Libertine for Target

ughhh i so want to go to target and look a round!
i NEVER get to go when they have the good collections? the past ones? in sweden.
now?
in nyc,... no targets here!

i thought the crepe dress was adorable, but fit really tiny in the shoulders and big in the hips, and im really petite on top, and big on the bottom and it just fit weird.

I personally thought the dress fit tighter in the hips than anywhere else. Maybe I just have wide hips. :lol:

haven't seen the crepe dress at any of the 3 targets i've gone to so far. all within a 5 mile radius. heh.

the didn't have the black crepe dress at my target :(

also the blouse that buttons in the back looked a bit too boxy to me..
didn't even bother to try it on..

i left empty handed, and i'm thinking i probably won't be buying anything from this collection...

OMG -- I just ordered more stuff and my stuff hasn't even arrived. I was reading the reviews of the shirtdress and people were saying it fit very big. So I just ordered an XS in both shirtdresses (I've already ordered them in S). I'll just send back whatever doesn't fit...

I got a tank yesterday that has the bird on it. It's soft. I didn't like the other pieces they had in the store.

the crepe dress is really weird in it's fit. the waist is really tiny, and the shoulders makes the dress VERY difficult to get off once it's one,since the material is a very heavy polyster crepe with no give. it's supposed to look fitted, like a 1960's shift kinda....but they really should have placed a zipper somewhere in it besides the side. a back zipper should have been lovely. so sad, because the look is so cute...

Ugh! I checked two Targets around my area on the 15th. One target didn't carry the Go! Internation collection, and the other Target still had the Patrick Robinson collection stocked.

I want to check again today. I REALLY want to get that crepe dress, the cream silk bow blouse, and the Libertine scarf. I think I may just order off the internet, though I'm a bit concerned about the crepe dress now.

^ Honestly, I wouldn't recommend purchasing the crepe dress online unless you're willing to return it. It's such a strange fit, like jun3machina said, that you'd have to try it on in order to determine what size you'd need.

hmmm... ive been thinking, and i really dont love any pieces in this collection...=\

How is the quality?

I haven't been able to go to a target store yet, but the only problem with the go! international lines is that the quality is questionable.

Can anyone tell me how much the cotton tree shirt shrinks after washing? I'm not sure what size I should keep (I got both S and M). The S fits better but I'm afraid it'll fit too tightly after washing.

I do like the quality of cotton tee shirt and tanks. I bought the cream skeleton tank and the gray bird tank, and the short sleeved striped button down with the bow. I also got the crepe dress. Unfortunately, you can't see the nice cut of the dress in the pictures. The belt that comes with it looks super cheap, so I might switch it out with my skinny white patent leather belt. This line was better than I thought it would be. You can mix and match the items better than the past collections.

I got the crepe dress. It's actually pretty lovely, and I think I will go back for the bow blouse and the cornucopia scarf another day. I'm kind of disappointed that they used polyester crepe for the dress, oh well.

I ended up getting it in a size 1, which fits me perfectly. I have a weird body type in that I have NO CURVES WHATSOEVER. (30-28-32) It is pretty tricky to get on/off, though.

i was trying to order the cream lace top with the back bow but it says it is not in stock :-( were any of you able to order it?

i was trying to order the cream lace top with the back bow but it says it is not in stock :-( were any of you able to order it?

I successfully ordered that blouse but is says it will not ship until September. I'm going to be super-pissed if I suddenly get an email saying it's out of stock. I ordered it online so I wouldn't have to hunt it down at various stores. Now I may have to go out and see if I can find it just in case.

This collection is exceeding my expectations. There is now an adorable striped vest online that I hadn't seen before.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the quality?

I haven't been able to go to a target store yet, but the only problem with the go! international lines is that the quality is questionable.

The quality was actually quite decent, though my only complaint is the lack of stretch in certain items. Then again, the Gap is luxury to me, so my opinion may not be too realistic. :wink::lol:

I think that the quality of the items is great! The fabrics are very delicate and soft to the touch. I think that the fit is straight forward: sleeves run long and skinny, coats run smaller in the bust (so that they look good), and shoulders are narrow to create a faux cap sleeve.

shipment #1

My 1st box from Target arrived today :woot:. Here are some pics (they may be the worst photos I've ever taken -- sorry for the awful quality). What was in the box:

Grey shirtdress: I ordered a size S and then read a few days later that it ran big. It is, in fact, too large, especially across the chest and under the arms. It's also a little on the long side (I'm 5'4"). When the XS arrives, I may shorten it a few inches...

Cream lace blouse: Also size S. Fits pretty nicely, XS might have fit, too. There are strange points in the shoulders but I think they'll fall out once it's hung on a proper hanger. I'm going to keep this one. (For those who are worried about the buttons up the back, the shirt went over my head with all of the buttons done up.)

Navy cami with pintucks: Size S. Fits a little tight across the chest. Sorry it's impossible to see in the pic. Not sure if I'll keep this or not.

Ebony pants: Size 5. These are huuuuge on me. I'm a 26 in jeans, but was worried they'd be cut small so I went up a size. I think a 3 might have even been to big. I don't love the pants even if they had fit, so they're going back.

Navy/green cardigan: Size S. Very cute, although after I placed this order, I saw the red/pink combo and ordered that one. Not sure which I'll keep. The sleeves are very long, which is nice because I have unusually long arms.

I think that's everything. Still to come: shirtdress in smaller size + the other (striped) shirtdress, pink + red cardigan...

Attachments

• libertine1.jpg
    libertine1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 7
  • libertine2.jpg
    libertine2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 8
  • libertine3.jpg
    libertine3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 7
  • libertine4.jpg
    libertine4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 4
  • libertine5.jpg
    libertine5.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1
thank you for your pics abbeyroad. i like the fact that the lace shirt can be slipped on while buttoned! maybe i will get it after all. i think the shirt would look professional enough for me to wear it at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->