not too try-hard. All pants in general here are good.

The casting I don't like, but that is a problem of many brands now. I miss when young and lanky men were mixed with more masculine ones and also more mature guys.

I am afraid their menswear has become formulaic rather than directional.. this time, pretty much a rehash of (vintage) Miu Miu menswear with crayola accents (which they have been throwing in the last few seasons though I'm not sure anyone is that crazy about those shades of purple and green) and Raf's typical 'techno' touch. I suppose they'll mix it up for the womenswear as they always do, but at this point they should also venture into some other parts of Prada menswear, 'cause while the neatly presented separates may look 'nice' on KPOP stars, they don't really feel like a distinct fashion proposition. Also, what's up with the footwear.. I get that they're pushing down-to-earth footwear after years of steroid soles, but can we still have some oomph?! A fab mandal like they used to do, or just a laceup/loafer that is somewhat elevated in terms of design? Overall, it could - and should - be better, as we saw a year ago (SS24 was probably their strongest joint effort in my opinion).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->