Project Runway Season Four

like Rami said Christian make clothes for models not for women, he may get difficulties with sales.

His clothes would really only look good on someone of her bodytype...which is why Rami was right when he said christian would have to expand his mind alittle beyond models. But Christian also said he only wants to do high fashoin and doesn't care as much about making loads of money like Jil and Ramina...

He's going to roll over and die when he see's all the "average" people wearing his clothes. Because that's who watches this show... the normals.

Source | WWD | March 14th

WINNER TAKES ALL: "Project Runway" winner Christian Siriano, who just got backers for his line on Monday, is on a West Coast whirlwind this week. The pocket-size designer, who said the W Hotel gifted him a bed to end his furniture-less existence, flew to Los Angeles with a rack of clothes, including the ruffled dress he created for Victoria Beckham in the show's last episode. He greeted fans, including retailers Cameron Silver and Tracey Ross, at a dinner in his honor at the Roosevelt Hotel Wednesday night, and said he was meeting with Beckham on Thursday to fit her in more pieces he designed for her. He's also taping an appearance on "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno today and a cameo — as himself — on "Ugly Betty." "It's fierce. I love it all," he said. "Some woman just asked me to make her wedding dress. I took one look at her ring and was like, 'Let's go, girl!'"

he might be the first project runway winner to actually break it into the fashion industry and not disappear like the others..

I've been waiting for the entire season, since episode 1, for someone to mention the huge similarities between Christian's "avant garde" designs and Alexander McQueen's past successes.

Not to mention her thoughts on VB judging. PRICELESS.

Thank you Jillian :heart:
Seconded.

"fashion for all the people" :flower:

I seriously doubt Christian will have any sort of success in the future. :S

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'm surprised he's gone the media wh*re route before finding out if his lumpy organza can make it in fashion.

he might be the first project runway winner to actually break it into the fashion industry and not disappear like the others..

I think he'll do well...he has ambition and is every bit the prodigy.

omg he is going to be in Ugly Betty! fantastic. he really looks like first from this show to break through

Christian is a caricature.

I think that is part of the reason he is so hot right now.
He could have made the same clothes and just not have said fierce 8 million times and people would not have been as intrested in him, IMO.

I wonder where he will go when his novelity wears off.

The SNL parody of him was hilarious...personality is important for designers, it's what makes them noticeable to the media. Hello Karl Lagerfeld....Tom Ford, John galliano...real outrageous people...

It's so bizarre how much fame he's already getting! He was on Ellen and another talkshow. His name won't be falling through the cracks like past seasons' winners!

NY Mag

Run Through

3/20/08

6:17 PM

Paula Abdul Spent $3K on ‘Project Runway’ Hershey Dress

20_paulaherseys_lgl.jpg
A projection of Paula on October 31.Photo composite: Getty Images, Courtesy of Bravo

^^This is the original "article" posted w/the Paula Abdul photo.

NYMag

How much would you spend on the dress Rami Kashou made for the Project Runway Hershey's challenge? $100? $250? Try $2,975. That's what Paula Abdul shelled out for it, beating out all other bids in an online auction to benefit charity. Hershey partnered with Project Runway to auction off all the designs from the candy-store challenge, totaling by our math (which is admittedly bad) $7,583.98. That's a lot of cash for candy wrappers! Kashou, who has dressed Abdul a few times for American Idol, said her stylist called him yesterday to tell him she won the dress. Though we wouldn't put it past her, it doesn't sound like Abdul will wear the dress for Idol. She told Kashou she might wear it for Halloween next year. Kashou suggested she save it for a photo shoot or music video "should one arise." Still, a good cause is a good cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->