Proenza Schouler for Target

lucy92 said:
nogoodforme, thanks for the report. what about potential wrinkling with the gauze dress? do you think that will an issue?

actually, i don't think wrinkling will be that big of an issue...it's a pretty sturdy cotton. i took it out of the box and wore it around for a bit, and any wrinkles from being packed came out pretty easily.

Target wrote me an email this morning saying they cancelled 2 items from my order: the grey twill pants and the silk chain print wrap top because they thought they could get them from their sources, but no longer can. That's such crap! Why show something in stock if unsure of availability?! And they still have the darn pants as in stock on the site, so I'm confused. Grrr! I guess I'll just go look at the stores and see if they still have them, or if now I can't get them there either.

i got the same email! only this time they cancelled my avalon sea silk kimono style dress! one of my most wantd items! i just went to target and ordered the dress again and used this code TGTSAVE3 for 10% off. the code works.

i think you should try to order the scarf again.

the grey twill pants were in the first wave of PS stuff at my local target. bet youll be able to find it if you dont order it again.

I just got an email cancelling my order, too! I had ordered the tshirt in yellow and purple. What the he**? I'm going to try reordering...

That's very weird about all the cancellation emails.
Well, I reordered the grey twill pants, and now I'll be curious if they cancel them on me again. Oh, I noticed they have free shipping on orders over $50 now, but I didn't want to order extra stuff just for free shipping. I already ordered enough items in previous orders. Just wanted to give a "heads up". :smile:

i got the same e-mail this morning re: the purple voile bustier in size 5 that i ordered last week. i did get one in size 7 in the mail yesterday so it doesn't matter that they cancelled.

for anyone checking on sizing, i'm a 34B/36A and size 4. the size 7 fits OK.

i'm not sure if should keep it though. it's just cut way too low for me. i can layer it with a tee though. we'll see...

:angry:

i got the same email...cancelling my silk palm print dress!
were you really able to order it again lucy?

Oh no. That stinks. I have ordered the same dress and am expecting it Friday. I have checked the tracking and it is on it's way with the empire waist Aloha dress. I hope they are both still coming. I have not received any notification, but it sounds like they are just telling people. When did you all order it?

sarah13 said:
Oh no. That stinks. I have ordered the same dress and am expecting it Friday. I have checked the tracking and it is on it's way with the empire waist Aloha dress. I hope they are both still coming. I have not received any notification, but it sounds like they are just telling people. When did you all order it?

i ordered mine back before the collection was in stores using the shoplocal.com links...

i went online and ordered it again with the code lucy gave out (thanks!) and it said it would ship tomorrow...:blink:

so strange...

well, i guess we'll see whether or not our palm dresses ship tommorow. i hope target doesnt break my heart!:blush:

i got a few items in today.
the black tankini top (its a little short, im worried that because of my long torso itll fit funny)
the green gauze dress (colors are a little garish but i like the cut)
purple gauze dress (again colors are a bit garish)

i dont think wrinkling will be an issue with either dress. i cant wait to try them on! i think i will return at least one of these dresses.

i also got both silk bustier tops in medium. quality looks great! i measured the bottom part of the band and its 14.5 inches across. so 29 inches around. my ribs i think are bigger than 29 inches..hopefully it will fit.

I went to my local Target today and I didn't think the quality was an issue at all, but I didn't really like the cut/tailoring of most of the clothes.

I realize that seems like a contradictory statement, but what I mean is the quality of fabric seemed fine.

I went to target and checked out the clothes. It's really cheap, unflattering, and most of the girls I saw perusing were unimpressed.

I feel like they threw this together using whatever resources Target had laying around. I took a look at the bustier dresss and almost laughed. It was like a cheap bra with a piece of fabric attached. And really, the clothes ended up just looking like something for a 10 year old girl. Really great children's wear.

It's pretty common for Target to cancel orders. They did that to me with some Luella stuff, four weeks after I ordered it. This is why I don't trust any links before they are made public, or any other pre-order situations. There's probably some clause excusing them from responsibility, if the links were not made available on the main site. I think there is also a clause stating they can place limits on certain items depending on demand or supply.

Nobody responded to my earlier entry, where I criticized Target's "design for all" motto, when they are clearly distributing to certain markets and cities, in preference to others. Those people in NYC got first dibs on the stuff, and I imagine many got first dibs at making a small fortune on eBay.

Sigh, so much inequity in the world, what is one to do?:P

Well I got my Kimono style dress and I am not crazy about it. The top fits fine but there is a strange pooch at the stomach and then the lower portion tapers down. I don't have a huge bum, but I am also not shapped like a 12 year old. I am going to try it on again, but my initial reaction is that the cut is unflattering and I think I am going to return it. Does anyone else have the Kimono dress?

sarah13 said:

I put in my order on February 4. There were two items that I ordered, both the purple gauze dress but in different sizes. The size 7 shipped immediately. The size 5 was on hold until they cancelled.

I put in two more orders via the hidden links posted here. They shipped immediately and I should be getting them this week.

I got mine yesterday. I am not sure about the fit though. The top portion I love the but the skirt portion pooches around my stomach and makes me look a little pregnant...I really wanted the Kimono dress to work out, but I am afriad I might have to return it :(

does anyone have the "hidden link" to either of the bathing suits?

After my order was cancelled yesterday, I went back on and reordered the two tshirts (yellow + purple) plus I added the white one, the purple palm print dress and the brown bustier dress. So maybe it's to their advantage to cancel our orders -- I just ended up tripling my order! My stuff shipped this morning so hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->