Project Runway Season Four

Christian has proven that he can construct very elaborate clothes if he wants to but as designer, he's pretty much a one-trick pony. There are plenty of established "showmen" already out there and almost all of them are much more innovative and can execute many different looks successfully. I can't believe that the judges picked up Rami's slightly questionable color schemes and Jillian's lack of cohesiveness but seemed to overlook Christian's complete lack of breadth and originality! :huh: Rami should have won.

Jillian is talented. She will do well, regardless. In fact, I would go as far as to say she's lucky - the winners rarely see the day of light... Jay McCarol anyone? While he was bearable, but he, like Christian, is a caricature of those working in the fashion industry. Loud, tactless, bratty, entitled, and disgustingly self-satisfied. It's sad that so many ppl. find this behavior amusing, let alone 'charming'... :doh:

Rami's collection was boring but extremely well-done. I thought he was the most viable. Jillian's, however bleh it was, was the most brazen of the three. She is never predictable - even when sedate. Christian's, as Spike brilliantly pted out, was so ridiculously Zara... laughable, rly...

Source | WWD | March 7th

RUNNING OFF THE RUNWAY?: Should there be another season of "Project Runway"? Depends on who you ask. Judge and mentor Tim Gunn, of course, believes the show has infinite life. "Independent of my old age, I think the show could go on forever," Gunn said at a viewing party in TriBeCa Wednesday night for the show's finale.

But past contestants at the party believe the show's producers should come up with a new formula. "Personally, watching it, they need to change the format or something to refresh the love people have for the show," said finalist Jillian Lewis, who felt the show could last, "maybe another season or two. I love the show, but now it feels it's easier to predict what's going to happen."

Even this season's winner, Christian Siriano, believes "Project Runway" needs a new project. "This was a really hard season to beat, and I'm kinda worried about next season, because I feel like it'll be compared to our season," he said. "I'm thinking they need to change it up, but I don't want them to change it for the better 'cause then I'll be jealous." Bravo is currently casting for season five's contestants.

And what next for this season's winner? Siriano's winning line may be showing up at Henri Bendel or selling on his Web site — "that is, unless Victoria [Beckham] buys the whole collection, which she very well might," the designer said of Posh, who guest judged on the finale and publicly declared she would like to wear his clothing. Siriano said he has an appointment to meet with Beckham next week. "It's all the prize I needed — though winning was fierce, too."

If the former Spice Girl doesn't claim the whole 12-piece collection for her own, Siriano plans to take special orders, including for "more sellable pieces" on his Web site, on which pieces will retail from $200 to $2,000. He also plans to create a separate line for Bluefly.com, a sponsor of the show, but that's not the final destination for the 22-year-old. "The line I showed at fashion week, I don't know if it's for the Bluefly customer — I would rather have it at Bergdorf and Barneys," he said.

As for fashion week in September, he already has financing for a show, both from friends and a benefit in Baltimore, adding to the $100,000 award he got for winning "Project Runway." "Next season I want my show to be as special as possible and that will, sad to say, take more than $100,000," he said.

Jillian is talented. She will do well, regardless. In fact, I would go as far as to say she's lucky - the winners rarely see the day of light... Jay McCarol anyone?

Actually Jay McCarroll debuts his first Collection this fall & a full Feature Documentary chronicling the journey begins screening in April.

:flower:

ETA: The collection part is old info (fashionista:(judge: but the documentary info is correct...check the website...it's called Eleven Minutes.

^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
:unsure: But Jay already showed one or two (Rather strange) collections in the fashion weeks after his win...I'm so confused! :lol: There was also already "Project Jay."

you know whereas,rami and christian(as much as i love drama he does the same crap over and over nevermind the derivitiveness) seemed so boringly one-dimensional,i think jillian is the most talented. she showed so much more range to me. she can do very simple,saleable things but i saw alot more chances being taken by her in these last two rounds,going out of her usual realm and doing something a bit more dramatic. and she executed them rather well,i thought. too bad for them. christian won't see the light of day except to promote next season's project runway. i think jillian will be the one that will take the next step.

Last edited by a moderator:
another thing...i really like her personality. she's very quiet,soft-spoken...complete anti-diva. she seemed to genuinely be in this in the hopes of getting herself out there rather than fame.

Oh please those b*tches are so full of themselves, I'm sure the talent next season will be even better. I just started getting into the show this season, so that means it keeps getting better.

