Proenza Schouler for Target

target shoes

IMG_0213.jpg

I begged someone to tell me where they bought these at a New Years party and once I found out I was elated. They were under $25 and they are from Target. The only problem I have found with the Target Designer Threads is they aren't cut as well, without addressing the fabric quality

Being a starving artist (and by artist, okay, I really mean jobless student) I am pretty geeked up about Luella Bartley and Proenza Schouler making clothes I can actually afford instead of just lust after in a magazine.

ps is doing VERY good for themselves if they're already doing a line for target. i dont know their whole biography but they're quite relatively young in the game, no? and to get this so fast? amazing i say.

anyone have any pictures of the luella line?

in my opinion some of the isaac stuff at target is overpriced for the quality it is..

despite.. i'll be staking out Target HQ waiting for this to happen

:doh: Seems like an awful idea to me. Most people have no idea what Proenza Schouler is and will not care that it's coming to Target. And just...ugh... :wacko:

I agree, most people don't know how to pronounce Proenza Schouler, let alone know their design concept. I don't know about them doing "very good," a boutique owner friend of mine says, "she can't give away Proenza Schouler." However, I'd being interested in seeing how they translate to a low end line.

i would definitely go there and buy as well, if i'd only live in the US.....

AlexN said:
:doh: Seems like an awful idea to me. Most people have no idea what Proenza Schouler is and will not care that it's coming to Target. And just...ugh... :wacko:

Some people here thought Issac was a brand for Target just like Mossimo is, not an actual designer. :huh:

I would have never expected PS to do a Target line...just doesn't seem to fit....but I'd love to see it all the same.

poshglam said:
I begged someone to tell me where they bought these at a New Years party and once I found out I was elated. They were under $25 and they are from Target. The only problem I have found with the Target Designer Threads is they aren't cut as well, without addressing the fabric quality

posh don't do it! please don't buy those shoes. I tried those on while in target recently and i think the shoes are made of razors! the pain was unbearable! and i was standing still. those shoes were actually a steve madden copy so try those. i know the madden pair was leather. the target pair was made of some hideous foot-killing vinyl.

I am imagining poorly made bustier tops. Or maybe thin strapped, empire wasted, 3/4 quarter dresses in slinkly but unflattering fabric. Of course the "classic" Proenza Schouler look offered with a much lower standard and price point. I think it will end up being a farce on PS than an actual celebratory lower priced commodity. I hope they don't do this.

target shoes are alright. but the problem is the sole is made of plastic, and are very slippery.

for issaac's target line he uses pig leather instead of calf leather. they dont publicize this of course.

whorelikedior said:
ps is doing VERY good for themselves if they're already doing a line for target. i dont know their whole biography but they're quite relatively young in the game, no? and to get this so fast? amazing i say.

anyone have any pictures of the luella line?

there's another thread about this with descriptions.

Kimkhuu said:
Are all designers going insane these days?

True fashion is about art and creativity, not mass consumption...

I totally agree, I am so tired of these commercial collaborations:yuk:

Last edited by a moderator:
lucy92 said:
target shoes are alright. but the problem is the sole is made of plastic, and are very slippery.

for issaac's target line he uses pig leather instead of calf leather. they dont publicize this of course.

Kate Spade uses it too (and I have a piece). I've always liked the way it looks.

I am neutral on PS designing a line for Target. I love love love Target for cheap finds, but somehow all these high end designers developing lower priced clothing/accessories will become overkill. I think a lower end line sold at say, H & M, or Bloomingdales or something might work better for PS. Somewhat like KORS by Michael Kors, or Marc by Marc Jacobs. I love PS and from what i've seen i've really loved, so I dont want them to sell out so early.

Either way, ill be looking at Target for it! :blush:

I hope we don't have a repeat of what happened with Stella McCartney's Line in H&M. Everyone takes everything the first day, and it's all gone. It only really benefits the designers and those who can afford to take the day off and get to the stores...

I never even got to see the Stella McCartney....it was gone when I got to H&M.

FrockRadar8 said:
I hope we don't have a repeat of what happened with Stella McCartney's Line in H&M. Everyone takes everything the first day, and it's all gone. It only really benefits the designers and those who can afford to take the day off and get to the stores...

I hope the same thing as well. I'm not too worried about it, actually. I saw quite a bit of Fiorucci still left over awhile after it first came out, but I wasn't too impressed by the things that I saw there. It could just be the neighborhood - I don't live in a very fashionable neighborhood, I have to go downtown for all my needs. :rolleyes: Stella was only for select H&M's but there are numerous Targets so maybe you'll have good luck? I hope so. I'm curious to see how this looks.

AlexN said:

The clothes may not be so bad...but I have to agree, the idea is awful. Most people who shop at Target have no clue who the duo is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerdays
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->