Proenza Schouler for Target

fashionologie said:
i'm hearing that proenza is working with target after all -- they're the next designer after tara jarmon...

i trust you! you've probably got great sources!

well, the line is called GO INTERNATIONAL... where would proenza schouler fit in that? i doubt they'd go to new york, this IS america after all... if they truly are featuring PS it would probably be the last collection in the series.

http://www.janemag.com/fashion/blogs/fashion/2006/04/fashion_targets.html

A while back I polled all of the fashion people at Jane to see who they thought the next designer for Target Go International would be. The only clue we had was that it would be a French designer. Guesses ranged from Sonia Rykiel and Isabel Marant to Margiela. The answer came in the mail today: Paul & Joe. —Catherine

from a jane magazine staffer apparently

What's next?

Arturo21 said:
Martin Margiela for Target :rolleyes:
I have a few more to add:
Chanel for Kmart
Tiffany for Rubbermaid
Eames for Office Depot

Anyone have more to add to the list?B)

I thought of a few more...

Steinbeck for Star Magazine
I.M. Pei for McDonald's (new stores)
Lacroix for Walmart
Versace for Forever 21
Corbusier for Ikea
Cartier for Swatch
Coca Cola for Shasta
Rolls Royce for Hyundai
Dyson for Eureka

OK, I am out of control, but there are so many possibilities!
Cheers, Rachel

I would like this collbaroation. I think that it will sell a lot. Those guys seem like they can easily reach the target consumer

JJohnson said:
Those guys seem like they can easily reach the target consumer
hahaha...target consumer.... get it ... hahahaa...... :rofl: .... weeeeee!! ...

:rolleyes:

i hope this is true... i really hope this is true. I love proenza schouler. I like luella bartley, but her stuff seemed kind of too "young" for me and i think i would enjoy schouler much more.

from wwd
http://wwd.com/search/article/105466?query=%26%23034%3Bluella+bartley%26%23034%3B

In recent months, there has been speculation about the duo mulling a deal to create a collection for Target's Go International program, which launched in February with a capsule collection by London designer Luella Bartley. Addressing the rumors, McCollough said: "As of now, we are focused on Proenza Schouler. We're not working on any secondary lines or working for other people." (Last year, the duo designed a limited-edition watch for Movado.)

Hernandez added that if any brand offered them a deal that "would help our own business, we would entertain it."

and NOT the only young american designer...

:wink:

Even though I'd be the first on-line to buy PS for Target, I have to wonder if it's the best brand strategy right now. They're relatively new designers, establishing their place in the mid-range RTW. Why mess that up with creating a cheap line? Do PS really think Target teens are going to grow up to be loyal customers.

Then again, I'm sure that there would be a lot of money in it for them...that might be incentive enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->