Libertine for Target

I dropped back into target again and picked up that lace shirt with the back buttons in black, the apron cami top in dark green --its a lighter fabric than the white one and doesn't have the eyelet pattern. I also got the green and blue striped tunic/dress. I just order the vest below online

target.com
ztargetvestje1.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and review, abbyroad! Suddenly I'm interested in that blouse.

Thanks for the pictures, abbyroad - you look great!
Now I can't wait for my online order to arrive.....

went to target today. tried on the bib dress as well as the skull vest. meeh.

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

the dress was kinda tight fitting on the shoulder part. not too crazy about it. the vest print is not my thing i guess. i ended up getting the dress but not sure if i'll keep it~ it looks better than it does on the pictures (i look pregnant!)

my stuff finally came in the mail today. i got the violet striped shirtdress and the lacy top with the buttons down the back, in black. i love the black top!

the dress is super cute but i will probably need to shorten it. it also kind of reminds me of french revolution era pajamas...but that's not necessarily a bad thing! :P

my first shipment from target arrived and i am loving it all! - the black dress, lace blouse, tea-stain blouse and pink/red cardigan.

the dress fits perfect - i am usually a size 4 (sometimes 6, depending on the designer) and the 5 fits me perfect. it was a little more difficult getting off than on, as reported. i thought it was going to be too short for me, but i like the length, actually.

the tea-stain blouse is also very cute - i wore it yesterday! (and received lots of compliments) i ordered the small, and was worried with all the talk about libertine for target running small, but the small fits perfect. the medium would have been way too big. this blouse is very long though. i am 5'7", and can imagine if you are shorter, it might look weird.

the lace blouse is also very cute. again, i think this runs tts. i ordered the small, and it fits perfect. it is shorter - hits at the natural waist, but i like that. i agree it would be great for work. i loved it so much i also ordered it in black. :wink:

the cardigan is really cute as well. a very thin, light sweater.

i also ordered the stripe bib dress, black lace blouse, black cotton blouse, scarves and red/pink stripe dress. the rest is shipping separately.

i think the quality is pretty good for the price. the line isn't the best fabrics, but for target and these prices, it seems reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lace blouse with buttons at the back is getting quite a bit of exposure from the fashion mags.
It appeared in this Elle Aug 07 as well as Glamour Aug 07, that may explain why it sold out so quickly.

I just received my order of the horizontal stripe dresses, one in blue/green and one in pink/red. They seem to run big IMO and sleeves are a bit extra poofy, am hoping that it will fall a bit. I really like the blue/green, it's pretty cute and will probably keep it.

I'm getting frustrated. Everyone else has received their stuff. I'm still waiting for my jeans which were supposed to come today but didn't and my cream lace shirt shows it still hasn't even shipped!

I just rec'd the striped shirtdress and am pretty underwhelmed. It's going back.

The striped shirtdress reminded me a little too much of my grandma's nightgown so it stayed on the rack at the store.

I got my first box of stuff as well.. I am undecided on keeping the tea-stained cornucopia-print shirt as well as the violet striped shirtdress.
They both look cute, but the material is kinda stiff but the printed shirt does look cute with a pair of high-waisted jeans that I have.
The shirtdress in XS was a more acceptable fit, but it was a tad tight around the shoulders, so I'll have to think about it.

I also managed to take photos of the magazines which featured the white buttoned shirt, and apologize for the poor quality!

(Photo of magazine taken by me, Elle US version August 2007 and Glamour US version August 2007)

Attachments

• elle_aug07.jpg
    elle_aug07.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 37
  • glamouyr_aug07.jpg
    glamouyr_aug07.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 39
I wore the blue/green striped tunic/tube dress last night to a private shopping event at a boutique and got tons of compliments. It is really comfortable, and is not the shirt dress people are discussing. It has big blocks of horizontal blue and green stripes, with slightly puff short sleeves and one button in back (like the tees). Even my husband lives it, and he's very picky about fashion.

I've received part of my order with an estimated ship date in Sept?!? for the rest of it. Anyone know if Target ever cancels?

Anyways, so far I've received & am keeping the raven tank in grey, the skeleton lady tank, and the ivory tee shirt with the tree in medium. The red and white stripped bow shirt in medium was too small, but I liked it so I might reorder it in large. I thought the buttons were subtle and cute with the rhinstone and they could always be switched out. I'm planning on using that for a layering piece anyways.

I also got the crepe dress in an 11, and it fits well, I'm about a 36C, the hip area is very loose. I thought its great as a church or maybe even work dress. The tee shirt quality in this line is great, much better then I've seen before. I was wearing a shirt from Barney's and I thought they were of comparable quality. I am planning on not putting them in the dry though - hang drying them - just so I don't have to deal with shrinkage. The tee shirt with the tree is cut a little long but for the price I don't care - I may even take it to a tailor to shorten. The items aren't too see through either, which I find to usually be a problem with light colored tops.

All in all I'm in love with this collection and dying for my other items - the tea stained top and two scarves to arrive. This is also the first Target Go collection that I'm actually buying from.

Anyone tried on the jackets?

I wore the blue/green striped tunic/tube dress last night to a private shopping event at a boutique and got tons of compliments. It is really comfortable, and is not the shirt dress people are discussing. It has big blocks of horizontal blue and green stripes, with slightly puff short sleeves and one button in back (like the tees). Even my husband lives it, and he's very picky about fashion.

How is the length of the tunic/dress? I'm worried about it being too short to wear as a dress. I wouldn't say I have long legs but I am 5'7".

I emailed target about why everyone else is receiving their creme lace shirts while mine still has not shipped. Apparently the size I ordered-medium- is on back order. The rep said they were still trying to find out from the supplier when more would be available. It sucks worse because after buying the black shirt in small, I think the creme shirt may be too big in a medium but since it's apparently sold out I'm hoping I at least get the medium.

To make matters worse my jeans were supposed to come yesterday and still haven't arrived. I'm waiting to hear back from target about it. I've ordered many times from target without issues. This time I must be cursed or something.

How is the length of the tunic/dress? I'm worried about it being too short to wear as a dress. I wouldn't say I have long legs but I am 5'7".

I have very long legs for my height, but I am 5 ft 2 (they are almost the same length as my 5ft 11 husband and it fit me fine as a dress, I thought about perhaps getting it even hemmed a bit, but don't want to be tarty. It hit about 2 inches above my knees. When you walk (especially with a handbag on your shoulder), it may ride up a bit, but it wasn't a problem for me, and I don't wear things too short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->