I agree completely Scott. To me, she was really the only contestant this season to show a range of ideas and pieces. We saw party dresses, we saw tailoring, we saw quirky vintage inspired stuff, even her design for that beyond ridiculous wrestling challenge was the most interesting and least tacky...she showed a lot of potential.

I think with her Ralph Lauren pedigree and the exposure she's gotten from PR, she'll go far. I do hope we see more from her.

Some dirt on Victorya straight from Tim Gunn: ( copied & pasted from ohnotheydidnt)

MR: Wasn’t he in the hospital for a week?

TG: “Yes, a week on an IV drip. And frankly, we needed to exit him through a story line. He was there about a day too long. Victorya in particular was so hysterical with me and with the producers, [saying] ‘What are you doing to him? He should stay.’ It’s like, ‘You know something, he should be in the hospital right now. Stop it, and stop being so selfish.’”

MR: I don’t really understand why she was so upset. Can you explain that to me?

TG: “She was sourpuss, a crabby apple as I keep saying, throughout almost all the show, other than Days 1, 2 and 3. She became this sour pill. Rich Bye, one of the executive producers, and I had two off camera interventions with her. I said to her, ‘You know what makes me beside myself is the fact that there are thousands of designers who would love to be in your place. What’s the matter with you?’

“She said, ‘I never dreamed the experience of being on the show would be like this.’ We said, ‘What do you mean?’ ‘I never dreamed we’d only have a day for challenges, that we wouldn’t have any breaks.’ ‘But you said you saw the show.’ She said, ‘I assumed it was cheated.’ I said, ‘Then you only have your own delusions to blame.’ She was really angry and bitter.

“On one occasion – they edited this out, I knew they would – we were at Mood [Fabrics], and I’m handing out money. They each have $250 dollars. She collects the envelopes from all the designers and hands them back to me. She said, ‘I want you to count it.’ I just stared at her. ‘You want me to do what?’

“She wanted me to count the money in each envelope. I looked to the producer on site with us, and I said, ‘I’m not doing this, am I?’ and he said, ‘The rules say that if a designer asks for the money to be counted, we have to count it.’ I said, ‘Fine,’ and asked why she wanted it counted. And she had pulled out this sheaf of papers – she had the rules with her – and she said, ‘I don’t believe that we all have the same amount of money.’ Why would we do that? If someone didn’t have the right amount, wouldn’t they come to me? So I counted the money.

“But that’s what it was like dealing with her. She actually said about Jack’s departure that we had engineered him leaving because he wasn’t a pretty face anymore. I just said to her, ‘I fundamentally don’t understand why you can’t understand that he is seriously ill. Furthermore, it’s a MRSA [infection]. We are all at risk.’ But she said we were forcing him out and that shouldn’t happen and we should have a hearing or something.”

MR: That explains what the hostility was about in the reunion special. I think I get that now.

TG: “I still don’t understand [what was going on with her]. She was at the finale party last night. I said to myself, ‘What are you doing here? Why are you here, you’ve disassociated yourself from the show, supposedly, but you’re here?’

“I will say this too, as sour as she is, she is extremely talented.”

Oh God, she was such a stiff beyotch. She designed some cool stuff but wow...snob and crazy...the reunion show was tense with her and that other crazy woman who was claiming people were against her! LOL

I love Christian.. I think he's talented and funny... eventhough sometimes he's pretty bitchy but entertaining to watch

I don't care what anybody says, I loved Victorya. She has talent.

Jillian echoing our exact sentiments:

(copy+paste)

http://video.bravotv.com/player/?id=226083&dst=btv|widget|Bravo%20TV%20Video&__source=btv|widget|Bravo%20TV%20Video

http://video.bravotv.com/player/?id=226098&dst=btv|widget|Bravo%20TV%20Video&__source=btv|widget|Bravo%20TV%20Video

can i just say that i love her for this?

Go Jillian! I am so glad she noticed the McQueen rip offs and mentioned it in this video. She's so right on about VB and Christian.

I've been waiting for the entire season, since episode 1, for someone to mention the huge similarities between Christian's "avant garde" designs and Alexander McQueen's past successes.

Not to mention her thoughts on VB judging. PRICELESS.

Thank you Jillian :heart:

I appreciate Jillian's honesty...and I also think christian was thinking the same thing going in: That it would be between Ram and Jillian because they made more wearable lines. That is why I think he was so nervous leading up to the collections; people will wear his stuff but a very specific kind of woman will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->