Proenza Schouler for Target

I just don't see a fit with PS and Target. I would feel more confident in the line if they were at H&M...just because H&M is strictly a clothing store and not a variety store like Target. I don't know. I'll have to see what the pieces look and feel like when I go to target to buy my toothpaste and toilet paper. :ninja:

Target is known for bringing the best of design to the masses, but so far (IMHO--I am not impressed with what Mizrahi has done) they haven't done it with clothes. I think they *have* succeeded with housewares (Michael Graves et al). I would love to see them do it in all facets of their business. As long as children aren't making it (i.e., as long as it is fair trade), I have no problem with it. Cheap shouldn't have to mean ugly and boring. Plenty of people here and everywhere are bothered by ugliness (see the "fashion victims" thread)--so let's make good design accessible. It doesn't have to be Proenza--but why not?

fashionista-ta said:
Target is known for bringing the best of design to the masses, but so far (IMHO--I am not impressed with what Mizrahi has done) they haven't done it with clothes. I think they *have* succeeded with housewares (Michael Graves et al). I would love to see them do it in all facets of their business. As long as children aren't making it (i.e., as long as it is fair trade), I have no problem with it. Cheap shouldn't have to mean ugly and boring. Plenty of people here and everywhere are bothered by ugliness (see the "fashion victims" thread)--so let's make good design accessible. It doesn't have to be Proenza--but why not?

Well said, fashionista-ta. :flower: I completely agree with what you said, esp. about Mizrahi. From time to time I can actually find stuff at Target that I actually like. However I do agree that people who shop at Target might not know who PS are, let alone Mizrahi...

realistically, your average target shopper probably doesn't even know what proenza schouler is.

AND, it's true, Isaac Mizrahi has made VERY disappointing "collections" for target - made cheaply and without any creativity. I doubt Mizrahi even puts any real thought into his target line. It's interesting how stores like "forever 21" can make cheap clothes but with some flare (although most of it is copying designer clothes). At least "forever 21" TRIES to make their clothes a bit interesting.

I'm all for lower end designer lines, but I feel that most designers "sell out" by not truly caring what their lower end lines look like.

No, proenza schouler is NOT doing very well. They don't make that much money (at least reading business reports in WWD) and REALLY need collaborations with big companies like Target to have longevity (unfortunately). The proenza schouler boys are talented, but probably need a good business manager.

It's interesting that Target would think about picking a less well know designer like Proenza Schouler (they're definitely more obscure to your average american).

em 692 said:
it's Proenza Schouler for Target!!! :woot: ...oddly enough i'm quite excited ^_^
IM QUITE EXCITED ABOUT PROENZA POSSIBLY PUTTING A LINE IN TARGET.NOW PEOPLE WHO CAN'T AFFORD THEIR CURRENT LINE CAN ACTUALLY BUY SOMETHING DESIGN BY THEM.I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/scene/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=293645&itype=8488

Missing The Target
Proenza could've caused mass hysteria—with an emphasis on "mass."

Monday, January 09, 2006

1.gif
1.gif
javascript:openRMAWithDetails(326112,1,216,300)
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

1.gif
1.gif
(NEW YORK)
Oh, to buy a Proenza Schouler dress for $29.99! Sound too good to be true? That’s because it is—at least according to sources inside the sportswear company. Late last week, rumors swept the internet—and British Vogue—claiming that Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez would soon design a low-priced line for the popular chain.
Alas, it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen, at least in the next year. While WWD could say only that “officials from Proenza Schouler could not be reached” to confirm or deny the story, The Daily has this from Proenza’s feisty publicist, Bonnie Morrison: “The first—and only—I had heard of the Target collaboration was when I read it last week. But I love rumors, so if you hear any other good ones, send 'em this way...”
The Daily still hopes that Bonnie’s fibbing, and that there really is a Target deal in the works. In the meantime, did you hear the one about the Olsen twins buying 49% of Gucci?
FARAN KRENTCIL

if it were to happen i think i'd be a bad fit because of one reason: no one knows about proenza schouler:(

I'd get the Target version since I don't wear leather.

As far as Proenza Schouler's line goes, I'll definitely buy. Being a high school student I don't have access to a ton of money but if it fits in my budget I'll take a look.

how exciting! now i'll have a reason to shop at target more often :smile:

sad that its apparently not true;-(

but i can feel the luella bartley coming soon!!
i visited a few targets this weekend and i saw that they had marked down the fiorucci stuff. luella is next!!

Luella/Target

I went to the Luella/Target Show in NY a month ago. Watered-down vodka and beer and plenty of suits. To my surprise my fabolous friends Queens of Noize were playing there. The clothes looked alright, but then again, it was pretty basic and you could tell that the styling made it look way better than it actually was. It was kind of fifties preppy stuff, pretty cute and acceptable.

I got this awful Luella Tote that I gave to my mom, who loves it. I have to say that the other accesories were cute, I could definetely see girls across america stock up on them.

Jesper said:
I went to the Luella/Target Show in NY a month ago. Watered-down vodka and beer and plenty of suits. To my surprise my fabolous friends Queens of Noize were playing there. The clothes looked alright, but then again, it was pretty basic and you could tell that the styling made it look way better than it actually was. It was kind of fifties preppy stuff, pretty cute and acceptable.

I got this awful Luella Tote that I gave to my mom, who loves it. I have to say that the other accesories were cute, I could definetely see girls across america stock up on them.

Puh-leeze tell us more.
so you saw the polo shirts, pencil cases, cherry totes, prom dresses and sequin tanks. what was the leather jacket like?
were there larger accessories? like mini suitcases?

people who aren't familiar with Proenza Schouler won't figure out that it is an actual designer brand one way or the other...they would probably think it's just a random new line and wouldn't care any more than that...

anyways, i wonder if this is a rumor or not...i don't know which article to believe :ninja:

Pastry said:
if it were to happen i think i'd be a bad fit because of one reason: no one knows about proenza schouler:(

Did people who aren't connected to fashion know Mizrahi beforehand? I think the point is that if they did this, people would know them.

fashionista-ta said:

I think if Target seriously wants to get into the "cheap chic" pot with H&M; they are going to have to separate their apparel from their other items.

I think that Target should definitely think about modifiying their existing store and building the newer stores with a separate entrance and area for apparel and set up that space like a H&M, TopShop and Zara.

This would "change" the shopping experience for alot of people and perhaps incline budget fashionistas to look at Target as another viable cheap chic option as well as setting the scene for further credibility when it come to courting designers like Proenza and the like.

Everyone gets to design for H&M or Target! What about meeeeee?

bagsnthings said:
I think if Target seriously wants to get into the "cheap chic" pot with H&M; they are going to have to separate their apparel from their other items.

I think that Target should definitely think about modifiying their existing store and building the newer stores with a separate entrance and area for apparel and set up that space like a H&M, TopShop and Zara.

This would "change" the shopping experience for alot of people and perhaps incline budget fashionistas to look at Target as another viable cheap chic option as well as setting the scene for further credibility when it come to courting designers like Proenza and the like.

Thats actually a great idea! Sort of like the garden supplies has its own enclosed area and entrance. You should work for Target :flower:

i'm hearing that proenza is working with target after all -- they're the next designer after tara jarmon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerdays
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->