Libertine for Target

I received an email from Target today telling me new pieces from Libertine have arrived, but I don't notice anything different on the website. Does anyone else see any new clothing?

There were a few new pieces that I noticed; mainly they were the same pieces in different colors.

I really like this collection. I bought more pieces from this collection than any other. I bought both blue camis (I may return them because I'm not sold on the fit), both the creme and black crepe top, the tree t-shirt, the pink and blue scarf, and the skull argyle sweater. Overall, I'm pleased with the quality and fit. It's not stellar, but what can you expect at that price? My biggest complaint is that the dye used to print the tree on the shirt appears to have bled under the arm a bit, giving that area a greenish tint. I'm really afraid to wash it for fear it will bleed out. Has anyone noticed any color bleed and/or has washed the tree tee?

I"m really not into this collection at all, and I have loved at least *something* from most of the GO Target designers. I dunno, the whole skull thing...it's sooo over done. I dunno, I might go back and give it a second run through though...I only really glanced at it when I was skirting through Target quickly, trying to escape without spending $100 after going in there just for a tube of toothpaste. :smile:

It just seemed a little too youthful. Not in the early 20's way, but like, in the 13 and under way...

Kate Bosworth in the striped tunic/dress

justjared.com

katebosworthlibertinedrmm5.jpg

^^^
she looks great!
I got the black crepe dress and the blue and green cardigan. although the white trim is a little on the cheap side, I think the dress overall is great. It fits me very well!!
I got the cardigan in an xs for that extra slim fit and I love it too. I'm currently searching for the navy blazer with white trim in an xs... it is NOWHERE to be found.. I don't want to order online bc of all the hassle in case it fits wierd.

I accidently ruined my shirtdress with (very permanent) film processing fluids, the brown splotches from which appeared days later. And I liked it pretty well... :cry:

I tried a fantistic pair of their black pants on today. They were huge, but a lot of fun. I see the collection that way... a little immature, not all together, but the best little toy. I'm enjoying it.

The Target here had NO Libertine pieces! They had the GO section but there was nothing but Mossimo stuff in the racks. So depressing. Do you think if I am a Medium that I should get a Large in the shirts/dresses because of my large *ahem* chest?

ecrivais, maybe you should try a large.

kate bosworth looks great in that dress. i love it when multi-millionaires wear this cheap stuff!

I spotted this blazer in the latest issue of Glamour, who claims it's a Libertine piece. After checking both Target's website and a location near me, I've come to the conclusion that Glamour must have mislabeled the jacket, which is supposedly $40. Does anyone have any information as to whether or not it's actually a Libertine blazer? I'm desperate to know!

Sorry for the awful quality of the scan. My scanner has been acting up lately. And no, the piece in question isn't the Admiral Blue Trench Coat, which I originally thought. The stitching and buttons are noticeably different, as is the length.

My scan

yup, thats a libertine jacket. ive seen it at my local store. it was also in vogue magazine as well. its nice quality.

yup, thats a libertine jacket. ive seen it at my local store. it was also in vogue magazine as well. its nice quality.

Thanks for the information. Now that I look at Target.com again, I notice the blazer is featured in one of their Libertine Looks. Oddly, it's not available for purchase. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for a blue jacket. Thanks again, I appreciate your help!

can anyone tell me (or better yet, provide me a link that i'll return with much needed karma) to a skeleton tank? i saw it in an add and cant find it anywhere on target.com.....i wonder if it has yet to come out? it's black with like rhinestones that make up a skull and corss bones design...

The blue blazer/jacket is now sold out online and it was snapped up from my local Targets. It looks wonderful in pictures, but I wasn't impressed with how it looked in person.

jun3machina - The skull & bones tank top is in stores and online. Here is a link to the skull tank. Unfortunately it's now sold out online. target.com might restock it, but I highly doubt it. I really liked how it looked on me so I hope that it's still around one of my local Targets. I only bought the bird tank and the scarves so far. I wasn't fast or rich enough to buy the other things I wanted like the lace bolero, the tree shirt and the cream lace blouse with the buttons in the back.

I tried on a lot of things from the collection but I would say that it's best for someone with long arms or long torsos. I'm 5'3 and I felt like I was too petite to pull off some of the clothes. :blush:

jun3machina, there are a few on eBay. I'm not sure if direct links to eBay are allowed here, so I'll leave it at this. Just search for "libertine" and you should find a few.

It kind of makes me sick that people go out and practically buy out the inventory just to sell it at a blown up price on ebay.

I went to Target today and even though all of my sizes were gone, I was very pleased with the lovely prints! There were some skulls and whales on a pair of shorts. Great detail and the prices are going to keep me from becoming homeless.

It kind of makes me sick that people go out and practically buy out the inventory just to sell it at a blown up price on ebay.

I HATE that too! :furious:
it's not so bad with the traget stuff but for the h&m collaborations it was definitely out of control..
if you didn't line up outside and buy what you could on that first day then there was little to no chance of getting anything..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->